PDA

View Full Version : Dont waste your money on this game

preddk
03-31-2011, 01:37 AM
This game is NOT the 49,99 worth
the menu is buggy even setting up the joystick did go fubar
sound effect sux major hell i would have been happy with thees old mono sound effects from ww2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlG2Ed6Jpr4
Gfx is a big FAIL no need to burp out more about this
theres gonna be allot more crying on the forums later on like
no sli crossfire support only have 2 fps or something like that
oh and if you where looking for a great looking game sorry dude
no real eye-candy just a makeover game from 2001

so think of this and keep track on the forum before u blow your money away on another ubisoft hacked game:mad:

WaZzUp115
03-31-2011, 01:43 AM
I have faith in the devs that it will get better, but there's no real reason to buy at release..

Simmox
03-31-2011, 02:35 AM
actually SLI/Crossfire is supported,they just broke it is all
as is multicore support
anyone following this game ,would know UBi pressured the release
Oleg stated numerous times it wasnt ready
IL2 Sturmovik had the same issues at launch
these guys still support it after 6 years or more,this game will get the same treatment.

ok dude

JuiceRabbit
03-31-2011, 03:19 AM
At the moment this game is a waste of money!

Even on lowest settings, and no AA/AF and Anti Epilepsy Filter OFF it's a stuttering mess.

Shame on UBISoft for releasing it in this state!

Just freaking unbelievable!!!

Q6600, 4GB, GTX460 1GB.

edit: I gave Wings Of Prey another try to see how it compares to COD. Well WOP has amazing graphics, great sound and the performance is silky smooth with no stuttering! How can WOP graphics performance be so good and yet COD be so bad? I'll say it again, COD is an absolute disgrace!

Fix COD FAST!!!

Toaster87
03-31-2011, 03:28 AM
The Russian version had a patch released last night and according to the people who have it the performance is much much better.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19801

Oh yea the reason people have bought the Russian version is because it was out before anywhere else and it was/is only 8 lol.

JuiceRabbit
03-31-2011, 03:35 AM
The Russian version had a patch released last night and according to the people who have it the performance is much much better.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19801

Oh yea the reason people have bought the Russian version is because it was out before anywhere else and it was/is only 8 lol.

Yes 1.00.13820. It's what Steam purchasers have already (at least I do). A stuttering mess even with low graphics settings!

Toaster87
03-31-2011, 03:37 AM
I cant imaging what it would have been like for you before that patch then lol.

WaZzUp115
03-31-2011, 04:01 AM
This game is even worse than my initial expectations..
Probably because my specs are are almost below minimum..

But there are more issues than just performance, the menu's look horrible and are slow and buggy.

Oh well, see you guys in 3-6 months! :>

atom5
03-31-2011, 04:37 AM
Oleg Madox is a legend, and all his magnificent (small) team have front row seats at my wedding or funeral, whichever comes first! Thanks guys, you've given me 9 years of Il-2, a game I play just about every day. Storm of War/ Cliffs of Dover I have watched so closely for so long now in development, rumor after rumor, I nearly peed myself when EB listed it as being released. I ordered 3 copies (2 for my bros as well). After trying to load the game for the last two days, I finally got to see with my own eyes 30 minutes of the game. I had 20 or more game crashes, conflicts, problems, and frustration! What happened to my beautiful game?!?!??? What happened?!?? Where did it go so wrong?! I have to take all three copies back to EB...you have no idea how difficult this will be, I feel like I've been left at the alter, while the bride has left with the best man. Where's my beautiful Cliffs of Dover...my pretty little game? Could somebody, (Microsoft) employ Oleg's team to finish what is possibly the most beautifully mathematically written game engine in the world, stick MFS is your crevis, it's terrible. I would have paid a $1000 for a copy of COD I can play without the tears. For all those people out there that can't cough up the cash to pay for the game, you're to blame, you pathetic little turds, pirates are pimply little pusstules that need to have your ♥♥♥♥♥♥s punched in. It's a sad day. I can't believe that when I was 6 years old I used to run around the neighbourhood with a Spitfire made of paper having the best time, I have a library full of books on aircraft now, and I believe that in human history, fighting to the death in combat aircraft to be the most bizarrrr, horrifying and addictive behaviour in our time. Vortices streaming off the wing tips in a knife-edge turn at zero feet, climbing into a split roll, and decend upon your foes like the dark lord decends upon rotting souls! Anyway... I've lived with seven different and beautiful women in my time, COD came so close to being number eight, my poor poor game.....my Russian team, I salute you, your the best...I don't want to take the games back, I really really don't.

mcilrain
03-31-2011, 04:42 AM
edit: I gave Wings Of Prey another try to see how it compares to COD. Well WOP has amazing graphics, great sound and the performance is silky smooth with no stuttering! How can WOP graphics performance be so good and yet COD be so bad? I'll say it again, COD is an absolute disgrace!

