PDA

View Full Version : 3 mission generator missions under my belt...

Nangleator
03-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I like the fact that it's pretty close to Kursk, interface-wise. I like that clicking one soldier in a squad selects the whole squad.

I played a 'defense' mission to a draw, because the enemy couldn't find a path to the plateau I was on. They tried to outflank me, then just sat at the bottom of the hill, while the infantry followed the correct path.

I don't understand how, from the first moments of a new mission, the North Koreans are bombarding me with deadly-accurate artillery. I lose most of my infantry and a third of my crewed weapons. I even had the crew of a SP gun die off, one at a time, with no apparent damage to the vehicle.

Helicopters work nicely. I hope there's an altitude command I haven't found, because after sending them to the highest point, for scouting purposes, they don't return via nap-of-earth. That might become a problem.

There seems to be a country missing from the game. A rather large and important one, if I remember correctly.

gijas04
03-25-2011, 01:00 PM
There seems to be a country missing from the game. A rather large and important one, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, it's China but the game covers before China got involved in the conflict as I understand in 1950. It may be expansion material though and I feel leaving the Chinese Army out of Korea just doesn't do the war justice as this is what brought the war to a stalemate that exists today.