PDA

View Full Version : Q1 ends tomorrow.

TheDeathDarkly
03-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Is there an official revisal yet?

Fox_McCloud
03-30-2011, 04:39 PM
I think we can assume May at the earliest.

Thomp
03-30-2011, 11:18 PM
nah i'm feeling mid april on this one because they did only say minor delays.

and also by saying this it might hurry them up! :D

johnnyr
03-31-2011, 07:42 AM
nah i'm feeling mid april on this one because they did only say minor delays.

and also by saying this it might hurry them up! :D

Don't be naive. We are looking at a fall release if they can even manage to make that.

This game is going to bomb because they've already pissed off most of their following with these ridiculous non-updates and delays.

Unless pre-orders start soon, I'm afraid no one is going to care about this game in 6 months when BF3 is out.

Fox_McCloud
03-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Don't be naive. We are looking at a fall release if they can even manage to make that.

This game is going to bomb because they've already jarateed off most of their following with these ridiculous non-updates and delays.

Unless pre-orders start soon, I'm afraid no one is going to care about this game in 6 months when BF3 is out.

This, if they release now they can do a Killing Floor where they will always have a base of 1,000 players.

If it gets released in Autumn then noone will buy it next to COD and BF3. I wouldn't mind if they released the beta for a discount so we could help with it then release the full game later.

Thomp
03-31-2011, 09:55 AM

This game is going to bomb because they've already jarateed off most of their following with these ridiculous non-updates and delays.

alright calm it, can't hurt to be optimistic in these hard times

juicebox360
03-31-2011, 06:00 PM
"Available: September 2011" (http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710)

I feel...very sad.

EnterHavoc
03-31-2011, 09:35 PM

I feel...very sad.

For me it says October 2011, but I wouldnt take those release dates for anything official; it's been changed so many times now.

Thomp
04-01-2011, 08:30 AM

I feel...very sad.

This has ruined my day :'(

Silverfell
04-01-2011, 11:05 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1818370

Apologies for the delay in the announcement - Nuclear Dawn is coming out a little later than originally anticipated, and it's all for one simple reason: it's not the game of our vision yet.

We would not dream of trying to release something that we would not have fun playing ourselves. We took stock of the game so far, looked into tweaking it until it's a product we're proud of, and then decided to take a little time to make it truly, unequivocably GOOD.

You'll enjoy, you'll see.

johnnyr
04-02-2011, 10:03 PM
alright calm it, can't hurt to be optimistic in these hard times

Hate to say I told you so, but yeah. Also lol @ still no vehicles at release. WTF are you devs doing?

Orange Ninja
04-03-2011, 03:01 AM
...Also lol @ still no vehicles at release. WTF are you devs doing?

They are making a game that happens to not have any vehicles. :)

TheDeathDarkly
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1818370

Apologies for the delay in the announcement - Nuclear Dawn is coming out a little later than originally anticipated, and it's all for one simple reason: it's not the game of our vision yet.

We would not dream of trying to release something that we would not have fun playing ourselves. We took stock of the game so far, looked into tweaking it until it's a product we're proud of, and then decided to take a little time to make it truly, unequivocably GOOD.

You'll enjoy, you'll see.

Do what you need to. And don't pay any attention to the whining, especially mine. I've been waiting for this game for who knows how many years now, and I'd much rather wait longer than to see it fail. A bad game released will be bad forever. A good game late is still a good game.

The RTSFPS genre itself is twisted. Valve themselves couldn't manage it with TF2, they gave up, so don't be discouraged when it's hard. Nobody has really pulled it off yet, thus the mechanics are new. There is no "quake." There is no "golden standard" to rely upon. So it's hard.

I still look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Achillies
05-16-2011, 04:40 AM
Do what you need to. And don't pay any attention to the whining, especially mine. I've been waiting for this game for who knows how many years now, and I'd much rather wait longer than to see it fail. A bad game released will be bad forever. A good game late is still a good game.

