PDA

View Full Version : Buy on Steam, or in a box?

thorvaaldr
03-21-2011, 03:28 PM
I remember reading some forum reviews that said, don't buy it online, buy it in a box. They weren't against Steam in particular, they just said/implied that the stuff you get in the box is worth it, rather than a virtual copy.

Opinions?

I would like to think the Steam version includes digital copies of whatever manuals and other printed materials are in the boxed version.

Is that, in fact, the case?

Thanks!

differlot
03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
online is cheaper

alchemistlord
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
It seems like it's lower price for less content. Your choice, you don't have forever.

Aitkenj
03-22-2011, 05:18 AM
The Package - The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is more than just a better version of last year's RPG of the Year. The premium packaging would usually infer some sort of Collector's Edition... but at the price of a regular game, it's simply a great value. In your download you'll also get: Multilingual game disc, D'jinni Adventure Editor, Two new adventures offering 5+ hours of gameplay, Official Soundtrack, Music Inspired by The Witcher album, Making-of videos, Official game guide, Map of The Witcher's world

Your missing out on a box and a plastic drink coaster ;)

jfred-silva
03-22-2011, 07:28 AM
The Witcher is on sale http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/

thorvaaldr
03-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Your missing out on a box and a plastic drink coaster ;)

I love you, man.

You CAN have my Bud Light!

Thanks.

(Now pulling the trigger on this, and the Gothic bundle.)

Just Arthur
03-24-2011, 02:40 AM
You can find the making of videos under your steam folder. (can't be bothered to look for the exact path, let me know if you can't find it :P)

BMBender
03-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Box or use a different Digital vendor Failed to contact key server is currently in effect (they ran outta liscenses)

BlackHell
03-30-2011, 07:23 AM
I bought the Box. Because i got the Platinum Edition from The Witcher Enhanced Edition for only 16.
On the box it says that the Platinum Edition has FIVE additional Adventures and bonus content from the Community and the Enhanced Edition has only TWO advantures.
I cann't activate it to work with steam, because steam doesn't sell the platinum edition but thats ok.
It's up to you if you buy the steam enhanced version for 16 or the boxed platinum edition for 16.