PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here! Need help.

zZScottZz
04-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Hello everyone,
I got Counter-Strike Source about a month ago and I just wanted to ask a few things.
1. How come my computer (Bad) lags near players who are firing weapons?
2. Any tips for AWP?
3. Are there any commands on the console I NEED to use?
4. How can I make my 1.6 GHz processor (LOL) run Counter-Strike better?

Thanks in advance,
zZScottZz
II EDiiTZz II

alwayskateam
04-03-2011, 01:10 PM
During combat in games, your fps tends to drop, more or less depending on the game. How much fps are you running at? You can up your fps by going into options, video settings, advanced, and turning your settings onto medium or low. You can also try running in a lower resolution, and running the game in a window.
As for AWP tips, try staying in a certain location. Scope out enemies as they cross your screen. If you're moving from place to place, you're going to have a lot more trouble stopping, scoping in, locking in on the enemy, and taking the kill. Also, make sure you're not moving while shooting the awp. Kind of an obvious, but just putting it out there. Use the "walk" key to your advantage. In terms of console commands, most servers are 100 tick nowadays. Go into console and put in "cl_cmdrate 100 cl_updaterate 100 and rate 100000. This should smooth things out a bit both for you and other players seeing you. As for the processor, I know close to nothing about techy computer stuff, so you're gonna have to get someone else to help you with that. :)

zZScottZz
04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Thank you!:D

Lunaticdmx
04-06-2011, 09:46 AM
In terms of console commands, most servers are 100 tick nowadays. Go into console and put in "cl_cmdrate 100 cl_updaterate 100 and rate 100000.

After the OB engine update majority of the servers are 66 tick. So, cl_cmdrate 66 and cl_updaterate 66 etc.
More info about rates:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1353969

Getting better FPS:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1444786&page=2

Your CPU is very lowend. I would OC the hell out of it. But if you don't know how to OC then let it be.

For the AWP and other weapons, i think there are tutorials in youtube.

GOOGLE is your friend ;)

Grand Cherokee
04-06-2011, 10:06 AM
1.6 Ghz?

Is that n Intel Atom processor?