PDA

View Full Version : Great game

Imperitus
03-28-2011, 07:46 AM
I just wanted to throw my hat into the feedback mix. This is a great game. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

As someone who has worked on games myself I fully understand the limitations of budget that kept the voice acting out of it. It's really a shame as I think that could have pushed this game up to another level. I hope that you guys do well enough with this one to secure the ability to do more and maybe fix that in Kaptain Brawe 2. :)

kspes
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
@Imperitus: Thanks for the kind words!

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

ninestories
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I was just browsing the Steam demos and happened upon this forum. It is so nice to see such positive comments floating around instead of mindless criticism. Having a developer join the discussion is icing on the cake!

My thanks to everyone for their praise and encouragement of smaller studios like Cateia Games.

@kspes, you should have a Steam forum moderator bump you over to a developer account. Your participation in these threads encouraged me to purchase the game, if only to show my support. :)

kspes
04-20-2011, 03:44 AM
@ninestories: thanks for your support! I'll contact steam to up my account, never got around to it..

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

Craig234
10-16-2011, 01:31 PM
I like to support good games like this. The 68 metacritic almost killed my getting this one, but the user comments changed that.

I usually like metacritic, but think ther emight be a bias against some older style games.

I'm not at all sure I'll mind the lack of voice acting - it might be an improvement. So, I'm going to pick it up.

zoinks99
10-16-2011, 01:47 PM
I usually like metacritic, but think ther emight be a bias against some older style games.Metacritic doesn't review games, they just aggregate review scores given by others. In this case it looks like they only found four published reviews of the game... since they use a simple average, the one bad review skewed the ranking of the game unfairly.

IMHO Metacritic should switch to using the median or something. It especially hurts in a case like this where the game is not as widely reviewed.

Totalitator
10-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I consider it a feature that there is no voice acting. Most of the time voice talent in games is terrible and detracts from the game. The newer Monkey Island games are for me killed by the terrible and incessant voice acting. I much prefer the text and the voices I can imagine in my own head.

zoinks99
10-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Pfff. I bet you read "books" too.

Kradath
10-17-2011, 12:58 AM
We need Zapp Brannigan's voice actor Billy West.

simhay
10-17-2011, 01:14 AM
I looked at the metacritic score and nearly bailed, but after reading these posts I've decided to pick the game up. (I write sci-fi comedy novels and there's little enough in that genre!)

kspes
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
@Kradath: lol, everyone says Kaptain Brawe should have Zapp's voice :D
---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

held
12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I finished it today, bought it on the Mac App Store. I had fun with it, the story kept me playing and it didn't bother me that this version has no voice. I liked the art design. Very good old school adventure. I hope you make another game, maybe a sequel, soon.

kalirion
01-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Just finished it. Pretty good game, but a couple things really bothered me.

1. Luna's face and posture just look too fake, like a doll. (nice job on her "walking away" animation though :) )

2.Why did that machine explode instead of creating strong-willed pacifists?

kalirion
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM
@Kradath: lol, everyone says Kaptain Brawe should have Zapp's voice :D

Or The Tick's :)

zoinks99
01-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Or The Tick's :)
Animated (Townsend Coleman) or live-action (Patrick Warburton)? They both seem workable to me.

kalirion
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Animated (Townsend Coleman) or live-action (Patrick Warburton)? They both seem workable to me.

Yup, either one would be fine :)

kspes
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Yup, either one would be fine :)

LOL, good ideas :)

---
Krešimir Špes
Cateia Games

Koden02
03-06-2012, 07:39 PM
This brings up a good point, have you ever considered making DLC or something that offers voice acting? And for that matter ever consider having a casting call for internet voice actors [since they'd be cheaper] to try out for roles?

kalirion
03-07-2012, 07:17 AM
This brings up a good point, have you ever considered making DLC or something that offers voice acting? And for that matter ever consider having a casting call for internet voice actors [since they'd be cheaper] to try out for roles?

At this point, it would be too late. And Voice Acting DLC will not be received well in any case. DLC is supposed to be content, anything less would be received exceptionally poorly.

Are there any plans for a sequel though?

Koden02
03-08-2012, 05:48 AM
At this point, it would be too late. And Voice Acting DLC will not be received well in any case. DLC is supposed to be content, anything less would be received exceptionally poorly.

I may be showing my age here, but I think back in the day it wasn't unknown for a game to get an expansion that just added voices to the mix, hell, could add a little extra content as well. Just throwing in my two cents.

realoldgamer
08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
I like to support good games like this. The 68 metacritic almost killed my getting this one, but the user comments changed that.

Me too. It really is sad how we let metacritic brainwash us into not trying new things unless they score 80 or above.

I actually put off on trying The Secret World because of the low score, glad I didn't. Just like Kaptain Brawe, it was unjustly reviewed.