PDA

View Full Version : Nanosuit Reboot?

Scynix
03-31-2011, 12:16 AM
Has anyone actually -done- the nanosuit reboot?
Can you tell me what it does, besides what it just claims to do?
I've seen several reports that it wipes your stats, despite it claiming it won't.

I just hit rank 50 and I don't want to reboot if I'm going to lose all my stats.

luqa1337
03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
you shoud do it ;) its fun.

kaukassus1
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
it replaces the nanosuit OS, with Mac OSX

Scynix
03-31-2011, 12:27 AM
You're both hilarious. I'm ranked #1 in Wins, which is like the only leader board not filled with cheaters. The only person I can find who did a nanosuit reboot lost their stats completely.

It's a prestige reboot but.. holy crud, if it does things like resets your modules to level 1... yeah, no. Air stomp is hard enough to level once.

luqa1337
03-31-2011, 12:28 AM
You're both hilarious. I'm ranked #1 in Wins, which is like the only leader board not filled with cheaters. The only person I can find who did a nanosuit reboot lost their stats completely.

It's a prestige reboot but.. holy crud, if it does things like resets your modules to level 1... yeah, no. Air stomp is hard enough to level once.

its a challange :P and its fun.

Scynix
03-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I don't think you've rebooted your nanosuit. Judging from your forum trolling I think you haven't even been playing it. :P

luqa1337
03-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I don't think you've rebooted your nanosuit. Judging from your forum trolling I think you haven't even been playing it. :P

forum trolling..

ive rebooted past week already and my friend too.

but ive got beter news for now; im getting my rig bk in few hours.

Scynix
03-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah, and yet you don't have any idea what happens when you reboot.
Thanks. It's really helpful.
Despite your lack of help, I hope you have fun wit your rig, for whatever reason you didn't have it.

BoomSlang
03-31-2011, 12:47 AM
Thought I would enjoy it in MW but hated it. I'll pass once I get there. My ♥♥♥♥ resets on its own occasionally anyway.

Scynix
03-31-2011, 12:50 AM
Haha, yeah, that's true. I lost count of the number of ranks I lost as I climbed to 50.

richei
03-31-2011, 01:07 AM
ok, so basically its prestiging? which just shows which people have no life at all :) to many cheaters in here for me to loose what i've had to work for. its not even close to being worth the trouble.

Scynix
03-31-2011, 01:21 AM
I guess? I'm not really sure what prestiging exactly is to be honest.
Crysis 2 is the first FPS I've played with this kind of unlock system.
Spent my spring break playing it. Wasn't that hard to get to rank 50, but leveling up a couple of the modules was a real pain, and if it wipes it all out + my statistics...

I spoke with EA support a few minutes ago, despite knowing that they're an outsource, and even they warned me that the nanosuit reboot could very likely reset ALL stats due to bugs.

Oi.

luqa1337
03-31-2011, 01:24 AM
ok, so basically its prestiging? which just shows which people have no life at all :) to many cheaters in here for me to loose what i've had to work for. its not even close to being worth the trouble.

hehe its just as prestige mode ;)

richei
03-31-2011, 01:26 AM
its from call of duty. in basic terms, you're starting completely over for no gain at all. you loose all your weapons, attachments and progress. changed abit in blackops. i did it because i was incredibly board with the game and its really, really easy to do. takes me about a week to prestige if i play a few hours each night. don't plan on playing that game any more though, just as many cheaters and no recourse.

Scynix
03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
I've heard you get .. skins? Or something. But of course I can't confirm anything. Luqa claims he's rebooted but, obviously he's not being of any help at all.

richei
03-31-2011, 01:34 AM
I just find it really hard to believe that someone has hit 50 in less than 2 weeks. Here's to hoping those stats will be reset * raises pitcher*

Scynix
03-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Well, I hit rank 50, but I also have... hoo boy.. 2 days? worth of game-play time. I'm ranked first on the Wins leader board. I actually created the "Crysis 2 Ranked Players" group here on steam to help people get games going before they "fixed" the starting issues.

But yeah, I can pretty much guarantee they won't reset the stats. I can't even think of an FPS ... ever doing that, that didn't already set an established "We reset every x time frame" kind of system. I'm forgetting the word for it at the moment. Seasons I guess you'd say. Crytek isn't even commenting about all the cheating going on at this point. I was in the top 10 for experience gain, then three or four days ago people with 2 billion experience and 10 minutes played started piling to the top.

richei
03-31-2011, 01:48 AM
how do you hit 50 in 2 days? that's playing all day long for both days, or getting 10-20 thousand points a round.

They're already resetting stats. and yes they have commented on the cheating, it was on facebook yesterday.

