PDA

View Full Version : Can't fire anymore, and I have other button issues =(

Wed
04-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi,

after trying to play with my 360 controller and changing some gamepad settings in the options, it seems that I can't fire anylonger. Not with my controller, and not with my keyboard. I tried up and w, and changed the button on my gamepad, but nothing comes out of the front of the ship.

Anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

Also it seems there is a bug with the gamepad options. Because every time when I want to change a button and click the exact same button, the text changes and ads some letters.

I'm confused =(.

T@F
04-01-2011, 06:41 PM
fire?
I thought fire was to shoot you out of the barrels.
As far as i'v seen nothing comes out of the front of the ship,but i'v not had the game long tbh.

The only thing i'n noticed at the front of the ship is the break,the front part opens up to slow you down.

Wed
04-02-2011, 01:44 AM
fire?
I thought fire was to shoot you out of the barrels.

Really? Mmh, I though I need a real fire to shoot a ball in the right direction in a christmas level...

But that would explain my frustration with the controller settings^^.

But still there would be this setting thing with the changing letters, which I don't understand.

Wed
04-02-2011, 07:57 AM
It is really frustrating. If I go to the gamepad mappings, go on a line, for example "confirm", push "enter" and then click on "A" on my 360 controller, it doesn't really function. Also clicking on "B" (for "cancel") on my 360 controller doesn't work =(.

T@F
04-02-2011, 08:25 AM
This is how i did it.

Say fire press A it should say jp_button 0_0 then press A again will take it away.
So do that for the keys you want to use for the joypad.
Take away the ones you don't want or just click clear and start again.

Also confirm wants to be set to jp_button 0_0
Cancle set as jp_button 0_1

So then A is confirm and B is cancel on joypad.

as for the balls i think you just bump into them in the dir you want them to go.

Wed
04-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Say fire press A it should say jp_button 0_0

But it doesn't. When I click A on my 360 controller, the text says:

KC_D KC_F KC_G KC_SPACE KC_W

then BUTTONBACK KC_D KC_F KC_G KC_J KC_SPACE KC_U...

then something like the line above.

And the other buttons are also the same...=(

T@F
04-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Hmm mines wired 360 controller on win 7 is your's wireless?

Also what windows you using and have you installed drivers?
vista/win 7 just use windows default unless wireless.

xp well i'v never used a 360 joypad on xp so i'm guessing you need drivers for that.

All i can think of is clear the settings then re-setup the buttons.

Wed
04-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Also what windows you using and have you installed drivers?

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, the 360 controller is wired and the driver is installed.

Some buttons on the controller, like "retry", "fire" "exit to map" function, but other like "left" and "brake" doesn't.

All i can think of is clear the settings

How can I do this?

PolarisOrbit
04-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Have you remapped your gamepad buttons to keyboard keys? Because that's how it looks like the game is interpretting it.

I also have Win7x64 using wired 360 controller and MS driver and it shows JP_BUTTON_0 etc. like the other poster above.

---

The rebinding interface is not intuitive because the display does not handle text overflows well and the text centering makes it non-obvious how your actions are changing the settings. However, once you figure out what it's doing it's pretty efficient.

Binding and unbinding hotkeys are conflated to the same user action. The way the game interprets this user action is context-dependent on the state of that particular hotkey binding. It's important to realize that the way you set hotkeys is also the same way you clear hotkeys, and doing that action repeatedly alternates between the two. For instance, if the brake is bound to "JP_1, JP_0" pressing JP_0 changes the hotkey to just "JP_1". Pressing JP_0 again changes it back to "JP1, JP_0". So if you find there's something you can't do, I would try unbinding everything (through guess-and-check to determine what button has what label), then map it to the button you want.

I don't think there's anyway to reset the keybinds to default.

edit: while researching to make this post, I noticed a very minor bug where if you navigate to the last entry of the key remap menu (using keyboard) and press 'up' the selection goes up 2 spaces instead of 1 space. not too significant as bugs go, but figured I would mention it :)

Wed
04-03-2011, 02:14 AM
The rebinding interface is not intuitive because the display does not handle text overflows well and the text centering makes it non-obvious how your actions are changing the settings.

That's true.

Binding and unbinding hotkeys are conflated to the same user action. The way the game interprets this user action is context-dependent on the state of that particular hotkey binding. It's important to realize that the way you set hotkeys is also the same way you clear hotkeys, and doing that action repeatedly alternates between the two. For instance, if the brake is bound to "JP_1, JP_0" pressing JP_0 changes the hotkey to just "JP_1". Pressing JP_0 again changes it back to "JP1, JP_0". So if you find there's something you can't do, I would try unbinding everything (through guess-and-check to determine what button has what label), then map it to the button you want.

I tried it to do it like that, but it still didn't work. I think I just have to play with the keyboard. But many thanks anyway for your time and effort, PolarisOrbit & T@F =).

Sairon
04-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah the remapping sadly isn't very intuitive, especially with the cryptic names. It was a fairly quick & dirty job to support as many different controllers as possible. Sorry about that.