PDA

View Full Version : Not receiving email from Steam Guard

zealousyouth
03-26-2011, 11:26 PM
My problem is even worse. I don't get any e-mails from Steam Guard at all, and the PC that it was originally enabled on I no longer have any access to... meaning that I have been locked out of my Steam account since Tues this last week. It's now late Sat night.

Still waiting to hear from Steam Support about the ticket I filed with them. Have tried logging in over 100 times on 7 different PC's. Always says that they just sent me the code to my hotmail e-mail (which was and is verified btw). Only problem is they haven't sent me a single e-mail. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Steam. I've scoured my e-mail, inbox, spam, all other folders, searched for any messages containing the words "Steam, Guard, Support, Valve, etc." Got the automated e-mail saying I filed my support ticket in about 5 seconds after filing it. Still not a single e-mail from Steam Guard though containing the code I need to log in.

:mad:

Don't know what else to do. Doesn't seem possible to be a problem anywhere on my end or with any of my systems, as I've tried on WinXP Pro 32, Win7 64, reinstalled Steam a bunch of times, etc.

baronvongogo
03-26-2011, 11:50 PM
I had the same problem on my wifes computer she had a hotmail address verified but recieved no email.

It wasnt until I changed the email address to her Gmail one that she got a email from steam with the code to authorise the computer.

zealousyouth
03-27-2011, 12:46 AM
I had the same problem on my wifes computer she had a hotmail address verified but recieved no email.

It wasnt until I changed the email address to her Gmail one that she got a email from steam with the code to authorise the computer.

LOL. I appreciate the tip... I just tried to do the same thing on another Steam account of mine; unfortunately to change my e-mail I also need to get a code verification from Steam since my hotmail address is already verified... and lo-and-behold guess what the problem is?!?!?

You got it, when I request through Steam settings for a code so I can change the e-mail on my account, I don't get any e-mails from Steam at all! Seems the same problem I'm having with Steam Guard is also preventing me from changing my e-mail address registered with that Steam account!

On a hunch, I also tried to change my password and my secret question, just to see if it would work. I'm not getting any e-mails from the system in regard to any of these 4 requests for changes to my account.

On the other account that Steam Guard actually has me locked out of I can't change my e-mail address, because Steam Guard currently has me locked out of even logging into the account.

This seems to confirm that this problem is happening across more than one of my accounts. I'm not getting Steam "system" messages to my confirmed e-mail address on two seperate Steam Accounts! Both of these accounts had Verified e-mail addresses!

Does this help someone at Valve figure out what/where/why this is happening?

zealousyouth
03-27-2011, 12:49 AM
This issue is commonly reported by users running Raptr. If you're one of them, you'll need to check with them for a fix.

You may need to do Steam Guard authentication multiple times on the same computer if you are logging in via a web browser, or if you've ever checked the "Deauthorize all other computers now" box. Aside from those situations, it should just be once per computer, and once per computer/browser combination for the web.

I have never heard of "Raptr". I don't know what it is, and on the PC I am trying to log into I'm almost positive I don't have it installed as I am the only user on this PC. I will run a google search though and try to figure out what Raptr is and confirm that it is indeed NOT installed. Also seems unlikely that Raptr would be installed on all 7 different PC's I've tried to get into on the account I've been locked out of since Tues!

Anyways, thanks for the tips, I will stop back when I've confirmed 100% this is not causing the issue!

Update:It's definitely not "Raptr", it's not installed on any of the 7 different systems I've tried to log into this account on, and it definitely has never been installed on at least 3 of them ever (probably not any of them). I looked up what it is on google, and then I checked the "add or remove programs" tool under control panel, as well as searching the PC for it and came up with nothing.

ShaggyDK
03-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Have you to check the spam or junk folders? And, are you using the correct email/ login?

afarnsworth
03-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Contacting steam support is the best option - they should be able to see what's going wrong.

zealousyouth
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Have you to check the spam or junk folders? And, are you using the correct email/ login?

Yes, I have checked the inbox, spam, and every other folder. I have also done a search for any e-mail containing the words "steam, guard, support, valve, verification." I have never ever had any other e-mail with hotmail then the one I am checking. Also please understand that I did get the e-mail from Steam Support verifying that I had submitted a ticket within about 5 seconds of filing that ticket.

There is no other e-mail that this could be. Steam Guard is simply not sending me the e-mails with the code I need to login. I have tried logging in well in excess of 100 times since this last Tues when the problem started. There would be in excess of 100 e-mails with different codes sent to me if the system was working right.

