PDA

View Full Version : When is it going to be fixed?

JAEHZORNJENS
04-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Hello,

after i bought the game i was hoping for new patches to fix these cpu problem.
now, after (i think 7 patches) i installed this game again and im just getting 25-60 fps while running? cmon, im playing mw2 (SAME ENGINGE) with maxed settings on 90fps!

what the hell are you doing, treyarch? last cod i bought in my life. the game is still broken and youre releasing a DLC, WTF!

moneyhunters.

schnitzeljaeger
04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
inb4 the "buy a new comp, idiot" guys

I give the game a new try after each patch but so far the stutter and lag problems won't go away for me... I don't think they will (be able) to release a patch for that ever.

bejayel
04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
It's not the same engine. It derives from the same engine, but there are changes.

I can't believe treyarch has been signed for another entry to CoD. Speak with your wallets.

Dazz71
04-04-2011, 08:24 AM
modified yes but still same basic engine that a lot of developers use, yet they still manage to optimise it for the different platforms ... even IW did it for MW2

pixels
04-04-2011, 08:29 AM
turn sync every frame off
/com_maxfps 125
turn off shadows, shader warming, lower textures.

what cpu do you have?
what gpu do you have?
what psu do you have?

maybe it is your computer, dont blame the game when we have nothing to help you work with.

bejayel
04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
There's nothing wrong with my computer.

a phenom 2 x6 and 5850 crossfire should NEVER dip in to the 40s in this game. It should never be below 100. This game has crappy programming. There is no defending it.

juppda
04-04-2011, 08:52 AM
"maybe it is your computer, dont blame the game when we have nothing to help you work with. "

MUHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAAAAA

its def the game not my computer! still "buy a new comp, idiot" guys around??? omfg

Ezre
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
and your specs are?

dont bash the game, bash the player and his shtty comp.

HelenKeller
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
If performance hasn't changed majorly yet, don't expect it to in the future.

chrisdglong
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
The game isn't getting "fixed". They will release a new one at the end of the year. Just accept the game as being a POS and DON'T BUY THE NEXT ONE. The only reason they keep making these ♥♥♥♥ty games is because you keep buying them.

HelenKeller
04-04-2011, 01:26 PM

a phenom 2 x6 and 5850 crossfire should NEVER dip in to the 40s in this game. It should never be below 100. This game has crappy programming. There is no defending it.

Try 1 GPU. If thats helps, your issue is with ATI.

I would absolutely wonder about my computer if that was my rig and it couldn't run this game well. ;)

My Q6700 and GTX560 laugh at 40fps.

JAEHZORNJENS
04-04-2011, 02:04 PM
maybe it is your computer, dont blame the game when we have nothing to help you work with.

CPU Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.7GHz
RAM 4GB DDR2-825MHz
Grafikkarte ATI Radeon HD 4850
Motherboard Asus P5Q
Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 2233RZ
Betriebssystem Windows 7 Professional x64

i can play crysis 2 with average of 60fps (O WAIT ITS CAPPED @ 60 i would get more)

is there anyone out there who can play this game on maxed out settings and on 125fps constant? want to see his rig

JIgsawX
04-04-2011, 02:19 PM

You may want to read this it may help you if your running win7/Vista

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1819009

HelenKeller
04-04-2011, 03:40 PM
RAM 4GB DDR2-825MHz
Motherboard Asus P5Q

i can play crysis 2 with average of 60fps (O WAIT ITS CAPPED @ 60 i would get more)

is there anyone out there who can play this game on maxed out settings and on 125fps constant? want to see his rig

not constant, but an average over 125fps. Someone with a minimum 125fps would average over 200fps easily. So is that really what your asking??

120 second benchmark on the new map Discovery.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
15661, 120000, 65, 197, 130.508

1920x1080
Detail Extra
Enhanced through Control Panel - 16AF (ingame x2)
Enhanced through Control Panel - 8MSAA+8SSAA (in game x2)
all settings ingame on highest
I HAVE SHADOWS OFF. not because of FPS, but stutter. i still manage a very high FPS with them on.

