PDA

View Full Version : Sony vaio s?

kurzx14
04-03-2011, 04:00 PM
i made a thread a week or so back about my sister looking for a laptop. you guys have me some good choices! thanks for that ;D.
anyway, my sister is looking at the Sony vaio S series, and as i said before i dont know much about laptops.... so if anyone has one or knows about them please put in some info!

Id like to know.
how do movies play/look?
good for web?
how long is the battery life?
and of course is it good for papers, presentations things like that.

thanks guys. ^o^

kurzx14
04-03-2011, 06:11 PM
O_o anyone? sometimes google lies u know xD

Gavman666
04-04-2011, 12:29 AM
i made a thread a week or so back about my sister looking for a laptop. you guys have me some good choices! thanks for that ;D.
anyway, my sister is looking at the Sony vaio S series, and as i said before i dont know much about laptops.... so if anyone has one or knows about them please put in some info!

Id like to know.
how do movies play/look?
good for web?
how long is the battery life?
and of course is it good for papers, presentations things like that.

thanks guys. ^o^

You forgot to post the specs of the one she was looking at :(

In general, sony laptops arent that great, in terms of build quality. I fix computers for people, and almost all the laptops i've had to repair were Sonys. And you tend to pay a lot for what you get.

Give us a price range and we will do what we can to help you find the best laptop for your needs.

Hope i helped.

Bad_Motha
04-04-2011, 01:54 AM
All the Sony laptops I've used or worked on, a majority of all weren't worth the money for what's in them. You're paying for the name. I would gladly take a majority of the Dell laptops over most Sony laptops any day, and that's saying ALOT.

But yea let's see what kind of budget price range you're talking about, then go from there.

From what I understand about Sony Vaio S series is they fit into the Netbook class when comes to size, but are a fairly decent power-house for it's size. Not quite a gaming netbook, but decent for pretty much everything else you might want to do. But again you'll pay the price of what you could get out of a similar priced 15" laptop that has even more bang for buck.

Unless your sister really is comfortable with a 10" - 12" screen and that small of a form factor machine, I would suggest spending the $500 - $600 on something better then a VAIO S series.

Whenever you consider most laptops under 14" class, think about weather having an optical drive is a need for you. As with netbooks or smaller laptops, the optical drive would have to be some sort of external drive, purchased separately and also added to the things you'll be carrying around when on the go (if it's needed).