PDA

View Full Version : About the system requirements...

Dead Toast
03-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I know they haven't been released yet... but i was wondering if you guys think i will need windows 7 in order to run Brink? I really want to preorder Brink and everything but if i buy it and then can't play it i will be frustrated.
Thanks!

Joeji
03-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Why would you NEED it? I'm sure Vista or even XP would run it just fine.

I have vista and i'm not worried at all about having problems running it. I can run crysis 2 maxed out and I have a dual core 2.5ghz with a 9800GTX. I'm sure if you are anywhere in my area of PC components you shouldn't have a problem.

Dead Toast
03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Well games like Just Cause 2 and the upcoming Battlefield 3 require you to have windows 7. Thanks for the info though!

Joeji
03-31-2011, 12:46 AM
Battlefield 3 does not require you to have win7, it supports vista as well. It's DX10 and 11 only, it will not be playable on XP, as for Just Cause 2 I have a buddy who plays it on vista as well, Brink should be no different. It also should support XP, unless they decide to drop it, and if they did i'm sure we would have known months before hand.

frontline
03-31-2011, 02:50 AM
OS requirements are largely dependent on the game engine and aspects like the base DirectX code. DX9 based games will run on XP fine, anything based on DX10/DX11 will require Vista as a minimum. Brink uses an OpenGL based engine, which should run ok on XP and Vista as well as Windows 7.

ZernoK
03-31-2011, 06:01 AM
idtech4, so you can probably run it from xp and up to win7.

Parliamentarian
03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Why would you NEED it?

DirectX 11.

Centy
03-31-2011, 04:56 PM
I know they haven't been released yet... but i was wondering if you guys think i will need windows 7 in order to run Brink? I really want to preorder Brink and everything but if i buy it and then can't play it i will be frustrated.
Thanks!

Well it's using id tech 4 so grab the Quake Wars demo if you can run that good chance you'll be able to run Brink. It will probably feature some newer graphical features but ETQW is probably a good baseline.