PDA

View Full Version : The ending (spoilers)

ninchilla
03-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Alright what's with the ending? I figured the moron got hit by a dose of Lechuck's voodoo magic (& therefore expired) so i loaded an earlier save but i'm forced, no matter what, to "take off his mask." This can't be the real ending of the game, can it? I mean there are dozens of unused items (the balloons/gloves) left.

Marsbergen
03-26-2011, 09:22 AM
It's a more surreal ending.

Varrok
03-29-2011, 08:40 AM
It's a real ending :) There are people who loves it and people who hates it :P And unused items are part of most old-school adventure games

monkeedude1212
03-29-2011, 09:42 AM
I love it when people say "That can't be the real ending of the game."

Dunther
03-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Well the ending should've been explained in the third episode but since Ron Gilbert left Lucasarts after the second one it will remain a mistery, like the real secret of Monkey Island.

AntiFritz
03-31-2011, 06:37 AM
Alright what's with the ending? I figured the moron got hit by a dose of Lechuck's voodoo magic (& therefore expired) so i loaded an earlier save but i'm forced, no matter what, to "take off his mask." This can't be the real ending of the game, can it? I mean there are dozens of unused items (the balloons/gloves) left.
You had to inflate the gloves and baloon to enter the elevator.

Redboy
04-05-2011, 06:43 PM
ending is very confusing...thus whole kill story or oh or that why LeChuck very jealous of his brother....

Merovign
07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
IIRC it was *sort of* explained as mostly a joke about the "it was all a dream" meme, common in poor made-for-tv movies.

I think Ron Gilbert (the creator) was mostly funnin'. He said in an interview they hadn't really planned the next game yet, but they were going to explain it in the next game - in CMI Big Whoop was a theme park where Guybrush battled LeChuck.