PDA

View Full Version : Is there split-screen co-op?

d3g2er
03-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Can anybody answer? :)

OscarJilsen
03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately no. We have not included split-screen co-op since this is a PC game and the demand for split-screen modes on the PC is very small.

craxrax
03-26-2011, 10:09 PM
I would like to contribute to that demand :p
Laptops can easily be hooked up to a big TV and played split screen. I know the demand is small, but If I see a game like that on PC, I'm buying it.

Ionic
03-26-2011, 10:30 PM
If there isn't any massive technical or design hurdles to adding splitscreen, it's definitely a good idea. It's becoming easier and easier to hook a PC up to a big TV, and now almost everybody has a controller a friend can use. And with Valve's Big Picture thing, you can guarantee they'll be looking for some unique games to promote that allow friends to play Steam games on a TV together. With splitscreen, this game could definitely fit the bill. I'll gladly add to that demand for splitscreen. Perhaps just think about it, or ask a larger community what they think.

d3g2er
03-27-2011, 02:53 AM
It's so bad :( But thanks for a fast answer!

DJ Cryotek
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately no. We have not included split-screen co-op since this is a PC game and the demand for split-screen modes on the PC is very small.
It is growing considerably (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683774). As Ionic said, there are more people using PCs on their HDTVs, and Steam will even be adding a special GUI for it. And now that 360 controllers are standard-ish, it's easier to make a default layout for them (people will whine, but feel free to blow off old normal PC controllers as they are garbage). Not crazy about controllers for first-person gaming, but it's worth it for local co-op.

But I'd work on other content first, and consider this when you're comfortable the game is where you want it to be otherwise.

AntonWestbergh
03-27-2011, 08:46 AM
It is growing considerably (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683774). As Ionic said, there are more people using PCs on their HDTVs, and Steam will even be adding a special GUI for it. And now that 360 controllers are standard-ish, it's easier to make a default layout for them (people will whine, but feel free to blow off old normal PC controllers as they are garbage). Not crazy about controllers for first-person gaming, but it's worth it for local co-op.

But I'd work on other content first, and consider this when you're comfortable the game is where you want it to be otherwise.

Split screen will probably come at a later stage, but currently we have many more important issues to handle :)

Meowthemouse
03-28-2011, 04:16 AM
I would LOVE to have split screen!

tda-danny
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
/signed for split screen.

I disagree with saying it is a minor request on the PC...

SapientWolf
03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
/signed for split screen.

I disagree with saying it is a minor request on the PC...
It's a major request to a minority of people, if that makes sense.

UE3.0 supports splitscreen natively. You can even enable it in Unreal Tournament 3.