FrostburnCS
04-02-2011, 06:03 AM
I am having the same (#&@(!$&#$ issue. It blows my mind the incompetence of steam support. I feel the need to vent this and I PRAY that nobody has the same problem that has befallen us. Day 5 of attempting to resolve the issue. I may have to just give up and buy my games again.

scarecrow007
05-29-2011, 02:16 AM
Got the same problem - BUMP for help.

whiteseed
05-29-2011, 04:47 AM
Welcome in the club. I am at day 4 still no normal support.
Day0: no support mail to the support account.
Day0-1,5: at last receive the welcome mail. Can make support account.
Day2-2,5: waiting reply for my first support messege.
Got copypasta messege. I make a reply within 30 min.
Day3-4 waiting for reply. Still nothing.

Even, i add a game key to proof of my ovnership (I add some personal data too), i still got the standard copypasta messege, to proof myself...

If its end hopefull in the near future, my first thing will be, disable that freaking steamguard...

maazzoc
05-29-2011, 04:57 AM
try sending a PM to Zach and see if he can help, worked a charm last night as i and a few others were totally borked until they assisted.

My advice. DO NOT use a hotmail.* email adress for someunknown reason their email server cant send them out. But the valve staff can.. as i got the emails within seconds of Zach assisting..

whiteseed
05-29-2011, 09:48 AM
He helped to get the steam support welcome mail.
or
He helped to get the steam guard code?

edster
06-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Hotmail auto-deletes steam emails without trace, unless it's a "safe sender."

I've found this solution to work:

1. Login to hotmail.
2. Click options (right top corner)
3. Click "Safe and blocked senders"
4. Click "Safe senders"
5. Add support@steampowered.com as safe sender.
6. Login to steam to re-send access code / retrieve lost account.
7. Check email :D

xrodney
06-27-2011, 10:18 AM

1. Login to hotmail.
4. Click "Safe senders"

Well I am another one that is not receiving any mails with access code.

And I am 100% positive that its not blocked by my mail as purchase mails or password resets coming just fine.

Its 1.5 day now since I created support ticket and still no reply to it.
For account related issue this is unacceptable. :mad:

max2
06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Wow glad I found this thread hopefully it doesn't get deleted. This is unacceptable and it seems like the solution may not work. That sucks for people with hotmail. This is why I don't use web based email services. Don't care if it works fine on gmail it should work fine on all web based email services. Not just certain ones.

xrodney
06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow glad I found this thread hopefully it doesn't get deleted. This is unacceptable and it seems like the solution may not work. That sucks for people with hotmail. This is why I don't use web based email services. Don't care if it works fine on gmail it should work fine on all web based email services. Not just certain ones.

Well for me notification about password reset or game I just bought coming fine (within few seconds) so it should not be issue with my email server.

Anyway I at least find way to get my account to working state by starting os from my old installation disk (funny hdd is only thing old rest is brand new i7-2600K), logging to steam and disabling Steam Guard. -> steam guard detection is either based on disk or OS installation.

jim67
07-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Hi guys i have as same probleme , (invitel.hu, my isp ) i send a message to support, maybe they answer soon....

Cabal84
07-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Currently I'm having exact the same issue.
This problem started first on friday, where I didn't recieve the initial email. Then I let them resend the code, and it came. Now even if I let them resend the code, it won't arrive.

So I think I will sent the support a ticket asking them what's going on...

k@zek
07-04-2011, 01:50 AM
Same thing was happening to me all weekend. But after several login attempts I finally received the email.

And now I've disabled Steam Guard. It was really irritating tbh

Master Bob
07-04-2011, 02:38 AM
I use Hotmail and I do get Steam Guard notifications.

Harvester07
07-04-2011, 03:06 AM
So is there a defined answer here?
Would like to be able to purchase a game before the sale ends. Wondering how for some reason Steam suddenly decided I'm not logged in when I try to purchase games and getting absolutely zero emails from steamguard when earlier this week it was fine.

Edit: My problem was somewhat unique I think. Since I was still able to log into steam. Just not able to purchase without being asked to log in again and then verify myself with steamguard. I disabled my steamguard and was no longer prompted to enter a security code to log in and able to purchase.

Also the other lovely part is how I immediately received the receipt email.

fitzroy_doll
07-04-2011, 03:13 AM
For me it went like this: started Steam as normal, was able to view list of games and play any of them, but the store pages - within Steam - showed me as logged out. I attempted to log in and was prompted for a code, which Steam says it sent but never arrived in my verified account.

I then restarted Steam, and in settings disabled Steam guard, restarted Steam again and was now logged into the store and my account, rather than just my account. I then re-activated Steam guard, de-authorised other computers, and then restarted Steam again, and it now shows Steam Guard as active and I am logged into both account and Steam store. I can add things to the cart but I haven't tried checking out yet.

The code email never arrived, but going through the above loops seems to negate the need for it.

jim67
07-04-2011, 03:29 AM
maybe the probleme is with steam not with my email provider ? Because about 1-1,5 month ago i got the emails..... without problem
anyway this is the biggest fail i ever seen, we have this idiot steam guard because silly 12-14 years old kids account hijacked... because they belive everything.

Valve:
Why dont you invent something better rather than this... ?

maybe this is the problem ?