WoP has a lot less going on underneath the graphics, it's "dumber" than the original IL2, a simpler flight model and almost no damage model (no need to load up the assets to handle damaged parts of the aircraft, or calculate the physics of a bullet interacting with the aircraft's hardware), with much smaller maps.

I don't mean this as an argument against the problems you mentioned with CoD, I'm just saying WoP isn't a very good comparison.

I expect that this game will experience performance improvements from patches (flightsim developers don't abandon their games as badly as consolefps devs), or not, I dunno.

atom5
03-31-2011, 04:46 AM
...oh, and the word that was sensored with the love hearts in the previous post was vege-henas, hahahaha!

Red Scent
03-31-2011, 04:53 AM
...oh, and the word that was sensored with the love hearts in the previous post was vege-henas, hahahaha!

Don't worry about it mate - I'm sure the lack of paragraphs making it look like a compressed block of text will have the same effect on most as it did on me... and they won't read it ;)

atom5
03-31-2011, 04:53 AM
WoP has a lot less going on underneath the graphics, it's "dumber" than the original IL2, a simpler flight model and almost no damage model (no need to load up the assets to handle damaged parts of the aircraft, or calculate the physics of a bullet interacting with the aircraft's hardware), with much smaller maps.

I don't mean this as an argument against the problems you mentioned with CoD, I'm just saying WoP isn't a very good comparison.

I expect that this game will experience performance improvements from patches (flightsim developers don't abandon their games as badly as consolefps devs), or not, I dunno.

COD, you can jump into a vehicle and punch away with anti-aircraft weapons, the detail is mind bending and is close to first person shooter stuff. The comment 'it's dumber' is accurate, COD will set your thighs alight...when polished game is released one day, there will be no need to leave the house, stay at home, trap your own food etc

atom5
03-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Don't worry about it mate - I'm sure the lack of paragraphs making it look like a compressed block of text will have the same effect on most as it did on me... and they won't read it ;)

It wasn't meant to be read really, I just needed to write it down before I take the game back:):(

Red Scent
03-31-2011, 05:00 AM
It wasn't meant to be read really, I just needed to write it down before I take the game back:):(

LOL - that's fair enough actually. :D

Woodwose
03-31-2011, 05:33 AM
To be honest, I'm willing to give this a year to get fixed up. After all it's not as if there are many flight sims getting released these days and certainly not BoB sims. I doubt there will be anything else along soon. For now I'll keep fiddling with it to get what performance I can from it and keep my fingers crossed.

GAJIT
03-31-2011, 05:47 AM
At the moment it is just a waste of money and its like flying as stuttering cartoon. So disappointing in many ways.

Wish i could have money back

gjork
03-31-2011, 06:14 AM

No, the epi filter was the reason they said it is broken but after removing the epi filter they have come out and said SLI is not making much difference anyway and they hope to improve it later.

I don't buy games on future promises because they have also said that future support depends on current sales and I have a feeling this sim is not going to sell all that well because Ubi forced it out out the door long before it was ready for release.

gjork
03-31-2011, 06:17 AM
I don't want to take the games back, I really really don't.

EB doesn't do returns anymore so you can't anyway. :p

gjork
03-31-2011, 06:19 AM
WoP has a lot less going on underneath the graphics, it's "dumber" than the original IL2, a simpler flight model

Wrong, they licensed the flight model from IL2. Put it on sim mode and see for yourself. OK, dumbed down a bit but not much.

b101uk
03-31-2011, 06:36 AM
Well I have to say wile the other IL-2 games work flawlessly out of the box on there original releases this latest iteration of IL-2 is quite bug ridden, in fact I have had more lockups and CTDs etc just in the game UI trying to setup the pilot option over the course of 1 hour than I have ever cumulatively had between ALL the other IL-2 games!

