PDA

View Full Version : Extreme lag problems

Swampie
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I am running the lowest settings possible, and the chapter starts on an orange building with electric fences, but the chapter is unplayable due to lag, is there any way i can get it working? :mad:

7grain
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Are you using at ATI card? Turn off the PhysX support. Use the Options at the Main Menu.

If you have PhysX activated and you're using an ATI (AMD now) card, the game will run, but your frame rates will fall dangerously when glass starts breaking and stuff starts flying around. Cards from nVidia (who owns the PhysX engine, system, whatever) have native PhysX support and handle it much better.

Good luck.

hbscott
04-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I had the same thing happen to me earlier in the week. I have an Nvidia card and updated the drivers to the newest beta drivers that just came out. When I did the game ran great until I broke some glass and then it went from 60+ fps to a 15 fps slideshow. I checked the Nvidia Control Panel and Physx had defaulted to the CPU when I upgraded the drivers. I set Physx to run off the video card and have not had a problem since. Hope this helps.