PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Update Effects

MMTC
03-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 will receive Left 4 Dead 1 campaings but (it seems) Left 4 Dead will receive nothing from Left 4 Dead 2. That's good for gameplay experience of original Left 4 Dead. But... I think Left 4 Dead 1 need somethings... Like new effects! Left 4 Dead deserves better lighting, water, flame, explosion etc. effects, I think. So, Valve can update that effects as Left 4 Dead 2. That'll be small and good update, I think.

What are you think about it folks? :)

Jeff S.
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Too much changes need to be done to the engine for that, plus, it would throw the graphical balance of the game off.

MMTC
03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Too much changes need to be done to the engine for that, plus, it would throw the graphical balance of the game off.

I don't think so. Team Fortress 2 received that with simple update. ;)

NaturalSky
03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
The effects are fine as it is to me.

Bindal
03-27-2011, 10:30 AM
The effects are fine as it is to me.
Same here.

However, giving mappers more options wouldn't hurt at all. There are so many things out of their control or just not costumisable at all for them, which L4D2 allows to edit easily. That includes:
- more control where and when AID-spawned Tanks are allowed to spawn
- support for custom particles
- support for custom tutor-messanges

(to name only three)

and none would need a huge engine-update.

Teal_Blue
04-01-2011, 12:56 AM
:) I think getting some of the L4D2 stuff into L4D1 would be cool, i LOVE L4D1 as is, but getting the stuff from 2, even the maps for 2 would give us Bill, Francis, Zoey and Louis a bit longer. Though to be honest, i prefer the night maps better anyway, Scavenge i'm not wild about, playing No Mercy in 2 with the original crew and having the spitter get me in the alley was pure *insane*, but it made it scary again, :)

So yeah, I can see some things that could bring some interesting things to L4D1.

:)

Just my opinion though,

really,
-Teal

ban3
04-04-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't think you understand Teal, he means the effects such as improved water as well as different types of water, I would like to see more trees too, different mist types and more puddle types. More plants and especially fully functional versions of the new helicopters in L4D2. Improved explosions and rain would also be appreciated.