PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 Pirates play online 4 Free?

sarojz
03-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Wow did anybody see this (http://www.dasreviews.com/das-game-news/crysis-2-pirates-play-online/)? I can't believe this is even happening in light of the fact that legit users paid on average $59.99.

Broken89
03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
So what was in the leaked beta that isn't in the full game?

DarthSatoris
03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, they pay nothing and we shell out. At least I support the company and can play without feeling guilty. :)

Kinddemon
03-28-2011, 06:10 PM
If EA would've swallowed their pride (if they even have any) and went with steam this wouldn't be an issue. I just got off of a server with 3 such players all using cheats. one was running at about 300 miles an hour, the other was perma invis while firing.

I've been defending this game.. but now I'm pretty fed up.

Magnetic85
03-28-2011, 06:13 PM
For $60 I got a low quality game I even don't want to play. So pirates are doing right not buying it, because the game is way too overpriced. And also they are not supporting the company that cheated PC users, which is also a good thing.

Irritated Skin
03-28-2011, 06:14 PM
It's annoying that pirates are allowed to play online. I can't imagine that cheaters will hang out for long though. Especially once the next big game is released. Also, I doubt that the average price paid for Crysis 2 is $59.99, there were a lot of deals that brought it closer to $50 and some even for $45.

therealwillie
03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
@kinddemon the hacking is starting to get out of control, 4 times i noticed cheaters today, the last game i played in had a guy flying around the map while invisible. needs a fix asap but something tells me i'll be waiting, a looong time

DAPPZ
03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
i paid for the game but i dont really care about pirates playing it for free i say good on em its not worth the money anyway
only thing that fuks me off is lag glitches and cheaters that it has plenty of!

BlackOps101
03-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Figures, the game was worth the purchase though...

THE Nakedgun
03-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Try it yourself simpley emove your ckey then generate a random 1 using the same format a mixture of letters and numbers.
They probablty wont need to release a ptach to solve this, I expect it can be done on the gamespy authenticaton servers or something.

Yaya gamespy

Kydar
03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Meh, the same happened with Borderlands, since both use gamespy pirates can play for free :(

J_rod999
03-28-2011, 06:56 PM
You don't buy a game to get more features. You do it because you know its the right thing to do.

Irritated Skin
03-28-2011, 06:57 PM
i paid for the game but i dont really care about pirates playing it for free i say good on em its not worth the money anyway

Crysis 2 is a luxury item. No one is forcing you to play the game. If you don't like what the people who worked hard, investing both time and money, want to charge for the game isn't an excuse to steal it. There are plenty of <$10 games out there if $60 is too much money.

baneat
03-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Just reminds me of those pr*cks at restaurants that complain about the food and demand a refund because they say it tastes horrible, but they eat it anyway.

Don't think it's worth what they're charging? don't buy it. It's categorical.

TheCheshire
03-28-2011, 07:13 PM
You don't buy a game to get more features. You do it because you know its the right thing to do.

You buy it because you think, as it's advertised, that it's a working product. Silly us..

NaOHSpree
03-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, they pay nothing and we shell out. At least I support the company and can play without feeling guilty. :)

This. +rep

They're the excuse we get from Publishers and Developers, that decide to give us console ports (not talking about Crysis 2 here) and crappy community support from most devs.

HorseRotorvator
03-28-2011, 07:15 PM
This. +rep

They're the excuse we get from Publishers and Developers, that decide to give us console ports (not talking about Crysis 2 here) and crappy community support from most devs.

Sucker.

Niji89
03-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Apparently you don't even have to use numbers and letters, just numbers haha.

and the MP is hacked already, oh dear Crytek.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1814135

Magnetic85
03-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Crysis 2 is a luxury item. No one is forcing you to play the game. If you don't like what the people who worked hard, investing both time and money, want to charge for the game isn't an excuse to steal it. There are plenty of <$10 games out there if $60 is too much money.
If someone wouldn't buy a game in either case (with pirating or not) and he pirates the game, no one looses money, so there is no stealing. Or someone pirates to check out the game and to decide whether to buy it if it is good enough. If he doesn't buy it because it is bad, there is not stealing also. As for $60 - definite overprice for low quality game as Crysis 2 is, so any kind of pirating is justified in this case.

leburn98
03-28-2011, 08:16 PM
The hacking is horrible, ruined a game I was enjoying. Going to buy it for the PS3 and hope to get some honest matches in before they flood that too.

Rhylin
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Do you honestly believe the people who pirate games buy the same game lol.... lies.

themires
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Just reminds me of those pr*cks at restaurants that complain about the food and demand a refund because they say it tastes horrible, but they eat it anyway.

You say that but if you paid for a burrito and you got a plate full of leeches would you eat it?

Lavalampdrinker
03-28-2011, 08:39 PM
After all, for being a free game Crysis 2 is the best free game ever :D

runtheplacered
03-28-2011, 08:40 PM
You say that but if you paid for a burrito and you got a plate full of leeches would you eat it?

