PDA

View Full Version : The Female Robot's Synthesizes voice - hurts my brain

BoViking
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure why, but the synthesize somehow hurts my brain. I'm not talking about what she said, no.

What I mean is that the synthesize of the voice kinda vibrates my brain in a very weird way so that it almost becomes painful to hear.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

AlteredGenesys
03-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, that doesn't sound too good. All I could suggest is muting or turning down the voice, if possible, though I understand that may not be what you'd want to do.

I'll follow this up to the Devs and see if anything can be arranged.

SethOMEGA
03-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure why, but the synthesize somehow hurts my brain. I'm not talking about what she said, no.

What I mean is that the synthesize of the voice kinda vibrates my brain in a very weird way so that it almost becomes painful to hear.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

I wasn't going to comment about it myself because A) it's subtle enough to shrug off, and B) there's a convenient mute function specifically for "her". However, I actually enjoy the voice, and being that I'm completely new to the game, her tips, albeit base-level, are still useful to me.

Consider this a subtle nod in agreement with the OP, regardless of the fact that it can be shut off if it becomes a real problem.

Validuz
03-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Well, that doesn't sound too good.

GLAdOS?

BoViking
03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Well, that doesn't sound too good. All I could suggest is muting or turning down the voice, if possible, though I understand that may not be what you'd want to do.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply!

If you have any more questions about my problems with the voice, don't be afraid to ask. I'd be glad to help :)

AlteredGenesys
03-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Validuz- You caught me. Are you happy now? ;_;

BoViking- You're welcome. Any extra info may be helpful - Feel free to say what you need :)

spyrochaete
03-30-2011, 02:48 PM
I really don't like the voice. I actively dislike it. It makes me cringe. I'm very thankful there's a toggle in the menu but you still hear it in the narration.

Trancua
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
I don't particularly dislike Helix or her voice, in fact I like her. But I do dislike the fact that she tends to drone on and on about the story and stuff that nobody cares about...
Maybe it's because I don't like overlord-like characters in games telling you everything you need to know (Darkest of Days)... It bores me and I find it a little unnecessary.
But I suppose it's unavoidable in this game, since it takes place in a ship, you're bound to spend the most of your time listening to an encyclopedia to learn more about the universe, instead of going out into the world and talking with villagers and whatnot.