PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge 2 Wishlist

ichewyou
04-02-2011, 11:16 PM
In the event we do get a Mirror's Edge 2, what new features or changes would you like this to implement? I would be more than happy with simply MORE mirror's edge, but there are some things about Mirror's Edge I'd like to see tweaked if there is a sequel.

1. More Rooftops, less indoors
The biggest strength of Mirror's Edge is the feeling of freedom you get from running. I find it very diffuclt to hold on to this feeling in claustraphobic interiors. I know, it is not logical for Faith to never enter a building. I simply wish for there to be more of a disparity between being outside and indoors. Also being outisde helps you aprecciate the feel of The City and the visuals.

2. Combat
For me this was the worst part of the game. It was perfectly fine in the beginning but in the end you were forced to fight enemies. This detracted from the pacing of the game and my enjoyment of it. I think this could be changed for the better by maybe making Faith automatically push enemies away from her so she can get away a little easier and keep at least some of her speed.

3. No More Elevators
Other than the very entertaining propoganda notices inside them, these are absolutely awful and break the pace of a game focused on speed and fluidity far too much IMHO.

Tl/Dr?

More of a focus on the speed and fluidity; change the elements that detract.

Thoughts?

ichewyou
04-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Also,

4. No More Esurance Cutscenes
I think this one's pretty self explanatory.

7grain
04-03-2011, 11:20 AM
5. better integration of the "story" and the action. This game is completely a console game... complete with long boring cutscenes that server only to piece together levels of action. Honestly, I didn't need the story at all, but if you're going to have one, might as well make an effort to stitch it into the action a little better.

OP, I agree with you about combat - this is one game where I encourage people to turn down the difficulty because it lets you get through the combat faster, but doesn't take away from the explore-and-conquer elements of the running. I liked the nighttime fight with the snipers though. That was well done.

I think the elevators were there to allow the consoles to load more level. Unnecessary on PC, but forgivable; it's better than stopping for a loading scene. I liked reading the PSAs in the elevators.

But I disagree about outdoor/indoor. I liked the claustrophobic indoor climbing; it was a great counterpoint to the outdoor run-and-fly. I think that each of them makes the other better; I'd be bored quickly if it was all outdoors.

All of this is a moot point. There will never be an ME2. :(

MADDOGGE
04-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I liked the first game a lot even the Esurance Cutscenes:D.

All I want is just more of the first game with less combat. I love the mix of indoor and outdoor platforming but I have to say outside is much more of an adrenaline rush. Especially when you are in the grove chaining everything all together.:D:cool:

tippy25
04-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I disagree with eliminating elevators altogether. I will agree that there should be fewer of them, though.

There were several elevators that were extraordinarily well-placed and really added to the intensity. One such example was the red elevator in chapter 2 after the epic chase after talking to Kate in Pope's office. After getting in the elevator, I gave a huge exhale like Faith did (and at the same time she did, too). It was a nice break in the action and allowed me to regroup and mentally prepare for the rest of the chase.

Elevators done right, like in the example above, can really help the game. But having elevators for the sake of elevators and just getting to a roof, I think that could really detract from the game.

govadina
04-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Elevators were only added to load the level.

Map creation and multiplayer that's all I want really, well besides even better graphics to boost the atmosphere.

MrJava
06-30-2011, 01:19 AM
I always felt that this game would be amazing if it were a sandbox style game. But if it wasnt to go that way it would be great if each level had several different ways of completing each mission as in you could go in all guns blazing, sneak around and take each enemy out, or go through some serious parkour action to avoid it all together.

I really do hope that there will be a Mirrors Edge 2 because its very rare for me to get taken into a story of a computer game but Mirrors Edge really delivered. No doubt this was helped by the fact that the art style and music were perfect.

MrJava
06-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Map creation and multiplayer that's all I want really, well besides even better graphics to boost the atmosphere.

Oh yeah and as Govadina said map creation would be amazing.