PDA

View Full Version : -=Ivan=- & Jack Carver [KF]WeaponPack

Jack-Carver
03-27-2011, 02:56 PM
KillingFloor Weapon Pack
Latest version: White V1

As I saw that people here are interested in more wepons and such stuff I thought I'll open this thread here.
These weapons actually have a good chance for whitelisting if they're balanced correctly (according to TWI). At the moment we think that the balancing is fine but if you might find something that needs improvement just post it ;)!
Allright have fun! :)
The KillingFloor Weapon Pack adds 5 new high quality weapons to KillingFloor:

* H&K MK23
* Dual H&K MK23
* Horzine M7A3
* Barrett M99
* FN Fal

Media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWprT55hSCI&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgDiRo4JZdU&feature=player_embedded

Download (http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=91/)

Leon021851
03-27-2011, 09:23 PM
sweet thanks for links

Chewychucky
03-28-2011, 01:45 AM
The M7A3 looks like an awesome (and much needed) additition to the medic's arsenal. Not too sure about the MK23 and Barett though...they look like very well done skins for the HC and XBow respectively. How do their stats differ?

Bindal
03-28-2011, 02:02 AM
The M7A3 looks like an awesome (and much needed) additition to the medic's arsenal. Not too sure about the MK23 and Barett though...they look like very well done skins for the HC and XBow respectively. How do their stats differ?
MK23
12 rounds (24 dual), lower damage, higher rate of fire, 3 blocks weight. The middleground of the 9mm and HC.
M99 - 1/24 shots, higher damage than the XBow with higher penetration but very heavy (13 blocks) and low ammo. If the XBow is a 9mm, the M99 would be a HC (or rather a MK23 :P)

Mr. Pyro
03-28-2011, 10:55 AM
The M99 is too weak to be that heavy. I have the beta pack and I have testet the M99 a lot because it's a funny gun. You run a lot slower when you are holding it, it got next too no ammo and it's useless vs fps and scrakes on hard and up.

So if you wanna make this gun any use at all give it more dmg or something, as it is now it's only good at taking out lines of weaker zeds and then why not just get the xbow which is lighter, and then get a scar as back up? it's a lot more use for the team than a heave gun that makes the user fall behind in a run for it an he is alsow helpless on higher dificulties with only a m9 as back up.

The other guns are really nice, i love how the M7A3 is not totaly op because of it's high recoil and slow fire rate.

TWo MK23 can easly clean a hall of enemis if you can aim with it and it is a over all good gun.

So I really hoppe something is done to the M99 and that i will see thees guns hitting the game in not to long.

Andy M. J.
03-28-2011, 11:16 AM
This is great. I'll definitely try 'em out.

EDIT: If you buy the Dual MK23, you can still buy the single MK23, making you able to carry a total of three MK23's. Though, this is only if you purchase the dual first, without having the single. If you buy the single MK23, THEN the dual, you will not be able to buy another single MK23.

Chewychucky
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
MK23
12 rounds (24 dual), lower damage, higher rate of fire, 3 blocks weight. The middleground of the 9mm and HC.
M99 - 1/24 shots, higher damage than the XBow with higher penetration but very heavy (13 blocks) and low ammo. If the XBow is a 9mm, the M99 would be a HC (or rather a MK23 :P)

Appreciate the information. I guessed the MK23s were middle-of-the-line handguns because of how they're portrayed as more powerful than a 9mm but less than a deagle in most shooters they appear in. I like the idea of them because as far as new weapons are concerned I've always felt that more comprimises and varieties would be welcome instead of brand new bullet-spewing-hell-bazookas.

I thought the XBow had infinite penetration, well the fact that I haven't noticed probably means that the extra penetration won't have a noticeable impact on gameplay (keep in mind I haven't actually used the guns and may be completely wrong).

@ Mr. Pyro When using the guns in the beta pack, do any of them take into account perk bonuses. Because if they don't then the M99 would fire a lot faster and be a lot more damaging than it is in the beta. If the beta does take into account perks, then I agree that a weapon that sacrifices a back up and a lot of ammunition for very high damage should actually do very high damage.

Mr. Pyro
03-29-2011, 07:38 AM
@ Mr. Pyro When using the guns in the beta pack, do any of them take into account perk bonuses. Because if they don't then the M99 would fire a lot faster and be a lot more damaging than it is in the beta. If the beta does take into account perks, then I agree that a weapon that sacrifices a back up and a lot of ammunition for very high damage should actually do very high damage.

No since this is a mutator atm you have no perk bonuses, so i don't know how good it is with my lvl 6 sharp, but since i can kill a scrake on 6 man hoe with it in 3 shots i don't think it will be to under powerd.

What I'm thinking about is that is still pritty useless since how long can you surive with only a m9 as back up? The m9 eats ammo and it don't have a lot of power so i would say not for a long time. So why use one op gun with no back up when you can use an almost as op gun but with a powerfull back up? Now ofc i don't know if the m99 can one shot a fp on hoe with a lvl 6 sharp using it but I hardly think so.. it uses 4 headshots on hard to kill one... and 8 or so on hoe (lvl 0 perk).