Q6700 @ 3.7Ghz
GTX560 SOC
Win7 64

pixels
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
RAM 4GB DDR2-825MHz
Motherboard Asus P5Q

my rig is almost the same as yours,
Motherboard P5QL-SE
IntelCore2Duo E6750 @ 2.66gHz
Ram 4Gb DDR2 800
Graphics ATI HD4850 with 11.2 drivers
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
and i get perfect games all day every day. its something on your computer conflicting or something else your using.

There's nothing wrong with my computer

Well buddy there is defending it because my specs are WAY lower than yours and i get 125 constant, yes that right CONSTANT.
E6750 @2.66gHz
HD4850 with 11.2 drivers
Win7 64 Bit NEVER UPDATED
550W psu
4gB ddr2 800 ram

when someone says its your computer its a number of things, could be other programs interferring with it, could be your modem, could be firewall, could be uac could be anything.
So if I can get a decent game with LOW specs im sure its not the game.

HelenKeller
04-04-2011, 06:19 PM
125Fps constant with a stock dual core... :D. What are your settings/resolution and how long is your list of config alterations?? Lol. He asked max'd out btw.

JUSTiNHELL
04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Tbh if you check the cod official forum, you will see on the community updates, that they completly removed the IN PROGRESS fix's, im suspecting they are calling it, they may bring a patch when the next dlc comes out, but this is it.

cyn1c4l
04-04-2011, 10:22 PM
double post
see below

cyn1c4l
04-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Well buddy there is defending it because my specs are WAY lower than yours and i get 125 constant, yes that right CONSTANT.

E6750 @2.66gHz
HD4850 with 11.2 drivers
Win7 64 Bit NEVER UPDATED
550W psu
4gB ddr2 800 ram

Interesting. Mine, which should be on par or more powerful than yours:

Q6600 @ 3.0gHz
HD4850
11.4 (preview) drivers / 11.2 yields same result
Win7 64-Bit
Have tried both Pre-SP1 and Post-SP1 with no difference in FPS
620W PSU
4GB DDR2 800 RAM

and in Black Ops I average roughly 75-85fps, but on most maps, I often get dips into the 30's and 40's. Especially Berlin Wall, Havana, etc. If I'm inside buildings or looking at a wall I can get 100-160fps. The fps dips are killing me. After upgrading to SP1, gameplay is smoother and I haven't frozen since the upgrade (I used to get those 3-4 second freezes randomly), but no difference in FPS and some maps are still troublesome.

If I boot into XP and play, gameplay is FAR smoother and I get an increase of 10-20+ fps in almost all areas, but I still suffer from dips into the 40's which can affect gameplay.

I wonder what the hell is wrong... it's really ticking me off.

- I generally have nothing running in the background other than normal windows stuff.
- I've tried special configs and went back to vanilla because the differences were minimal.
- Other games play completely fine (Dead Space, L4D2, Medal of Honor, etc). This is the only game that suffers.
- I've tried with AA on and off, with ATI Catalyst AI on and off, with AF at 0 and maxed, at different resolutions, different levels of texture quality - all to no avail. (shadows always off)
- In fact, I've seen performance stay the same or even go lower with lower textures selected (it seems that turning the graphics settings up cues Windows 7 to send more instructions to the GPU instead of CPU).