"Some of the Steam servers are down at the moment. We're working on the problem and apologize for the inconvenience. "

owen99
07-04-2011, 04:45 AM
i use gmail, and am getting emails from steam when i want to change password and the like, however not getting my steam guard access code, ive already missed some of the sales on games id like to buy, is there any chance valve will sort this out before the sales end

jim67
07-04-2011, 05:19 AM
yep i missed the bioshock 2 sale...

jim67
07-04-2011, 09:33 AM
ok i recived some diagnostic form my isp and they said the problem is in valve system.... valve dont have consistent reverse DNS so my email provider BLOCK the user , and i never , NEVER GOT MY EMAIL FROM VALVE...

HERE IS THE TEST:

> [freyr@/export/home/thd] dig mx steampowered.com
>
> ; <<>> DiG 9.2.3 <<>> mx steampowered.com ;; global options: printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 59458 ;; flags: qr
> rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;steampowered.com. IN MX
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> steampowered.com. 3600 IN MX 10 mx3.valvesoftware.com.
>
> ;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
> steampowered.com. 3600 IN NS ns2.valvesoftware.com.
> steampowered.com. 3600 IN NS ns3.valvesoftware.com.
> steampowered.com. 3600 IN NS ns1.valvesoftware.com.
>
> ;; Query time: 188 msec
> ;; SERVER: 62.77.203.10#53(62.77.203.10) ;; WHEN: Mon Jul 4 14:46:44
> 2011 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 122
>
> [freyr@/export/home/thd] host mx3.valvesoftware.com
> mx3.valvesoftware.com has address 67.132.200.143
> [freyr@/export/home/thd] host 67.132.200.143
> 143.200.132.67.in-addr.arpa is an alias for
> 143.128-191.200.132.67.in-addr.arpa.
> 143.128-191.200.132.67.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
> mx3.valvesoftware.com.
> [freyr@/export/home/thd]

fitzroy_doll
07-04-2011, 09:53 AM
valve dont have consistent reverse DNS so my email provider BLOCK the user , and i never , NEVER GOT MY EMAIL FROM VALVE...

That's interesting, but I don't think that is the issue. Many people, me included, get emails confirming sales and emails confirming email changes, but do *not* get emails giving Steam Guard codes. All of these come from support@steampowered.com so why would dns problems be an issue in one case and not the other?

There is clearly a problem at Valve, but dns may not be it.

jim67
07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok problem solved :) I write to steam support , and i move to another email adress, and i got the activation code :) , now i go back to play fallout new vegas :D

Petki1
07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
I also had a problem with not receiving Steam Guard emails (all other emails even from support@steampowered.com was successfully delivered in few seconds), but in my case, problem was an antivirus - Avast 6 Home!. I only needed to disable all shields (web, mail, behavioral, script, ...) and after restart it worked, I get email with code immediate (so I think, my problem was only in fact, that Avast was blocking some functionality of Steam recognizing PC configuration or so... but there could be at leasts some user-friendly error message).

StrikEru
07-05-2011, 07:34 AM
I have this problem too,i think is because STEAM CAMP SALE...their servers may be overloaded because the steam sale...

Roby4kill
07-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Another reason why you shouldn't be using steam guard.

Same problem.

LamerGamer44
07-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Welp, here I am without a Steam Guard email, just like everyone.

I seriously hope I don't miss out on today's sales just because of this.

MellonCollie
07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Not getting any emails at all anymore. Worked fine yesterday, doesn't work today.

Demeschik
07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Got logged out because of a server crash, now that Bullcrap Guard wants the code, but I can't get it, it doesn't come to my email. I use GMail.

quickanddead
07-05-2011, 11:14 AM
without STEAM GUARD: "this suck someone stole my account and now im vac banned or my account is disabled"
with STEAM GUARD: "this suck,i dont want anything protecting my account"
well peoples..nothing to say..support is always here

StrikEru
07-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Finally,i've got the email from steam guard.

slimysquid
07-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Got logged out because of a server crash, now that Bullcrap Guard wants the code, but I can't get it, it doesn't come to my email. I use GMail.

I use gmail too and no email about stupid verification, not to mention my support ticket is collecting dust with little to no sign of them even looking at tickets.

steadshin
07-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Same problem here. Wrote to steam support a few hours ago but not heard back yet. This is so damn frustrating missing all the sales, really wanted to get Deus Ex and Monkey Island.

holdemtight
07-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I cant log in to my account either. My password that i printed out when I set up the account doesnt work, and when I try to reset it, Steam tells me that the email was sent with the verification code, but I dont get no emails. I dont have hotmail, and the mails arent landing in the spam folder either. They just arent being sent to me.