I am working on a vid showing the ups and downs of the m99 and I will post it here when I'm done. Dunno how long it will take since I'm a litle busy with school atm but i hoppe it will be sone. Of course everything in the vid is tested with a lvl 0 since it is black listed and because i don't fell like downloading a cracked verson of kf just to try m99 as lvl 6. =)

Chewychucky
03-29-2011, 09:40 AM
What I'm thinking about is that is still pritty useless since how long can you surive with only a m9 as back up? The m9 eats ammo and it don't have a lot of power so i would say not for a long time. So why use one op gun with no back up when you can use an almost as op gun but with a powerfull back up? Now ofc i don't know if the m99 can one shot a fp on hoe with a lvl 6 sharp using it but I hardly think so.. it uses 4 headshots on hard to kill one... and 8 or so on hoe (lvl 0 perk).

To me, the m9 seems like the L.A.W. for Sharpshooters, very high weight, no available backup, little ammo, hugely powerful. And considering that many Demos successfully use the LAW/pipebomb combo (with only a 9mm for backup) I'm willing to believe the m9 could work.

Although until it's testable with perks on, that's very hard to predict.

Vulkans
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
You should be able to use the perk replacement mutator to get a proper feel of how the weapons handle at higher levels.

Mr. Pyro
03-30-2011, 06:37 AM
You should be able to use the perk replacement mutator to get a proper feel of how the weapons handle at higher levels.

Think you can post a link for that? would be really nice to get the full felling of the m99 =)

Vulkans
03-30-2011, 07:01 AM
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=37067

Towards the bottom of the first post.

Mr. Pyro
04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
YEY, after what i can see these guns are now withlisted! I can use them on solo with my perks and i still gain "xp" =D

Bindal
04-02-2011, 09:30 AM
YEY, after what i can see these guns are now withlisted! I can use them on solo with my perks and i still gain "xp" =D
Grey-listed muts let you gain EXP - but you loose it as soon as you quit. And it's listed as greylisted in that link (which is up-to-date)

Mr. Pyro
04-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Grey-listed muts let you gain EXP - but you loose it as soon as you quit. And it's listed as greylisted in that link (which is up-to-date)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =(

Jack-Carver
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Allright Beta V 5.1 finally has been released.
Main changes: FN Fal and some Bug-fixes ;)

Bindal
05-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Nice one, hopefully one of the next version adds the ability to use perk-boni with the weapons (and also I hope for an increase in the price of some weapons. Mainly the M99 and the M7 so that their current prices are going to be the one Lv6-medics/sharpies get on those weapons respectively). And the MK23 could benefit from Commando-boni, at least the mag-size as weapon-specific (if any class)

Also, I don't think there is a real need for the FN Fal. I mean, the other weapons somehow filled a niece but the FN Fal seems just to do the same as the AK, just with a different look - that isn't really something we need. But I'll check that out in-game next.

Jack-Carver
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Well the prices have been fixed and the perking works with Marcos Server Perks.
Btw its nice to have a variety of weapons to chose from and I can't think of any real world weapon, which would be totaly different to all the others.
I just like to have many weapons and don't really care about how different they are. Alos we mainly add these weapons to the game, which we would like to have ingame.
The Fal is a bit like the scar but a bit different. In a nutshell it's a cheap Scar with some damage changes and so on.
I don't know why the KF community in general just doesn't like more weapons but I just think that there can't be too many :)
And that CoD hate just is funny too: If a weapon was in CoD then everyone hates it lol :confused:
CoD almost has every weapon you can think of but that's no reason to hate them in other games ;)

Anyways have fun with these weapons :)

Bindal
05-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Well, if the weapons are too similar, it would be simply pointless to have basicly the same weapon twice - that's why KF-players dislike them as by now, every weapon is very different from the others in some way or another.

Also, it seems the Fal isn't working as I can't find it in the store AT ALL. MK23 single and dual, M7 and M99 are there (even the M99 still uses the M14-Icon) but the Fal is not.
And the M7 is with 450 Pounds PERKLESS way too cheap - 4500 would be more like it, maybe even more so the off would give only the medics the chance to buy it in the first place.
Same for the M99 - 570 pounds without any discount by perks. Isn't it supposed to be a counterpart of the crossbow?

yo-yo
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Love the weapon ideas how ever I will not be downloading these due to them being gray listed. How ever TW should look @ your ideas for weapons as I love them.

slicendice777
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
So...
If I use this on a server that doesn't have it whitelisted, while I get kicked or something?
Never really used mods or anything for these kinda games.

Jack-Carver
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, if the weapons are too similar, it would be simply pointless to have basicly the same weapon twice - that's why KF-players dislike them as by now, every weapon is very different from the others in some way or another.

Also, it seems the Fal isn't working as I can't find it in the store AT ALL. MK23 single and dual, M7 and M99 are there (even the M99 still uses the M14-Icon) but the Fal is not.
And the M7 is with 450 Pounds PERKLESS way too cheap - 4500 would be more like it, maybe even more so the off would give only the medics the chance to buy it in the first place.
Same for the M99 - 570 pounds without any discount by perks. Isn't it supposed to be a counterpart of the crossbow?

