PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 Single Player OMG SUCK's Here's Why......

raz512
03-22-2011, 11:56 PM
So I just got done downloading Crysis 2 and started playing through the single player mode. After playing it for a while I noticed many flaws and annoying things while playing the game.

The First thing I noticed-

The Control layout is soooo frustrating :o there are too many inputs for controls for doing things. This layout is way to complicated. There needs to be a simpler layout for controls. I am using the xbox 360 controller for my PC because the controls on the keyboard and mouse are even more hectic for me.

The Second thing I noticed-

BUGS, BUGS, BUGS and more BUGS. I have contoured so many cracks on this game such as, when game loads next level sometimes I start off with NO GUN and just a hand in my face. I had to reset my game to stop that. Next, in one part of the level I jump off a building and neverd reach the floor I was stuck in mid-air. It was sorta funny but than I had no choice to reset the game once again. The next bug is mixed of going threw walls and gun interface issues. Several times I walk right threw a wall, and I also got issues with the gun attactments like for example I had a laser beam attach suck with a iron sight. There were also many other bugs.

The Third thing is the stupid AI's-

The AI enemy's are so stupid meaning have the time there talking
to the wall and make no sense while talking. The AI's sometimes walk right into each other and start shooting eachother. The AI syetem is soo weak than almost any other game I have played.

The last thing is WHY ARE THERE NO PATCHES for this game.

This game is good looking visual game but really the single player is pain in the A$$. I never tried out multilayer but until they fix these dam issues I'm going to go play my COD game because this game draws too much out of me. My computer runs fast so don't think its because of my PC.

brianwitt
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
You sir open yourself to a post of flame wars !

luqa1337
03-23-2011, 12:02 AM
The Control layout is soooo frustrating :o there are too many inputs for controls for doing things. This layout is way to complicated. There needs to be a simpler layout for controls. I am using the xbox 360 controller for my PC because the controls on the keyboard and mouse are even more hectic for me.

come on..

jimmysmitty
03-23-2011, 12:02 AM
How dare you not proclaim Crysis 2 to be the best game ever.

For shame!!!

D4rk Sektor
03-23-2011, 12:07 AM
1.Stop using a controller on PC. I'm having a hard time mapping all the suit functions to keys near WASD, let alone on a silly controller.
2. I have encountered only a single crash so far and I've played about 5 hours of the campaign so far. No other bugs.
3. Stop playing the game on easy or even normal. Unlike other games, Crysis is a game where AI scales up along with enemy health. I'm playing the game on Veteran (aka second hardest) and the AI is pretty damned good. They have realistic line of sight and react appropriately to my actions. They even try to flank me if I stay in a single position for too long. I'm finding that veteran is actually a bit too easy for me, so I will be playing through the game again on Super Soldier.

Scynix
03-23-2011, 12:11 AM
You're completely right. Crysis 2 is terrible. You should go back to Call of Duty. It's a much better game. Full of pleasing aesthetics and game play.

Just close this window and you'll be halfway there! Have fun!

Chubz123
03-23-2011, 12:12 AM
You're completely right. Crysis 2 is terrible. You should go back to Call of Duty. It's a much better game. Full of pleasing aesthetics and game play.

Just close this window and you'll be halfway there! Have fun!

I like how every time someone says they dislike a shooter, there's inevitably one guy who says, "Great, go back to Call of Duty then," as if he can easily assume that's the other poster's game of choice. You're that guy. Congratulations.

mblunk
03-23-2011, 12:14 AM
1.Stop using a controller on PC. I'm having a hard time mapping all the suit functions to keys near WASD, let alone on a silly controller.
2. I have encountered only a single crash so far and I've played about 5 hours of the campaign so far. No other bugs.
3. Stop playing the game on easy or even normal. Unlike other games, Crysis is a game where AI scales up along with enemy health. I'm playing the game on Veteran (aka second hardest) and the AI is pretty damned good. They have realistic line of sight and react appropriately to my actions. They even try to flank me if I stay in a single position for too long. I'm finding that veteran is actually a bit too easy for me, so I will be playing through the game again on Super Soldier.

i like how we're at the point where it's perfectly acceptable if a game 'only' crashes once in 5 hours of play

Scynix
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
I like how every time someone says they dislike a shooter, there's inevitably one guy who says, "Great, go back to Call of Duty then," as if he can easily assume that's the other poster's game of choice. You're that guy. Congratulations.