I sent a question to support, but it seems they take their sweet time responding. This really s..cks. I just bought a new game and wanted to install it, but I can't do that if I cant log into my steam account.

slimysquid
07-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Same problem here. Wrote to steam support a few hours ago but not heard back yet. This is so damn frustrating missing all the sales, really wanted to get Deus Ex and Monkey Island.

ya they need to honor these sales prices when they get it fixed since I allready lost out on the 2 games I wanted due to steam failure

brandonwh64
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Im having the same issues. I formatted my laptop and reinstalled windows, now when I log into steam it wants the guard code :(

I can log on with my desktop but when I go to steam settings, it doesn't have the option to disable the steam guard.

I put in a ticket with steam support but as I have read this thread, people have waited over 5 days before getting a human response out of the support team.

Any Ideas?

brandon75067
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I have the same problem, and I AM using hotmail.

flashburn2012
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
This is almost entirely their fault. I know multiple people using a variety of different mailing domains (including private ones), and we are all having the same issues.

Get your crap together Steam!

Yakatizma
07-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I have the same problem, and it's not my e-mail provider. I get e-mails from steam, but do not get the verification code e-mail that Steam Guard says it's sending. It obviously is not.
I WAS going to buy a couple of games that were on sale but because of this BS the prices have already gone back up.

:mad:

Malnok
07-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm having the same problem with my live email address. Still have yet to receive a response to my ticket. I don't even remember ever asking to sign up for this steam guard thing either. This is so annoying.

steadshin
07-05-2011, 03:09 PM
ya they need to honor these sales prices when they get it fixed since I allready lost out on the 2 games I wanted due to steam failure

Yeah, I don't hold out much hope of them doing it though :(

Nicespliff
07-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I had this happen to me today! I reset my router and because i'm on wierless connection I think it changes my ip. after I reset it, it sent the email!

Nick-Be
07-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Steam does it once again!

Poor planning + Poor implantation = EPIC FAIL with hundreds of customers locked out of their accounts.

Do game companies really wonder why so many people download pirated versions of games? Companies like Steam deny you access to games you legally purchased for days on end. I do not endorse game piracy but it is certainly easier than dealing with this bloody mess.

steadshin
07-05-2011, 04:15 PM
I had this happen to me today! I reset my router and because i'm on wierless connection I think it changes my ip. after I reset it, it sent the email!

Well hell, I have to try this right away!

JacobU
07-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Hi,

We are aware of an issue with receiving Steam Guard, Password Reset and Purchase invoice emails. Please be patient when waiting for these emails, they may take up to 24 hours to receive. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

If they do not come within 24 hours, please submit a support ticket and we can assist you further from there with Steam Guard and Password Reset issues.

Blarfo The Pira
07-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi,

We are aware of an issue with receiving Steam Guard emails. Please be patient when requesting a code, they may take up to 24 hours to receive. We appreciate your patience.

If the code does not come within 24 hours, please submit a support ticket and we can assist you further from there.

It's not just Steam Guard e-mails, it's all of the support ones or something. Password recovery e-mails aren't coming either.

damaged
07-05-2011, 04:46 PM
The system is not sending some purchase receipt/confirmation emails too, it seems to be skipping every other one. I opened a ticket for each occurrence.

JacobU
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, we are aware of this as well. I have updated my post.

damaged
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, we are aware of this as well. I have updated my post.

Thanks. :)

steadshin
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Just like to add, nicespliff's solution worked for me.

Thanks nicespliff! :)

brandon75067
07-05-2011, 08:46 PM
It took a long while but I finnally got an email, along with a responce to my Steam Support ticket. It basically stated that the Steam verifictaion emails were being sent slower due to the services being used more. Your email should come, it will just take longer then the stated 3 hours.

Also, you can deactivate this part of Steamguard so it doesn't happen again once you regain control of your account.

jim67
07-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Guys!

hotmail is a totaly rubish... my advice is to use another email provider (anyway gmail is the best.... ) Make a ticket at steam support and change your email... and the codes will arrive..

smallfrys
07-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Guys!

hotmail is a totaly rubish... my advice is to use another email provider (anyway gmail is the best.... ) Make a ticket at steam support and change your email... and the codes will arrive..

I use GMail and this is happening to me too, so it's not just hotmail. I checked spam and did searches. I get all receipts/purchase confirmations, so this is pretty odd. It's also stupid that Steam Guard was even activated, since all I did was move my install folder from the C:\ to D:\ and reinstall on the same PC.

EDIT: Also, I tried logging in from my phone, which I saw suggested in another thread, and which may be like the fix suggested by nicespliff, however I still did not receive the email. What's weird is that when I added the email address to my support account, I did receive the verification for that!

Oh well, it seems at least my main browser is working, so I can still buy games during the sale. I will definitely be disabling Steam Guard after this fiasco though. They need to make verification through text messages or release an authenticator app for smartphones like WoW has.

Nicespliff
07-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Just like to add, nicespliff's solution worked for me.