Well the fal is there but i dont want to argue as this seems to go into a wrong direction. Also you have to use Marcos server perks and our perk enhancer.
I've been playing KF since 2006 and actually never saw it as a "tactical" game where you just search for game mechanics and calculate around with the health of the ZEDs...
Anyways I play the game for fun and adding more weapons is fun. And it's up to you to play with these weapons or not. ;)

Zoridium JackL
05-10-2011, 04:39 PM
So...
If I use this on a server that doesn't have it whitelisted, while I get kicked or something?
Never really used mods or anything for these kinda games.

no, because it would have to be server side for it to be there, if the server doesn't have it it won't be there.

Jack-Carver
05-10-2011, 04:43 PM
no, because it would have to be server side for it to be there, if the server doesn't have it it won't be there.

Yep you can install it without riscing anything. :)

slicendice777
05-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Yep you can install it without riscing anything. :)

Great, now to figure out what server to go on, and how to get on...

Frenzied Scout
05-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Very nice, I love the sniper rifle.

Do you take requests :)

M202A1 FLASH (FLame ASsault SHoulder weapon) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFU7o3IAaM)
(RE reference NOT CoD)

Weak but large AoE + burn damage with an arcing projectile.
Weight 10, but very expensive for non firebugs (so he can carry his MAC10)
(A modified Dbl barrel shotgun code would work for the following, trust me I know:cool:)
Primary fire launches a single rocket. (2.2 sec between shots)
Secondary fire launches all 4 (or just 2) in rapid succession. (0.45 sec between each individual shot and must have 4 in clip)
Reloading always adds 4 rockets to the clip, no matter how many were previously there.
Use the husks fireball explosion, the flame nade explosion looks akward if not on flat ground.

This would really make my day, heck my whole year...A new way to make things burn and a better reason to yell "BURN BABY BURN" into the mic.

Jack-Carver
05-11-2011, 05:11 AM
Great, now to figure out what server to go on, and how to get on...
You'll find the Server list on this page (http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=91)

M202A1 FLASH (FLame ASsault SHoulder weapon) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFU7o3IAaM)
(RE reference NOT CoD)

(A modified Dbl barrel shotgun code would work for the following, trust me I know:cool:)
Secondary fire launches all 4 (or just 2) in rapid succession. (0.45 sec between each individual shot and must have 4 in clip)
Reloading always adds 4 rockets to the clip, no matter how many were previously there.
Use the husks fireball explosion, the flame nade explosion looks akward if not on flat ground.

This would really make my day, heck my whole year...A new way to make things burn and a better reason to yell "BURN BABY BURN" into the mic.

Hmm sounds fun :D. We'll consider it as it's not too hard to make but it has to be balanced and shouldn't destroy the games current mechanics as this would make it impossible to get to the whitelist.

yo-yo
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM

(RE reference NOT CoD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlIy7vLmfho

Frenzied Scout
05-11-2011, 11:14 AM
^ WIN

I threw a quick demo of what I meant, notice the FP and scrakes would still roll over the firebug. I havent bothered with multiple fire modes and accurate ammo counts etc.

BURN BABY BURN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ6lpasbTJM) (Forgive the bad quality and my flagrant use of cheats and my own unreleased map, special thanks to the incendiary mod author (I wont be giving the modified code out))

Abyssio
05-11-2011, 08:08 PM
You guys rock!

I am very curious which rifle inspire the M7A design. It's cool you have a commando variant for the M7A but i feel it could use a different optical sight (or just plain ironsight) to make it more distinguishable from the medic variant.

yo-yo
05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
^ WIN

Thanks could not help my self being an old RE fan (Was 4 years old when it came out).

Also have you guys thought of even taking these guns and making them Skins so we can play on white listed maps while having the looks of these weapons?

Jack-Carver
05-14-2011, 09:17 AM
We could make a skin version and submit it for whitelisting.
We might consider this.

bryantjkd
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Dear Jack and Ivan,
Please can you make a mod with this weapon:
http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg/
There are many Youtube videos on it even though it is not for sale yet. It would make a nice step between the regular shotgun and the hunting shotgun with its 15 shot capacity with a draw back of a short barrel and semi-auto action. Any thoughts on it as a added weapon in the future?

slicendice777
05-14-2011, 01:18 PM

(RE reference NOT CoD)

So THATS where the TF2 black box model is from...

yo-yo
05-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Dear Jack and Ivan,
There are many Youtube videos on it even though it is not for sale yet. It would make a nice step between the regular shotgun and the hunting shotgun with its 15 shot capacity with a draw back of a short barrel and semi-auto action. Any thoughts on it as a added weapon in the future?

Could be a skin to replace the AA-12.

Jack-Carver
05-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Dear Jack and Ivan,

Yep. We already wanted to make that quite some time ago. So it has a good chance of getting implemented.

Jack-Carver
07-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Good News!!

The Weaponpack has been whitelisted!
You can download the latest version here:
http://www.ijcdevelopment.de/