Did you even read his post?
"I'm going to go play my COD game"
He said he's going back to CoD.

Do you need ketchup for the foot in your mouth?

raz512
03-23-2011, 12:17 AM
You have no idea what I had to go through and by the I was playing on veteran as well. I played four hours stright and I almost rip my eyes on there sockets

Chubz123
03-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Did you even read his post?
"I'm going to go play my COD game"
He said he's going back to CoD.

Do you need ketchup for the foot in your mouth?

I didn't see that part, because it was stuck in the last portion of his post. But on the plus side, I congratulate you for pointing that out. I guess you're one step closer to being the best at the Internet, right? Keep up the great work.

dpeters911
03-23-2011, 12:21 AM
First off, as a PC gamer, I liked that the controls utilize my keyboard more than Crysis 1 (why play on the PC using an XBox controller?)

Scynix
03-23-2011, 12:21 AM
I didn't see that part, because it was stuck in the last portion of his post. But on the plus side, I congratulate you for pointing that out. I guess you're one step closer to being the best at the Internet, right? Keep up the great work.

It always makes my day when I make an uneducated twit eat their own post, so yep, +1 points for me.

Thanks!

Chubz123
03-23-2011, 12:23 AM
First off, as a PC gamer, I liked that the controls utilize my keyboard more than Crysis 1 (why play on the PC using an XBox controller?)

I disagree, because one of the most important controls (Nanovision) is mapped to the "N" key, making it very difficult to reach and forcing you to re-map it just to quickly toggle it on and off in fast-paced situations. I never had this problem with the first Crysis, because everything was seamlessly integrated with the mouse so that a quick flick was the only thing required to switch in and out of modes. I do like some of the shortcuts (like holding SPACE to auto strength jump) but I still prefer the original Crysis version of the suit functions to be honest.

It always makes my day when I make an uneducated twit eat their own post, so yep, +1 points for me.

Thanks!

Wow, you even gave yourself a point? Excellent! Keep judging others' education on an Internet message board, OK? You're doing a great job, I'm telling you! One of these days you'll undoubtedly be an Internet stud.

luqa1337
03-23-2011, 12:28 AM
You have no idea what I had to go through and by the I was playing on veteran as well. I played four hours stright and I almost rip my eyes on there sockets

are you for real? because something tells me, that hes talking about a leaked version.

Chubz123
03-23-2011, 12:30 AM
are you for real? because something tells me, that hes talking about a leaked version.

I don't know, I have the retail version and I've recorded and witnessed many events like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3DUFJ4D1I

The game is absolutely littered with bugs, odd occurrences, and laughably poor AI. It really does feel like an unfinished product. The fact that the thread-starter has so many complaints and has had so many problems with the game is not surprising to me. I'm having fun playing it, but it seems far less polished than the original Crysis.

luqa1337
03-23-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't know, I have the retail version and I've recorded and witnessed many events like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3DUFJ4D1I

The game is absolutely littered with bugs, odd occurrences, and laughably poor AI. It really does feel like an unfinished product. The fact that the thread-starter has so many complaints and has had so many problems with the game is not surprising to me. I'm having fun playing it, but it seems far less polished than the original Crysis.

gees never saw that b4 xD

the only AI bug ive seen was after the first heli battle. and they didnt encounterd, but they where standing at the docks.

WTF? it seems more polished to more then cry1, i needed to reinstal crysis 1 like 2 times for finishing the ambush level as it shoud been :@ also need to rush in the level for completing it..

and crysis 2 from begin till the end no mayor problems found. some sounds were off doh..