Not only is that a bad metaphor.. it's also completely ridiculous.

runtheplacered
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM

You think a pirate would feel guilty? Why would you assume that?

DAPPZ
03-28-2011, 08:55 PM
of course i know no ones forcing me to play it and its not that the game costs to much at all lol it just would have been nice to spend my hard worked for cash on a working game with all the features as advertised
i really cant be asked to get into the whole pirate debate
the bottom line is some people pirate some dont deal with it its not gonna change

Don't think it's worth what they're charging? don't buy it. It's categorical. ur comment just reminds me of how reta*ded people are in the world i did think it was worth it till i bought it! after that its to late even if you hate it you cant return it and cryteks given you the middle finger laughing
if i pirated it and didnt like it id delete it noones lost out savy
i might even change my mind and be happy again if they hurry up and bring the patch out

richei
03-28-2011, 08:58 PM
If EA would've swallowed their pride (if they even have any) and went with steam this wouldn't be an issue. I just got off of a server with 3 such players all using cheats. one was running at about 300 miles an hour, the other was perma invis while firing.

I've been defending this game.. but now I'm pretty fed up.

yea i've seen those. we can thank valve's inability to ban anyone. They moved from homefront to here :( (not that homefront is any good).

DAPPZ
03-28-2011, 08:58 PM
You say that but if you paid for a burrito and you got a plate full of leeches would you eat it?well said!

richei
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by themires
Nope, i'd sue the company/person for everything they have, including the leeches.

xxm4ch1nexx
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM

I thought luxury items were supposed to work? and I seriously doubt that porting a console game is hard work I consider it LAZINESS

xxm4ch1nexx
03-28-2011, 09:26 PM

I bet your one of those people who are too afraid to stick up for themselves.

So I take it your more than happy too be spoon fed ♥♥♥♥!

xxm4ch1nexx
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
There are plenty of <$10 games out there if $60 is too much money.

The sad thing is the $10 games might actually work and last a bit longer and actually be made for the pc!

Starwaster
03-29-2011, 08:44 AM

Are they cooked leeches? I think that's the key.

LobsterMts
03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
this is not the first time it happened with gamespy.
remember flatout 2 anyone?

hookwurm
03-29-2011, 10:57 AM
borderlands was the same way as well. i really wish game companies would stop using gamespy. it works worth a crap to actually find games and there seems to be absolutly no security in it whatsoever.

OilBurn
03-29-2011, 01:27 PM

Yes, support a company that doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about you.

As for feeling guilty, I seriously doubt that, they're probably walking around with a trollface smile.

gtavictor
03-29-2011, 01:36 PM
This is a real problem actually, when playing in multiplayer, many players admit they don't have an original copy but a pirated copy, and to connect to multiplayer they just register an account and type any key combination, and voila!!! they are playing multiplayer for free too!!!

BC2 Cypher
03-29-2011, 01:38 PM
lol it's almost like they want people to pirate their game.

First the Beta leak now this.

baneat
03-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I bet your one of those people who are too afraid to stick up for themselves.

So I take it your more than happy too be spoon fed ♥♥♥♥!

Your ad hominem is completely irrelevant, if you don't like the food they serve and you want a refund, fine. don't eat the entire f*cking dish *then* complain, that's freeloading. I can assume you didn't actually read the full post.

TwwIX
03-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Enough with the idiotic food analogies, ffs.

Anyway. This is just further proof that not much effort or thought went into the development of the PC version. Crytek has no one but themselves to blame.

gtavictor
03-29-2011, 02:15 PM
This is just further proof that not much effort or thought went into the development of the PC version. Crytek has no one but themselves to blame.

Totally agree with you, F#CK CRYTEK AND EA!!! They crapped real hard this time with crysis 2, serious pc gamers were expecting different, a great deal of this game!!!

Jaheebus
03-29-2011, 02:23 PM

^ this!

Evantaur
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrgggh!

gtavictor
03-29-2011, 02:51 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrgggh!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!:eek:: eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::o:o:o:o:o

NePaS
03-29-2011, 03:29 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/w6zg9v.jpg

richei
03-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, support a company that doesn't give a ♥♥♥♥ about you.

As for feeling guilty, I seriously doubt that, they're probably walking around with a trollface smile.

That smile will go away fast when the next patch comes out and they can't play at all.

H4wkeye998
03-29-2011, 04:42 PM

When I look at you, I know why we have to deal with ♥♥♥♥ty ♥♥♥♥ing dumbed down console ports on PC. As long as there is people like you, gaming companies will continue to shell out crappy 60$ games for the mindless people to buy. This is a matter of actually using your brain and common sense, which you seem to lack both. My common says tells me that my 60$ are not worth for this game and therefore, I'll stay clear of it.