As for being in game with or without the epilepsy filter being on its a bit of a shuttering mess at the moment, so I hope it gets the long term support the other IL-2 games did so it gets fixed.

hetsar
03-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Well I have to say wile the other IL-2 games work flawlessly out of the box on there original releases this latest iteration of IL-2 is quite bug ridden

Not true, back when the original was released people had trouble running it then and there was lots of bugs.

PEOPLE just wait for the patch and stop crying, so ok this game would be amazing if it run fine from the start but its hardly the only game that has had this and was fixed.

The new patch improves the game 10x so just chill out guys...

Theros
03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
At the moment it is just a waste of money and its like flying as stuttering cartoon. So disappointing in many ways.

Wish i could have money back

Same here, I feel Im being robbed.

louchy
03-31-2011, 08:35 AM
I remember having a nightmare of a time when Forgotten Battles was released (not to mention the awful sound quality). This game might have ubi stamped all over it, but lets not forget Oleg and his team. They have to defend their crown as sim masters and I personally believe that these guys have a genuine love for the work they produce.

CDN_Hoser
03-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Okay, I just tried CoD on my work rig:
Intel i7 920 (6 gigs), AMD 6970 (2 gigs)
The framerate is very poor with frequent stutters in video and sound even with the epilepsy filter off. I could accept this if the graphics were sufficiently mind-blowing. But that's not really the case. Back to WoP until they patch this one up, I guess.

I'm a little disappointed, but these guys have supported their games in the past, so I expect they'll do the same for this one. Still, I feel I paid 50 bucks for a beta version.

Herodotus07
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
as is multicore support
anyone following this game ,would know UBi pressured the release
Oleg stated numerous times it wasnt ready
IL2 Sturmovik had the same issues at launch
these guys still support it after 6 years or more,this game will get the same treatment.

ok dude
Not OK. 1C and Team ♥♥♥♥♥♥ do not support the original "IL-2" series and have not done for several years/. They haned that off to the Daidalos Team when they were working on Patch 4.09. ♥♥♥♥♥♥ stated that they were no longer supporting "IL-2" as they were busy with "Storm Over Britain" (now "IL-2: CoD").
Ubisoft wants quick cash, so get the relaese out the door. ♥♥♥♥♥♥ wants quality, which we have not received here. No wonder he wants to quit.

Creelers
03-31-2011, 11:47 AM
The game will be fixed, IL-2 was a mess at release too.

Taz
03-31-2011, 12:32 PM
2011 Steam Christmas Holiday Sale! IL2-Cliffs of Dover all patched up - $5.00

I think THIS will be worth the wait.

RapidUK
03-31-2011, 01:22 PM

But in the meantime, back to IL-2 1946 :D

Taz
03-31-2011, 05:50 PM
But in the meantime, back to IL-2 1946 :D

DCS:A10C Warthog for me :)

louchy
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Rise of flight...

ScratchyGato
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
DCS:10C Warthog for me :)

Totally. Now, there's a sim.

icec0ld
03-31-2011, 07:34 PM

The people in this forum make me shed manly tears of joy.

Taz
03-31-2011, 07:52 PM

A sim that's actually worth the price of admission, every single penny!

Tarris
04-01-2011, 06:56 AM
A sim that's actually worth the price of admission, every single penny!

I doubt they've ran any beta test on campaign missions though. I'm sick of fixing their faults already. :o

con3para
04-01-2011, 07:28 AM
EB doesn't do returns anymore so you can't anyway. :p

DO steam , i want a refund

con3para
04-01-2011, 07:30 AM
DCS:A10C Warthog for me :)

me too ..love it total quality

b101uk
04-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Well I have been playing with in-game settings and testing over land rather than just water so am now shutter free with a game that looks ~50% better than prior IL-2 games in some areas wile in others is on-par or worse than prior IL-s games and runs at >20fps to <65fps.

However this dose not rectify UI lockups/CTD in some of the menus if things are changed or the odd CTD in game or how when you exit the game it sometimes hasnt reset the desktop resolution, etc, etc, etc.

gjork
04-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I remember having a nightmare of a time when Forgotten Battles was released (not to mention the awful sound quality). This game might have ubi stamped all over it, but lets not forget Oleg and his team. They have to defend their crown as sim masters and I personally believe that these guys have a genuine love for the work they produce.