Thanks nicespliff! :)

No problem :D

Kingsface
07-06-2011, 03:47 AM
I have the same problem. I'm not receiving the email. In the past I would receive almost immediately.

Jomppa
07-06-2011, 03:49 AM
I have same problem, first i thing it may be wrong my email server so i let me frend log in other computer own account and wait that "steam received the verification email message", so he wait and wait but nothing come he email what is live.com mail and other frend who has gmail email and me, i hawe hot.ee email, but none we get that message. Ok, so we tested in that "Retrieve a lost account" and next to "I know my account name" and type name and wait that and its same nothing come to we emails. So we test one methot more.

"Retrieve a lost account" and next to "I don t know my account name" and next is "I remember the contact email address i used." and type our emails and wait that and suprize nothing come in we emails.
So next step:
"Retrieve a lost account" and next to "I remember the product code i used" and type ex MW2 Key in there and wait that and its same.
And we last tryng is in websteam log in that site https://store.steampowered.com/login/ and wait we "steam received the verification email message", and no subrize we dont get also that confirmation message in we emails.

And now we realized, that cannot be we mistake, it must be problem in steam email system.

But in here come question to all who has same problem? Or we are only ones who has that issues?

Date is that when it happen! 06.07.2011

linuxya
07-06-2011, 04:02 AM
I have same problem too!
I'm using hotmail and didn't receive Steam guard email,gift email anything. :(

lordax
07-06-2011, 04:10 AM
I have nothing against Steam but I hate that when I buy a game, it forces me to install it; I do have an Steam account and I did buy stuff from Steam.
However, I have to reinstall New Vegas due to my Windows disk failure but I can't install the game because Steam won't let me, excuse me, WTF? I changed Windows, heck, it's even the *same* Windows, just reformated, and your software is telling me that I'm trying to log from a different computer so that's why I have to wait for an email that never comes to some guard thing I never agreed to be on.
This is how you want to prevent piracy? You do know that you can download the torrent of the game and install it with all updates and DLC and WITHOUT steam? Just to let you know, because I'm seriously thinking of doing that since I've been trying to deal with this stupid thing for a day already and I can't install the game I bought, and no, no steam purchase, I bought a collector's edition box, so I'm really pissed that some bs third software won't let me play the game.

ksdixon
07-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Same issue with me. Hotmail, Steam Guard emails not being sent/received, but Steam Support account ones are.

nanosheep
07-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Same Problem! Thank god I'm not the only one!

Torico
07-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Me too, I love how Steam blames you for not receiving the email, when it's their crappy programming that caused it.

krafti
07-06-2011, 04:55 AM
same problem with GMX email hoster. :(
i want to play!

FireBlast
07-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Had the same issue. However I kept asking for a new code from Steam Guard and after almost one hour I got it and it works.
Anyway I submitted a ticket a while ago about the problem and now that I managed to log in I replied them redirecting to this thread. Hope this will get things solved soon. Good luck guys.

Torico
07-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Cool, just got the code, I tried about 10 times in a row and finally it worked!

krafti
07-06-2011, 05:23 AM
i get a code! jippy :!

Sofian_1
07-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Nooot getting the code at all, no matter how many times I repeat it...

smallfrys
07-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Had the same issue. However I kept asking for a new code from Steam Guard and after almost one hour I got it and it works.
Anyway I submitted a ticket a while ago about the problem and now that I managed to log in I replied them redirecting to this thread. Hope this will get things solved soon. Good luck guys.

Thanks! I tried again and 15 min later finally received one. Steam's servers must be SLOWWWWW with the sale etc. They need to upgrade and Steam Guard should be instantaneous.

bluem4gic
07-06-2011, 05:42 AM
I have the same problem no email from steam guard is being sent to my hotmail account

mrmotinjo
07-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Steam is seriously acting up. Never had this happen to me before. Steam guard has essentially left us locked out of our accounts!!!

Autocrat
07-06-2011, 05:55 AM
Bump. Having same problem.

Jomppa
07-06-2011, 05:56 AM
I Waiting that message So far! Hopefully can play some game today!
My frends waiting me common steam fix that fast!:p

Olaf16
07-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Stupid f*cking ♥♥♥♥.... I tried since 6 hours at work now to run it on my Laptop... Im still at work and cant play my f*cking games I bought yesterday from Sale. What a fcking crap! I was so happy with Valve since i bought once HL as it released 1998... And now things get worse. Gonna quit maybe with that bs. serously, binding Accs/Games etc. to some crap that doenst work than. Same as Just Cause 2. Game wont run, and the problem I have with it is known since the release and is still not fixed. And the funny part of it: The Game runs with a crack I downloaded, but not when I let it stock as I bought it? How funny. Most times its better to pirate games because its free and it works, than when you pay and doenst work and the producers give a f*ck on your problems with their products lol

watervapor
07-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Oh gosh. I am officially 1 of the victims on this thread.

Quote from the support page (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4020-ALZM-5519&l=english#newemail).