In XP, the GPU utilization is far higher. For some reason, as many others have experienced, the GPU utilization isn't nearly as high in Windows 7... it seems that Blops stresses the CPU far more than the GPU, at least in Windows 7. I'm not sure why this is the case, and why people with the SAME system as me AREN'T having issues and are having MUCH better framerates.

pixels
04-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Interesting. Mine, which should be on par or more powerful than yours:

Q6600 @ 3.0gHz
HD4850
11.4 (preview) drivers / 11.2 yields same result
Win7 64-Bit
Have tried both Pre-SP1 and Post-SP1 with no difference in FPS
620W PSU
4GB DDR2 800 RAM

and in Black Ops I average roughly 75-85fps, but on most maps, I often get dips into the 30's and 40's. Especially Berlin Wall, Havana, etc. If I'm inside buildings or looking at a wall I can get 100-160fps. The fps dips are killing me. After upgrading to SP1, gameplay is smoother and I haven't frozen since the upgrade (I used to get those 3-4 second freezes randomly), but no difference in FPS and some maps are still troublesome.

If I boot into XP and play, gameplay is FAR smoother and I get an increase of 10-20+ fps in almost all areas, but I still suffer from dips into the 40's which can affect gameplay.

I wonder what the hell is wrong... it's really ticking me off.

- I generally have nothing running in the background other than normal windows stuff.
- I've tried special configs and went back to vanilla because the differences were minimal.
- Other games play completely fine (Dead Space, L4D2, Medal of Honor, etc). This is the only game that suffers.
- I've tried with AA on and off, with ATI Catalyst AI on and off, with AF at 0 and maxed, at different resolutions, different levels of texture quality - all to no avail. (shadows always off)
- In fact, I've seen performance stay the same or even go lower with lower textures selected (it seems that turning the graphics settings up cues Windows 7 to send more instructions to the GPU instead of CPU).

In XP, the GPU utilization is far higher. For some reason, as many others have experienced, the GPU utilization isn't nearly as high in Windows 7... it seems that Blops stresses the CPU far more than the GPU, at least in Windows 7. I'm not sure why this is the case, and why people with the SAME system as me AREN'T having issues and are having MUCH better framerates.

Ok these are what else ive done, since CoD4 too.
Never updated windows 7, its basically like a fresh install.
Dont have fraps or xfire or any programs running besides the standard that make your computer run and steam while im playing.
Have firewalls off in windows and in my router, NEVER overclocked my cpu but HD4850 is maxed out overclock.
My ingame settings are brass on, shadows on, blood on, resolution is 1680x1050, graphics on extra, sync every frame off (vsync) aa set in catalyst control center at 8x and bilinear filtering.
My sound is from a blaster x-fi titanium and i use windows sound ingame with a headset.
Uninstalled EVERY other sound codec i could find (had probs with bfbc2) and just use the basic k-lite mega codec pack for videos.

i have trees removed in my config and have my config set to read only.

Other than that i havent really done anything special but have awesome games every single game. My only problem was long load times so i have a slightly better cpu on its way, E8600 @ 3.33gHz std.

125Fps constant with a stock dual core... :D. What are your settings/resolution and how long is your list of config alterations?? Lol. He asked max'd out btw.

Read above, settings are maxed out, "apparently" by changing your anti aliasing and anistrophic through the graphics card control panel and not in game can make the load on the cpu reduce and send the load to the gpu instead.

HelenKeller
04-05-2011, 12:35 AM
You have no AA and only 8AF? That's not max'd out.

Dazz71
04-05-2011, 09:03 AM

when someone says its your computer its a number of things, could be other programs interferring with it, could be your modem, could be firewall, could be uac could be anything.
So if I can get a decent game with LOW specs im sure its not the game.

hahahaha good one...oh wait, you was being serious? ..... hahahahahah thats even funnier then !!1!11!11!!!!!!!!1111!!111111!!!1

cyn1c4l
04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
My sound is from a blaster x-fi titanium and i use windows sound ingame with a headset.

Uninstalled EVERY other sound codec i could find (had probs with bfbc2) and just use the basic k-lite mega codec pack for videos.

Read above, settings are maxed out, "apparently" by changing your anti aliasing and anistrophic through the graphics card control panel and not in game can make the load on the cpu reduce and send the load to the gpu instead.

