PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Adventure DX Wont Save

AR-15
03-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Every time I start the game it says creat a new file. So I hit "S" to make one, it says it saved, but it never does... :o

http://i53.tinypic.com/14kwnrp.jpg

ezodagrom
03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
By searching just a little bit you would have found the solution.
There's a bug in the Steam version of the Dreamcast Collection games, the games don't save and the configuration application doesn't work, but there is a workaround:
1st create a folder named "SEGA" in your documents folder, then create a folder named "SONIC ADVENTURE DX" in the just created SEGA folder. After that, copy the file config.ini that is located in "programs\steam\steamapps\common\sonic adventure dx" into the "documents\SEGA\SONIC ADVENTURE DX" folder.
By doing this you'll be able to save. Also you can now change the settings of the game by manually editing the config.ini file with a text editing software (wordpad, notepad, notepad++, ...), for example, by changing the line FULL_SCREEN=0 to FULL_SCREEN=1 you'll have the game in fullscreen, or by changing the line RESOLUTION=4 to RESOLUTION=3 the game will be in 1024x768 instead of 1280x720.

AR-15
03-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks, a little ridiculous if you ask me. If I pay 10 bucks for a game I expect it save properly without any manually configuration.

Megabobster
03-30-2011, 01:11 AM
Thanks, a little ridiculous if you ask me. If I pay 10 bucks for a game I expect it save properly without any manually configuration.

Agreed. I was browsing around here just because I was kind of bored, and it seems like this port is missing a few key features. I don't quite understand why they didn't just repackage the old PC version...

Seriously though, as far as I know it'd be less than 10 minutes of someone's time to poke in about 3 lines of code that would do this automatically (hell, I'll do it! Now where's Gabe when you need him...).

JoeB
03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Hopefully the issues get patched eventually. Not generating the save directory is kind of inexcusable as it would be easy to catch during testing.

Nasonxian
09-27-2011, 02:32 AM
I've tried using the aforementioned workaround, but it still doesn't seem to work, at least, the configuration doesn't save, and it's too loud for me to even want to try playing the game until I can get it fixed. I even tried lowering the sound in the Comfig file itself using a txt editor.