Even though Steam instantly sends an email, you may encounter a delay with some email providers depending on their server load and processing times. Please contact us if you have not received the verification email after 3 hours.

Yeah right! Instantly sends, who are you kidding?

AxoZombie
07-06-2011, 06:11 AM
same problem

using googlemail.com

was cleaning my steam folder
and didnt recived a code
luck i had the old datas in the Recycle Bin

quicksta
07-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Another victim here!

I just formatted my PC, wanted to download some games overnight AND NOW I DONT GET THE STEAM GUARD email. Tried turning off avast... no help. Please fix asap, i dont want to use EA Origin!!!

LtMatt
07-06-2011, 06:30 AM
Having the same problem. Why i oh why didnt i disable this useless steam guard crap.

Gavid
07-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Another one... tried everything. Not getting e-mails. Come on... Everything was fine 2 days ago. Or before the load of F2P people.

Gavid
07-06-2011, 06:35 AM
OK. Might have temporary solution:

Go to your Steam folder and delete your ClientRegistry.blob. Start Steam and go to your e-mail and paste a old verification code. Steam will say it will not work or it's too old.

Click NEXT instead on PREVIOUS then you should probaly have a new code arriving in your e-mail. Atleast worked for me.

calydon
07-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Having the same problem with a gmail address. Steam Guard needs to go back to the drawing board.

dcgc
07-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Having the same problem with a gmail address. Steam Guard needs to go back to the drawing board.

Same here. Formated new PC tower, now I want to play some games (some of them for the first time) anda I can't because I don't have the Steam Guard e-mail. I'm so jarateed!...

cAnAdA Ub3rn00b
07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
hotmail address, same issue here. just formatted. pain in the ♥♥♥. contacted support.

jeremy42
07-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Not receiving codes in my gmail, they're not in the trash either. Blows that I am going to miss the summer sale.

damaged
07-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Not receiving codes in my gmail, they're not in the trash either. Blows that I am going to miss the summer sale.

Couldn't you just make purchases over a browser? Go here (http://store.steampowered.com/), login (http://store.steampowered.com/login/?snr=1_4_4__11), and purchase.

cAnAdA Ub3rn00b
07-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Couldn't you just make purchases over a browser? Go here (http://store.steampowered.com/), login (http://store.steampowered.com/login/?snr=1_4_4__11), and purchase.

doesnt work. steamguard is required for the browser.

jeremy42
07-06-2011, 07:42 AM

Don't be stupid. It's happening to gmail users too, and it could happen to an email client not web-based just as easily.

damaged
07-06-2011, 07:42 AM
doesnt work. steamguard is required for the browser.

Bah, oh well.

Draco856
07-06-2011, 07:49 AM
I have almost the same problem. I can use the program, but logging in from my browser isn't working right. It's asking for the code and I haven't got any email from them. I'm not using hotmail, I'm using my AOL email, and it's never had a problem with steam before.

Tried changing my password, and got a message that it can't process my request at this time. Servers are almost definitely overloaded right now.

Sogeman
07-06-2011, 07:49 AM
I chose a great time to format my PC -.-

damaged
07-06-2011, 07:51 AM
I have almost the same problem. I can use the program, but logging in from my browser isn't working right. It's asking for the code and I haven't got any email from them. I'm not using hotmail, I'm using my AOL email, and it's never had a problem with steam before.

As someone who runs a few mail servers, I can tell you AOL is VERY hard on external emailers, they have all these hoops you have to go through, they have this feedback thing you have to become part of, they are a PITA.

As soon as your issue is straightened out, I strongly suggest you move to another email provider for Steam (like gmail).

Kingsface
07-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Whatever the cause its from steam and not from mail service providers. People are using gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, webmail, etc. and all those can't be at fault simultaneously.

damaged
07-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Whatever the cause its from steam and not from mail service providers. People are using gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, webmail, etc. and all those can't be at fault simultaneously.

Well, you have a good point, BTW, I authed a computer earlier this week, and I decided to look at the headers:

Received: from 63-234-149-76.dia.static.qwest.net ([63.234.149.76]:63512 helo=valvesoftware.com)
by wcmx2.valvesoftware.com with smtp (<redacted>)
(envelope-from <bitbucket@valvesoftware.com>)

I think I found what could be the issue in some cases, many mail servers (including the ones I run) do double reverse lookups, and verify helos, it seems someone at Valve (the domain admin) needs to change the domain records for their mail service:

host wcmx2.valvesoftware.com
wcmx2.valvesoftware.com has address 72.165.61.135

..and they helo as valvesoftware.com

host valvesoftware.com
valvesoftware.com has address 63.228.223.100

It seems they are violating some 'rules' when it comes to sending email, as some want the helo to not be 'fake'.

host 72.165.61.135
135.61.165.72.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer 72-165-61-135.dia.static.qwest.net.
135.61.165.72.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer wcmx2.valvesoftware.com.

