PDA

View Full Version : What is this game series like?

Gishank
04-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi, I've been tempted to get Death To Spies for a while and from what I can tell it seems to be a Hitman-estique game set in WW2 (correct me if I'm wrong). Now I'm curious as to what it is actually like, and if it is any good at all?

r0cko
04-10-2011, 12:35 PM
I really like the game, The enemy AI is touchy and it reminds me of old school games like The Great Escape on the C64. You really have to get into it and sneak around, and pay attention to what people are saying for clues.

It's not perfect, But I love it. The game makes you nervous most of the time with all them ♥♥♥♥'s looking at you.

On the very first mission, there is a pilot to capture.. You have to kind of follow him around and eventually he will go into a building with no one around, there's your chance.

You just have to give the game a good hour or so and get used to how it works. The designers did a great job with the atmosphere. I recommend it to anyone that likes Metal Gear, Tenchu, The Great Escape....Stealth games that you need to really get into and be careful while you're playing.

r0cko
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm talking about the sequel BTW... Not played the first one yet.

r0cko
04-10-2011, 05:38 PM
UPDATE: I've put in a few more hours and still lovin' it.

The game actually reminds me of Desert Strike in a few ways. Like how you had to strategically complete missions and think your plan of attack out methodically.

Most of the time your guns are useless, but there are a lot of opportunities to splatter brains all over the walls and dump bodies in interesting ways, so it feels that much more satisfying when you do and get away with it.

Tons of fun. Having a blast. I played the first game to try it out earlier...Basically it's the same but the sequel has better graphics.

Cactusgod
04-14-2011, 10:54 PM
As probably one of the biggest Hitman fans of all time, this game really fills the void.

Supposedly, the game uses the Hitman 4 engine. I can see that being true. Guards line of sight is relatively similar, though a tad it more complex than in Hitman as there are varying degrees of sight-cones. The load bar is literally the same thing (which leads me to think it did use the engine)

I'm not sure there are AS many ways to complete objectives as in Hitman, because Hitman prided itself on that most of all. This game, there doesn't seem to be (at least to level 3) multiple ways to complete levels, because you need a certain uniform to progress.

Another interesting thing is that there are certain guards that literally see through your disguise NO MATTER WHAT. It's a bit hard to get used to at first, because you can pass by most people in Hitman without any problem, though I suppose its more realistic this way.

At any rate, I bought the game for five dollars and I DEFINITELY don't regret it.

r0cko
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
yEP, I picked up Hitman Blood Money and I'm lovin' it. Can't wait for the next sequel

avalanch07
05-01-2011, 09:29 PM
So in other words if you loved the splinter cell games, you should love this one eh?

I really like the game, The enemy AI is touchy and it reminds me of old school games like The Great Escape on the C64. You really have to get into it and sneak around, and pay attention to what people are saying for clues.

It's not perfect, But I love it. The game makes you nervous most of the time with all them ♥♥♥♥'s looking at you.

On the very first mission, there is a pilot to capture.. You have to kind of follow him around and eventually he will go into a building with no one around, there's your chance.

You just have to give the game a good hour or so and get used to how it works. The designers did a great job with the atmosphere. I recommend it to anyone that likes Metal Gear, Tenchu, The Great Escape....Stealth games that you need to really get into and be careful while you're playing.

Blade cop
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
So in other words if you loved the splinter cell games, you should love this one eh?

Yes, I love world war 2 stealth games, especially this one. Played Commandos Strike Force?

oliathsg
06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes, I love world war 2 stealth games, especially this one. Played Commandos Strike Force?

Did you play Velvet Assasin?
How does this compare?

Blade cop
06-09-2011, 10:02 PM
How does this compare?

No and I don't know.

netnerd85
06-15-2011, 05:10 PM
How does this compare?

Death to Spies has a lot more stealth mechanics than Velvet Assassin. You can't choke out enemies with wire, or poison them in VA ;)

Death to Spies is basically Commandos in 3d form with a little bit of Hidden and Dangerous mixed in there. It's the best WW2 stealth game out there. Definitely play DtS: Moment of Truth.

Ac187
07-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Death to Spies has a lot more stealth mechanics than Velvet Assassin. You can't choke out enemies with wire, or poison them in VA ;)

Death to Spies is basically Commandos in 3d form with a little bit of Hidden and Dangerous mixed in there. It's the best WW2 stealth game out there. Definitely play DtS: Moment of Truth.

Sigh...Hidden & Dangerous and Hidden & Dangerous 2 are one of my all time favorite games EVER. Still have them all (HD/DB and HD2/SS) on my computer. They still see some action.

As for DTS, both are very hitman-esque. I wouldnt compare them to Velvet assassin as they are really not anything alike. I find it very problem solving/tactical/stealthy and relies on intuition and attention to detail. An intense game, but good non the least.

cccino
07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Death to Spies is basically Commandos in 3d form

This is always how I thought of it. Especially since you have a map overlay with the enemy zones of vision.

Jashin
07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
I enjoyed the 1st one a lot more than moment of truth.

With the exp MoT they listened too much to their forum and made it harder in a more trial n error way that is less fun.

akaash
01-27-2012, 04:44 AM
UPDATE: I've put in a few more hours and still lovin' it.

The game actually reminds me of Desert Strike in a few ways. Like how you had to strategically complete missions and think your plan of attack out methodically.

Most of the time your guns are useless, but there are a lot of opportunities to splatter brains all over the walls and dump bodies in interesting ways, so it feels that much more satisfying when you do and get away with it.

Tons of fun. Having a blast. I played the first game to try it out earlier...Basically it's the same but the sequel has better graphics.

Hi there i'm u'r new friend Akaash. Don't u think that Death to Spies is much harder than its sequel Death to Spies:Moment of Truth ??

pleeaazzeee reply !!

soviet_sharkey
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Bought them retail for cheap and they are both amazing

The Dutchman
04-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I prefer the first one, if you ask me.

nirvanasource
05-30-2012, 06:29 AM
It's must-buy if you are into Hitman. I think it's better. Larger maps, etc.

I've only played Moment of Truth, not the first game.

erwem576
06-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Love these games. Where the hell is part 3?

netnerd85
06-22-2012, 09:33 AM
It's been cancelled but the developers still want to finish it, see here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28251&page=3