PDA

View Full Version : Crash on launch [fix]

Mezo
04-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Hello

Game: Bloodrayne (1)

This works on windows 7 64bit ultimate. (tested)

If the game says you have to little memory etc and in the end just wont launch, but crashes.

1. locate:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bloodrayne
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\bloodrayne

Right click "rayne.exe" and select "properties".
Now press the tab "Compatibility" and select it to run in "Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

(guess 2 also works, but i did it with 3.)

3. Launch the game from steam and play.!

tuishimi
05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Not working for me. :(

Now it says "Failed to find steam".

W7 x64.

1sin
07-19-2011, 02:13 PM
hello mezo,

I have the original BloodRayne(I think)disk. my problem is the same as yours, it crash on launch. I have try your method, but because my disk is the original there is no option to start the game in window xp mode(under the compatiblity tab). Under the compatiblity tab I have these options(win 95, win 98/win ME, win NT 4 and win 2000). Do you know where I can find a patch to upgrade my option to include window xp.

If you have an answer to where i can go to find the patch to upgrade the compatiblity option please fill the answer here or send the answer to ezuv(at)hotmail.com.

I look forward to your answer and thank you for your assistance.

Mezo
09-27-2011, 07:51 AM
hello mezo,

I have the original BloodRayne(I think)disk. my problem is the same as yours, it crash on launch. I have try your method, but because my disk is the original there is no option to start the game in window xp mode(under the compatiblity tab). Under the compatiblity tab I have these options(win 95, win 98/win ME, win NT 4 and win 2000). Do you know where I can find a patch to upgrade my option to include window xp.

If you have an answer to where i can go to find the patch to upgrade the compatiblity option please fill the answer here or send the answer to ezuv(at)hotmail.com.

I look forward to your answer and thank you for your assistance.

Add me on steam and ill try to help you fix that if i can =o
add "zilak" in friends.

Mezo
09-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Not working for me. :(

Now it says "Failed to find steam".

W7 x64.

try copy your steam.dll in C:\Program Files\Steam

to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\bloodrayne

That might work. hmmmm i hope.