Some mailers may only see the first entry 72-165-61-135.dia.static.qwest.net, half the time, and reject because they do not match the reverse lookup and vice versa.

IMO, they need to ditch the 72-165-61-135.dia.static.qwest.net record, and use wcmx2.valvesoftware.com as their helo, this may help some cases.

mrmotinjo
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
After 3 hours and dozens of times trying to log in, I finally received a code from steam guard. Definitely not my day.

ksdixon
07-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Finally! Just tried it and got in.
I hope I never have to reformat my PC again, good-god!

crorens
07-06-2011, 08:20 AM
ok maybe this helps.
i went to change my email adress and i got the code for doing that, and then i got the code for steamguard. BUT they were the SAME. so if you got the first email but not the second try that code you got for changing email adress.
its a long shot but maybe it works for someone

Draco856
07-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Well, I just realized that when I installed a new addon for Firefox it put my browser into a private session meaning no cookies were saved at all. After taking it out of the private session I tried logging in again and got my code 2 seconds after. So it turned out that it was a problem on my end with no cookies at all, even from trusted sites like Steam that caused my problem. Which would explain why I could log in using the application, but not my browser.

Kingsface
07-06-2011, 08:36 AM
It's worth trying now. I requested it again and got it in less than a min.

dcgc
07-06-2011, 08:45 AM
It's worth trying now. I requested it again and got it in less than a min.

Still nothing here. I'm gonna miss the sale, fuuuuuuuu-...

EDIT: It worked.

Sogeman
07-06-2011, 08:53 AM
tried again, now it works. Finally.

brandonb56
07-06-2011, 11:36 AM
same problem with gmail

just recived it after 20mins

DoctorFrag
07-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Although Valve have acknowledged the problem their end, there is something to watch for if you're using Hotmail.

Your Hotmail account has a Junk folder, which is where all spam-like email gets moved to upon arrival. But there's also a blocked senders list, which will delete emails outright. So it's not enough to check your Junk folder.

You can check it by clicking Options, More Options, Safe and Blocked Senders, Blocked Senders. Look for steampowered.com on the list, and remove it if it's there.

mhgges
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
stil havet got my password reset e-mail I've been tried for 6 hours now

ps i have yahoo

DeagleTM
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
You will receive hard, idk why, I received it after 10 tries I think :D

CaspersVeil
07-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Go to your Steam folder and delete your ClientRegistry.blob. Start Steam and go to your e-mail and paste a old verification code. Steam will say it will not work or it's too old.

Click NEXT instead on PREVIOUS then you should probaly have a new code arriving in your e-mail. Atleast worked for me.

Did this and now i have access........

1, Delete ClientRegistry.blob (copy it to desktop before you delete just to be sure)

2, Paste old Verification code.

3, Change password, answer question and restart Steam

Steam should update and ask you to sign in, use the new password and you should be back up and running.

+1rep to Gavid for this workaround.

damaged
07-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Yeah if you're missing purchase confirmation emails, don't bother creating a ticket, they just send a copy/paste telling you they are sorry, and to look in your account in Steam to see the purchase.

mhgges
07-07-2011, 05:17 AM
i finally got the mail but i got the "What did customer support last reset your passphrase" to Secret question what the hell the reason send for the rest password is because i can`t remember it

December Man
07-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I have the same problem. Tried to resend the email a couple of times and sent a ticket. Awaiting answer.

peteed1985
07-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Great I upgrade my PC and loose access to my 150 game steam account cause steam fails.............................................

Optus email account here

Fix ur crap...

mhgges
07-07-2011, 09:26 AM
yer tell about it

calydon
07-08-2011, 01:31 AM

Ok after contacting support I finally (now over 48 hours since I contacted them) got a code in the email.

So what, their system is so slow it can't process all the requests?

Hyphon
07-08-2011, 02:32 AM
ha ha ha... wrote them to on Wed.

Solution: Changing my Password and my security question AND SENDING THIS TO MY EMAIL WHICH DOESNT WORK!!! *BIGFAIL*

Shapa
07-08-2011, 03:29 AM
Gotta love this. Click on retrive account, enter account name-> does not exists. Yeah right.
Click on I don't know my account name, enter email, receive email, your account name is :
YEah, blank, way to go!
Click on enter product code, enter Brink key -> nothing.
All systems failing, I must say well done guys...