Scynix
03-31-2011, 01:52 AM
No, you're misunderstanding what I mean.
2 days *play time*. 48 hours of *actual play*. It took since launch day to last night for me to get to Rank 50. Between Spring break and vacation time from work, it was pretty easy.
But yeah, 48 hours of play time is actually longer than they claimed it would take the average player to reach rank 50. They quoted 30 to 40 hours.
On my days off I was playing basically from when I wake up to when I go to sleep. Plus, I don't sleep much because of medical issues. So yeah, I've basically lived Cry2 for the past week or so.

Hm, I never saw that comment. They've been posting all their comments on mycrysis.com and they haven't said anything about the cheating.

My group even posted a video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kQUjQgPi0&feature=feedlik

This was taken last night over the course of.. four games, I think. I have a heaping pile more, too. I don't see this being salvagable, but I'm crossing my fingers.

richei
03-31-2011, 02:15 AM
guess i misread, anyways, here's the link from facebook about the cheating - http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FfLg9SF&h=d49c0 (http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/cheating)

its nothing more than a sentance or 2 saying that they know about it. to me, it says that while we know about it, there's nothing we can do about it.

MSTRB
03-31-2011, 03:27 AM
Rank 50 already? You need to do more with your vacation time sir :D

tooki100
03-31-2011, 05:12 AM
ok so I couldn't find what the Reboot does...you if google doesn't have the answer your SOL....

Found some info
"I reached the end of Level 50 online, & there was a 'Nanosuit Reboot' option, It resets everything & you start over (Like prestige in CoD). So im guessing thats what the OP could be talking about."

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/crysis-2/100093-plz-help-2.html

tooki100
03-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Ok So I did find and answer from a Q&A
http://www.zimbio.com/Gamers+Buzz,+News+and+Tips/articles/s_HzfEae30a/Exclusive+Crysis+2+Q+A

"
12. What will the ranking system, if any, be like?

During the time you spend in Multiplayer you will level up your Nanosuit constantly. Once you reach level 50, you’ll have the option to ‘reboot’ your Nanosuit and start back at Level 1 for more prestige, better gear and cooler dogtags. All in all you’ll be allowed to reboot your Nanosuit five times. What makes the progression really great is that we reward you experience based on your style of play, split into three categories. This allows you to unlock modules, weapons, etc. in ways that reflect your playstyle rather than being rewarded with items you may not necessary want or use"

mostly like COD's system

Bioshare
03-31-2011, 07:41 AM
you’ll have the option to ‘reboot’ your Nanosuit and start back at Level 1 for more prestige, better gear and cooler dogtags.

So what I want to know is.. what weapons/gear are they talkin bout there...

tooki100
03-31-2011, 08:15 AM
IDK yet couldn't really fine more info than that @ this point

richei
03-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Ok So I did find and answer from a Q&A
http://www.zimbio.com/Gamers+Buzz,+News+and+Tips/articles/s_HzfEae30a/Exclusive+Crysis+2+Q+A

"
12. What will the ranking system, if any, be like?

During the time you spend in Multiplayer you will level up your Nanosuit constantly. Once you reach level 50, you’ll have the option to ‘reboot’ your Nanosuit and start back at Level 1 for more prestige, better gear and cooler dogtags. All in all you’ll be allowed to reboot your Nanosuit five times. What makes the progression really great is that we reward you experience based on your style of play, split into three categories. This allows you to unlock modules, weapons, etc. in ways that reflect your playstyle rather than being rewarded with items you may not necessary want or use"

mostly like COD's system

so i was right, its another useless thing they added. i guess i'll do it if i get bored enough.

wolfe...
03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
I can confirm you get skins. My buddy Mefe4r just did it and he got a "cell" skin for the scar. Don't know if the skins can be used for other weapons yet, as the scar was all he could use when he first rebooted. I think he said his perks were all still leveled up, however, I am not 100% on that. I can at least confirm skins and that it closes off guns you've unlocked and such, but I'm not sure if all that reopened at lvl6(.2) or whatever.

M1lkIVI4ster
03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
I've rebooted. You get "Cell" weapon skin for all guns (I think), well most of them anyways. Its like a white-snowy-digital camo, and you get "born again" dog tag. Every single thing is reseted, but not leaderboard stats. (Unless you suffer from the rank bug.)

Redtide
03-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Is there anything from CoD MW2/Blackops they missed copying in this game? Prestige is dumb enough as it is without more games copying it blindly.

NaOHSpree
03-31-2011, 07:13 PM

It doesn't mean people have no life, they might actually be dedicating more of their time to the game than other things :)

Is there anything from CoD MW2/Blackops they missed copying in this game? Prestige is dumb enough as it is without more games copying it blindly.

Yeah, Crysis 2 is a future CoD: perks, killstreaks, prestige mode, create-a-class, challenges, levels. There aren't any original games anymore in these days.

SΛM
04-02-2011, 04:59 PM
it replaces the nanosuit OS, with Mac OSX

Oh, that slaps me on the knee. :D