The RTSFPS genre itself is twisted. Valve themselves couldn't manage it with TF2, they gave up, so don't be discouraged when it's hard. Nobody has really pulled it off yet, thus the mechanics are new. There is no "quake." There is no "golden standard" to rely upon. So it's hard.

I still look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Did you just say that Valve gave up on TF2?

juicebox360
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Did you just say that Valve gave up on TF2?

He probably means the pre-cartoony version of TF2. It was supposed to be an FPS-RTS mash-up complete with many new additions like map-embedded code (a little like Vscripts today). I guess you could say it was way ahead of its time - Valve eventually scrapped that path and moved on to greener pastures, aka Hat Simulator 2.

Team Fortress 2: Brotherhood of Arms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6d59xvzm30)
as well as Team Fortress 2 (Invasion) (http://teamfortress.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Fortress_2_(Invasion))

Silverfell
05-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I'll have you know there are visionaries at Valve who planned to extend the hat collection thing into a full-on hat and jockstrap matching game, complete with realistic junk mechanics.

These banana hammock prophets are simply not being allowed to express their true genius, that is all.

Dojab
05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Are banana hammock prophets allowed to express their genius in ND? :D

Or still not revealing customization options at this time?

Silverfell
05-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Alas, my pleas to introduce customized, chromed designs on the Exo's armour codpieces have fallen on deaf ears.

Players will be able to customize their weapons with various accessories that may or may not carry visual enhancements. For example, upgrades that increase precision will carry different sights and acogs, while magazine enhancements won't.

The Commander has a special, snazzy armour on (cosmetic only, so don't think you're bulletproof just because you look awesome).

We are still considering customization options for other classes - it's a tempting idea, but if we're to follow in the footsteps of Team Fortress 2, we'd prefer the 'wagonloads of sales' stage, before the 'collect hats by playing other games' stage.

Iconoclast XVII
05-18-2011, 07:08 AM
As for customization, is it going to generic shooter route (only one attachment, because for some reason an under-barrel mount, scope, and silencer cannot all be on the same gun at once) or the Crysis/Brink route (multiple different parts of the gun to customize with multiple things for each)?

Dojab
05-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Alas, my pleas to introduce customized, chromed designs on the Exo's armour codpieces have fallen on deaf ears.

Players will be able to customize their weapons with various accessories that may or may not carry visual enhancements. For example, upgrades that increase precision will carry different sights and acogs, while magazine enhancements won't.

The Commander has a special, snazzy armour on (cosmetic only, so don't think you're bulletproof just because you look awesome).

We are still considering customization options for other classes - it's a tempting idea, but if we're to follow in the footsteps of Team Fortress 2, we'd prefer the 'wagonloads of sales' stage, before the 'collect hats by playing other games' stage.

That is really too bad... Exo armored codpieces coulda been the Teddy Roosbelt of ND :(

Weapon customization sounds like fun though ^^

So that's how we'll know who to shoot :eek:

I hope you don't skip the step that lets the options drop :)

Nutter666
05-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Why does the commander get special armour he shouldn't be out of his chair :(

Me: hey commander can I get an artillery strike on these defences?

Commander: No lol cos I'm behind you :D

Me: D:

Unless you are saying the commander can do commanding stuff on the fly? :O

FlyingMongoose
05-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Because the commander CAN leave his chair; for instance, attempting to delegate a defensive party to protect your base before trying to move forward, but your squad you tell to do this doesn't follow through, so the commander has to stock up with a sniper rifle and pick off what he can while the idiots who moved forward against orders come back before the entire primary base is destroyed....just saying.

Dojab
05-19-2011, 09:45 PM
I completely imagined an Exosuit painted to look like overalls are over it on a Commander yelling at enemies to get off his lawn.

EnterHavoc
05-22-2011, 09:20 AM
I completely imagined an Exosuit painted to look like overalls are over it on a Commander yelling at enemies to get off his lawn.

Commander needs a broom or rake IMO.