Thanks for the info. You know, I wonder if it could be the sound. I'm using an old Audigy 2 ZS... and when I disable all sound devices I do get a good 5-10fps boost. Sound card / codecs could help me.

Also, your last point (sorry I missed it if it was posted earlier) is VERY intriguing... I'll try using the ATI Control Panel (CCC) to adjust the graphics settings instead of doing so in-game. That makes sense, and I *really* hope it helps!

I have heard that reinstalling the game has worked for some people. I may try that as a last resort. Thanks for the tips though... I hope they work!

pixels
04-05-2011, 04:39 PM
also mess around with Catalyst AI, some people get better performance with it disabled and some get better with it on advanced

Lame.24.7
04-05-2011, 06:33 PM
The game's been out for almost 6 months now, without any major improvements.
I don't expect them anymore to bother fixing their broken game.

They're only interested in our money...

Milwaukee
04-05-2011, 07:45 PM
It's not the same engine. It derives from the same engine, but there are changes.

I can't believe treyarch has been signed for another entry to CoD. Speak with your wallets.

We can speak but consoles will only scream. By completely abstaining from the market they would have no reason to support PC whatsoever.

pixels
04-06-2011, 02:37 AM
The game's been out for almost 6 months now, without any major improvements.
I don't expect them anymore to bother fixing their broken game.

They're only interested in our money...

its only broken for people who have the "uber pro 1337 pcs" out there.
for us people with just over minimum specs its not broken.

so you do the maths, not the games problem but somewhere on your pc.

Dazz71
04-06-2011, 04:15 AM
its only broken for people who have the "uber pro 1337 pcs" out there.
for us people with just over minimum specs its not broken.

so you do the maths, not the games problem but somewhere on your pc.

sweeping generalisation, and as with all sweeping generalisations its very wrong

if you have an opinion of your pc then put that up, dont put up your opinion of mine and all my friends pc's.
some of which have lower end pc's [ dual core ] and some higher end PC's [ uber i7's ] yet some lower ones work ok with blops but some dont, same goes for the higher end, so stick the sweeping statements up your ♥♥♥♥ and put up YOUR facts ... or best idea is to STFU

SR69MMJC
04-06-2011, 05:40 AM
im playing mw2 (SAME ENGINGE) with maxed settings on 90fps!
What makes you think it's the same engine?
It's modified a lot.

BOC.KillMaster
04-06-2011, 06:04 AM
I have AMD phenom quadcore@2.55Ghz. 2x ati radeon 4870 on croffsire, 8GB ram and over 2TB HD. At some spots i get 30-40 FPS, and other spots i get 125 FPS. Mostly its around 40 FPS. VERY ♥♥♥♥ING PORE GAME. If i play Crysis2, iget an easy between 70-100 FPS easy. Everything maxed out on crysis2. Settings black ops: 1920x1080, aax8, textures Extra, Shadows off, Shaderwarming Off, synchevry frame Off. I have had it with this game. Never will buy anything from 3arch again.

pixels
04-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I have AMD phenom quadcore@2.55Ghz. 2x ati radeon 4870 on croffsire, 8GB ram and over 2TB HD. At some spots i get 30-40 FPS, and other spots i get 125 FPS. Mostly its around 40 FPS. VERY ♥♥♥♥ING PORE GAME. If i play Crysis2, iget an easy between 70-100 FPS easy. Everything maxed out on crysis2. Settings black ops: 1920x1080, aax8, textures Extra, Shadows off, Shaderwarming Off, synchevry frame Off. I have had it with this game. Never will buy anything from 3arch again.

for starters remove the crossfire and sell your second card, you dont need it and your game will run better without it.
thats a real small quadcore, ive since upgraded my E6750 @ 2.66gHz (dual core) to a E8600 @ 3.33gHz (dual core), i would either overclock that cpu or get a better one.

if you know how to edit your config

snaps 30
cl_maxpackets 100
cl_packetdup 2 (if it lags make it 1)
com_maxfps 125