PDA

View Full Version : Claim your Steam key

vonklaude
03-28-2011, 02:16 AM
I am very pleased to announce that players who purchased Fate of the World via www.fateoftheworld.net (or who do so in future) can now claim their Steam keys at http://drm.fateoftheworld.net/steam. You'll need your game serial code to do so.

:cool:

Lyrandon
03-28-2011, 04:25 AM
Great, thank you very much.

TurinTuramba
03-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Excellent. Thanks!

amishmonster
03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Works like a charm. Thank you!

Galebourn
04-11-2011, 01:52 PM
What if I buy it from D2D? Will this key work?

Teodosio
04-13-2011, 01:44 PM
What if I buy it from D2D? Will this key work?
quoted, I am curious too

Leeksoup
04-24-2011, 05:32 AM
Hey, so, I bought the game through jayisgames.com (which used bmtmicro for a payment system) and I can't register with Steam. Which is a problem, because I'd like to get the new patch, and I can't. Any suggestions?

Iselwin
04-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Hey, so, I bought the game through jayisgames.com (which used bmtmicro for a payment system) and I can't register with Steam. Which is a problem, because I'd like to get the new patch, and I can't. Any suggestions?

http://drm.fateoftheworld.net/steam

Leeksoup
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
http://drm.fateoftheworld.net/steam

Very helpful, but I don't know my CD key. They never gave one to me, they just sent me an email with a link to download the game after I'd bought it.

Iselwin
04-25-2011, 02:54 AM
Very helpful, but I don't know my CD key. They never gave one to me, they just sent me an email with a link to download the game after I'd bought it.

It's not a CD key, it's your game key, which should be provided in a BMT micro letter you've been sent.

I don't know whether it's the same key that's used for activating your game, but you might give it a shot - after you've run game at least once, check the

"C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\fotw\settings.cfg"

and grab the string from

licence=<The code>

alexanderpas
07-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Could you please update the FAQ, point 2 under Technical questions still states:

2. If I buy the game on your site, will I need to buy it again to play it on Steam?

Yes, the purchases are not linked, so if you want to play the game on Steam, please do buy it on Steam or add it as a Non-Steam game.which is obviously incorrect as you can now get a steam key.

syrene
11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
I hadn't bought this game yet (I'm backlogged on games that I've purchased and haven't yet had a chance to play, much less look at.)

GamersGate however had it on sale and I finally couldn't pass it up (unfortunately it now becomes another in the stack). It appears that I made the incorrect assumption that I would be able to use that key and activate it on Steam.

I used the raw key that they gave me, I tried the http://drm.fateoftheworld.net/steam site provided below and I also tried pulling the license/code from the settings.cfg file and that didn't work on Steam itself or at the conversion URL supplied.

If a purchase from GamersGate isn't supposed to be transferred, so be it, it doesn't make the game any less fun.

If I'm doing something wrong, some help as to what I'm supposed to do would be extremely appreciated.

Either way, thanks for your help,

Syrene

bjbeam2
12-22-2011, 07:21 PM
You don't get a game serial code key if you purchase it and download it from FoTW website which uses BMT Micro.

QuintSakugarne
12-24-2011, 03:21 PM
So...does this mean that GamersGate purchases of Fate of the World cannot be activated here on Steam?

vonklaude
02-01-2012, 06:40 AM
So...does this mean that GamersGate purchases of Fate of the World cannot be activated here on Steam?

I will ask Gamers Gate today if they are happy for us to do this for you. If they are, we will do it.

UK_John
03-16-2012, 06:04 PM
I pre-ordered the Beta version. Die to a crash I had to re-download. I was entitled to get the soundtrack, extra cards and the pdf science guide. I never got them. What do i do? Bit annoyed as I see them on sale now as DLC!

rr_sam
03-21-2012, 08:33 AM
I pre-ordered the Beta version. Die to a crash I had to re-download. I was entitled to get the soundtrack, extra cards and the pdf science guide. I never got them. What do i do? Bit annoyed as I see them on sale now as DLC!

Drop us a line at support@red-redemption.com and we'll send you the download details again.

perles75
07-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Some time ago I bought the game via fateoftheworld, played it a bit on my PC (with version 1.0.8) then got the steam key and had no problems.
Now I bought the upgrade to Tipping point, again through fateoftheworld, but how can I get it on steam? I actually thought it was automatic, but instead I could download just the .msi files that of course I cannot install locally, and I didn't get any serial code...

thanks in advance for the help!