PDA

View Full Version : New gun? + coop layout idea

awesome_ninjaa
04-03-2011, 12:54 PM
From Sanctum wiki:
http://sanctum.wikia.com/wiki/Minigun-Shotgun

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:
Looks badass, hehe:cool:

I'll also take the opportunity to show off my coop layout idea from my original thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1808438

My original idea and intent was to have 3 or more players playing on the same maze. That would require making new maps, which will take quite some time most likely if you decide to implement it. That's why I thought of an alternative idea that would also make a cool new gamemode.
Anyone ever player some of the "Defend the Castle" gamemodes in Warcraft 3? Basically, the enemies come from 2 sides, and there are X amount of players on each side. The map is identical on both sides, so all there is to do is to do is to copy paste the layout to a different location on the map, and that way more people will be able to join! Not necessarily all together on the same maze, but they will still play together and they could help each other out. For example, if the other maze is located at a 90° angle on the right or left, the players from one maze could shoot with the sniper the enemies from the other maze to help them out.
Here's the example of a layout:
Layout 1: this is just an idea that I thought of. Each line has 2 players and when they are near the core, the lines are side by side. The core is the green circle. This is for the 4 player coop game. (8 players can be achieved with this layout too if you do a double “Y” at different angles going to the core)
Link: http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/jackleblack/Sanctum%20layout%20ideas/layout1idea.png

What do you think? I don't think of it as my original idea of having 4 people on the same maze, but that idea would require much more time to complete, and the idea of 2-team groups should be easier to implement IMO. That way you might also create a team-based game.
2-player groups have the same amount of enemies and the goal is the score the most amount of points. Kinda of a competitive gamemode.
Both of these ideas have 1 big problem: what do you do if you failed, and the core got destroyed? In the first idea, where 2-player groups defend the same core, it would result in the loss of both groups, so to achieve success, it would require the cooperation of both teams.
In the second idea, with competitive play, I’m not really sure. My only thought is that they will be able to spectate the entire battlefield of the other group/s. To make it more interesting to spectate, I think they should be able to view from first person view too. That included first person views of players, turrets, and monsters. It would be interesting to see your enemies maze from a monster’s point of view .

Fox_McCloud
04-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I saw the MG/SG but I don't know how to use it, I guess we will find out in due time or if it's just a joke.

It sounds like the BFG 9000 or the R.Y.N.O. Maybe you unlock it after you get all your weapons to level 6?

phillibl
04-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I have no clue how to obtain the Minigun Shotgun and I have tried everything I can thing of, including upgrading all my weapons and towers to lvl 6. The devs have given some very obscure hints as to how to obtain it, but nothing that is useful.

Fox_McCloud
04-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I have no clue how to obtain the Minigun Shotgun and I have tried everything I can thing of, including upgrading all my weapons and towers to lvl 6. The devs have given some very obscure hints as to how to obtain it, but nothing that i useful.

I think it's just a joke.

awesome_ninjaa
04-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks to the three barrels the Minigun-Shotgun can fire 60 shells each second.

"It costs $300,000 to fire this weapon for 8 seconds... :D