PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Medal Requirements?

augusstus
03-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm working on getting platinum medal on every game course, and I would want to know at what score does it give platinum medal?
I stuck on the Wave mode, Stage 3/Tanks, where the bronze is 80,000 points, the silver 120,000 and the gold is 160,000. I got up with a large amount of trial and error and practice of this stage to 249,600 points and it's still not enough for a platinum medal? +50% of the gold score and its still not worth a platinum.

The same frustration goes for the Wave/Stage 3/Shocks. Gold star is from 200,000 points, and at 317k points, it's still not worth a platinum. And I really went all out as much as I could on this high score and I can hardly see to increase that much.

Would anyone let me know at what points do these 2 stage awards a platinum medal?

Thanks!

TB_BSG
03-23-2011, 07:05 AM
So what we did with the platinum medals, is that we tried to go for the best we could do and then lower it by a certain percentage. And the later the levels the less we deducted from our best scores. So while bronze, silver and gold score amounts were decided on how difficult we think it would be for a player and at what level we should give him the extra gratification, for platinum levels we worked it out differently.
Beating the platinum in some of the levels can be really tough compared to the gold medal. Especially in some wave levels it can be hard while the survival should all be quite easy to do after some training.

For the levels you ask the platinum medals are:
3/tanks 260k
3/shocks 360k

Best Thomas
Brightside Games Team

augusstus
03-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the info!

I was able to get it on the Tanks stage, however I cannot get any much closer on the Shocks one.

Depending on when certain killed enemies drop time-travel power-ups, I'm able to be in the 330-335k score max. But not further. And because of the randomness of TT power-ups, its little annoying even just to get near my own high-score. Which is still 25k short of platinum.

When I'm able to reach around 330k, my score is around 235-240k at best, before the BIG last wave.

Could you let me know what should be my score at this point of this stage according to those gameplays of the devs/beta testers which resulted in platinum?

So I may get an idea if my tactics lack something up until then, or I'm not doing the best on that last massive wave.

Thanks again!

MB_BSG
03-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi augusstus,
great to see that you are still motivated :-D
Im the level designer and i guess i was the one who had this high score in the testing time.
I have to tell you that i simply can't remember the details, but i guess that you are on the best way.
Sadly i don't have as much time playing Zeitē as while we made it so my high scores in the leaderboards are in many levels not close to what i had in the testing phase. Even more as i played more on the Xbox than on Steam.
As TB already mentioned many of the platinum scores are high scores from that time, some of them we reduced a bit. Maybe we couldve done that with those two scores as well as they are really hard to get.
Just keep trying from time to time and there will be the day you get it.

Best and thx for playing Zeitē
Markus
Brightside Games Team

augusstus
03-28-2011, 02:00 PM
I GOT IT! I GOT IT!!

The day had come! :D
After hundreds of trials on that stage, accidentally discovered a little change in my tactic that resulted in a score increase and that I could repeatedly do and suddenly my score range jumped up to 350k-359k. Than everything came together in the last run, and 379k. HURRAY!

With this, I got Platinum medals on every single game mode!

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6595/zeit2statistics.jpg

Is there any other player, let it be on Xbox, as well, who achieved this? :)
(excluding you guys, of course)

MB_BSG
03-28-2011, 03:35 PM
WOW Congratulations!

As far as i'm aware of no other player has all platinum medals.

TB_BSG
03-29-2011, 01:57 AM
Congrats! You got some really impressive stats there. I wonder if you play with keyboard or gamepad?

augusstus
03-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Thank you! :)
It's just keyboard. Never tried a gamepad before, but I guess the controls would be smoother with one?