But Oleg left the team quite some time ago. This is no longer an Oleg sim.

gjork
04-01-2011, 09:34 AM

I'm not that cheap, $19.99 and I will buy it.

eagleFMJ
04-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Oleg Madox is a legend, and all his magnificent (small) team have front row seats at my wedding or funeral, whichever comes first! Thanks guys, you've given me 9 years of Il-2, a game I play just about every day. Storm of War/ Cliffs of Dover I have watched so closely for so long now in development, rumor after rumor, I nearly peed myself when EB listed it as being released. I ordered 3 copies (2 for my bros as well). After trying to load the game for the last two days, I finally got to see with my own eyes 30 minutes of the game. I had 20 or more game crashes, conflicts, problems, and frustration! What happened to my beautiful game?!?!??? What happened?!?? Where did it go so wrong?! I have to take all three copies back to EB...you have no idea how difficult this will be, I feel like I've been left at the alter, while the bride has left with the best man. Where's my beautiful Cliffs of Dover...my pretty little game? Could somebody, (Microsoft) employ Oleg's team to finish what is possibly the most beautifully mathematically written game engine in the world, stick MFS is your crevis, it's terrible. I would have paid a $1000 for a copy of COD I can play without the tears. For all those people out there that can't cough up the cash to pay for the game, you're to blame, you pathetic little turds, pirates are pimply little pusstules that need to have your ♥♥♥♥♥♥s punched in. It's a sad day. I can't believe that when I was 6 years old I used to run around the neighbourhood with a Spitfire made of paper having the best time, I have a library full of books on aircraft now, and I believe that in human history, fighting to the death in combat aircraft to be the most bizarrrr, horrifying and addictive behaviour in our time. Vortices streaming off the wing tips in a knife-edge turn at zero feet, climbing into a split roll, and decend upon your foes like the dark lord decends upon rotting souls! Anyway... I've lived with seven different and beautiful women in my time, COD came so close to being number eight, my poor poor game.....my Russian team, I salute you, your the best...I don't want to take the games back, I really really don't.

Ow my eyes!! I don't even care to read what you said.

Holy wall of text, learn how to paragraph, use the enter key on your keyboard, if you can find it! :o

RapidUK
04-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Oleg Madox is a legend, and all his magnificent (small) team have front row seats at my wedding or funeral, whichever comes first!

Thanks guys, you've given me 9 years of Il-2, a game I play just about every day. Storm of War/ Cliffs of Dover I have watched so closely for so long now in development, rumor after rumor, I nearly peed myself when EB listed it as being released.

I ordered 3 copies (2 for my bros as well). After trying to load the game for the last two days, I finally got to see with my own eyes 30 minutes of the game. I had 20 or more game crashes, conflicts, problems, and frustration! What happened to my beautiful game?!?!??? What happened?!?? Where did it go so wrong?!

I have to take all three copies back to EB...you have no idea how difficult this will be, I feel like I've been left at the alter, while the bride has left with the best man. Where's my beautiful Cliffs of Dover...my pretty little game?

Could somebody, (Microsoft) employ Oleg's team to finish what is possibly the most beautifully mathematically written game engine in the world, stick MFS is your crevis, it's terrible. I would have paid a $1000 for a copy of COD I can play without the tears. For all those people out there that can't cough up the cash to pay for the game, you're to blame, you pathetic little turds, pirates are pimply little pusstules that need to have your ♥♥♥♥♥♥s punched in.

It's a sad day. I can't believe that when I was 6 years old I used to run around the neighbourhood with a Spitfire made of paper having the best time, I have a library full of books on aircraft now, and I believe that in human history, fighting to the death in combat aircraft to be the most bizarrrr, horrifying and addictive behaviour in our time.

Vortices streaming off the wing tips in a knife-edge turn at zero feet, climbing into a split roll, and decend upon your foes like the dark lord decends upon rotting souls!

Anyway... I've lived with seven different and beautiful women in my time, COD came so close to being number eight, my poor poor game.....my Russian team, I salute you, your the best...I don't want to take the games back, I really really don't.

To break it down a little bit or something like :D

RapidUK
04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
MSFSX n IL-2 1946 with a little Dogfighter thrown in for fun, maybe have a look at DCS:A10C Warthog