December Man
07-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Still locked out of my own account. They sent me an email telling me that my email address has been verified. Well no sh*t Sherlock, it had to be to active Guard.

jim67
07-14-2011, 06:25 AM
creat a gmail account the send a ticket to suppport , and switch for the new gmail.... and all off the mails will arrive

banjo21
07-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Same problem here.
Logged on for first time in a while to checkout TF2. Asked about a code for Access. Go to email and no code. Write to Steam Support and a week later still no code.
This is a complete surprise tbh, my expectation on service from this organisation was far in excess of what I am now seeing.
Funny the payment system seems to always work first time and rather efficiently - just appears the support systems aren't quite as effective. Weird that.

zealousyouth
07-31-2011, 09:40 PM

1. Login to hotmail.
4. Click "Safe senders"

This is a post with good info for some people. Thanks for your reply / effort helping us resolve this issue. Unfortunately this is not the issue I am having. I have that e-mail listed as a safe sender in hotmail, and I also have a steam account with a gmail address, which also has that e-mail in it's safe list. Unfortunately the e-mails were not being generated or sent out from Steam or Steam support at all, the problem was not my e-mail, it was Steam's!

zealousyouth
07-31-2011, 09:44 PM

I can recreate this problem with more than one Steam account, and they all have different e-mails, one hotmail, one gmail, one comcast... this issue is NOT the end users e-mail that is creating the problem, it's Steam's system of sending out the verification codes, for some reason, Steam is not generating the verification code e-mails at all!!

zealousyouth
07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
It took a long while but I finnally got an email, along with a responce to my Steam Support ticket. It basically stated that the Steam verifictaion emails were being sent slower due to the services being used more. Your email should come, it will just take longer then the stated 3 hours.

Also, you can deactivate this part of Steamguard so it doesn't happen again once you regain control of your account.

ha ha ha. I wish mate, it seems your problem is a different one from mine, and many other users, because I have waited days upon days, and still no e-mails from Steam Guard. Other e-mails from steam support come in fine.

zealousyouth
07-31-2011, 10:04 PM

Not getting a single e-mail or single code from steam guard to start with.... been DAYS... (not hours, DAYS, quickly approaching weeks now)...

Viz79
08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Er okay so its been a few weeks since the last post, I reinstalled Steam not realising this issue and I am not getting any Steam Guard emails. Ive emailed Steam Support but no one has responded to the ticket and its almost 24 hours!

Very disappointed, it should be coming to my private email and everything else works, just not Steam Guard.

Viz79
08-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Three more days - I have recieved a generic response from Steam Admin and Ive sent them proof of purchase info they need to give me access back to my account just because their code won't arrive.

And still no response on my ticket. So thats days without access to my account (of which I know the username and password already) for no reason! Can any steam admin here help please?

Viz79
08-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Sigh nothing is working - I have received emails from Steam Guard before earlier this year but just nowt now and I havent changed any settings, isnt in junk mail etc.

I just wish Steam Support would respond faster as I have provided them the Paypal purchase info they wanted. They asked me for it on Wednesday and I provided it on the same day. Now its Sunday and nothing?

Vlahka
09-07-2011, 12:01 AM
I had the same problem today. For some reason hotmail had decided all on its own to stick steam related emails into my blocked list. Never had any problems in the past so lord knows what made it do this. Recommend you double check your hotmails blocked list and go through it slowly. I decided to add support@steampowered.com into my safe group for fun and thats when it told me it was in my blocked list.

Pilkis
07-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Same problem please help me guyyzz... Send me this code.

supersonicracer
02-24-2014, 02:34 PM
having the same prob.

I sent THIS to support a week ago.

I have a huge problem with steam. Last night, I logged out of steam to reduce lag on my computer. The next morning, I logged into steam. However this time, i found a text box saying: "Login to steam failed. Either the account doesn't exist or the password was wrong."

I was confused. I clicked "Retrieve a lost account" on the steam login menu. I clicked "I know my username." And entered my steam name. Steam then said, "We have sent a verification code to the address you provided."

I checked my email, but found no code. I checked spam, nothing.

Then i looked even More. Still, nothing. But, i DID find an email from the day before whence i logged out. It read:

"This email message confirms that your Steam account contact email address has been successfully changed.
We are sending this notice to ensure the privacy and security of your Steam account. If you authorized this change, no further action is necessary. If you did not authorize this change, or if you need additional help with your account, please follow this link to the Steam Support site and submit a request for assistance: "

My heart sank there. I didn't change my email for steam. If i did, i checked my second email which i use commonly. No emails from steam were there. No "Thanks for your purchase" emails...

I checked profiles on steam to see if i still was there. I was. My inventory is still there. So what happened?

So i resorted to this.

I have proof of purchase for my steam account:

---------------------------------------------
and from there i provided proof of purchase. They just don't care.

starfyredragon
07-14-2014, 02:23 AM
Had this problem, it was an easy fix.

Windows firewall was blocking it. Steps to fix:

1: Windows Start Menu
2: Type/Run Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (can also get to it via control panel)
3. Inbound rules (left side)
4. New rule (right side)
5. Add Program
6. Navigate to Steam
7. Allow Steam everywhere like crazy

Repeat for Outbound rules

Then it works like magic.

Not steam's fault. Window's fault. :P
In my experience, if there's a problem, nine times out of ten, it's Microsoft's fault.