PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Turrets During A Wave

chmcjh
04-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I would like to be able to upgrade turrets during a wave.

Sometimes I will be saving some resources to upgrade one of my guns after the next wave, and realize that it would have been better for me to upgrade a few turrets instead.

What do you guys think?

theallmightybob
04-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I dont know. I think the current system is a bit more fun. It makes you have to take a gamble to save up some cash.

Kenji_03
04-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I dont know. I think the current system is a bit more fun. It makes you have to take a gamble to save up some cash.

I do agree that it is a very tactical game atm with a clear "planning" phase to design and plot, then the "plans are useless" stage of the waves.

But I do feel his pain, as one time I hit a glitch that made me skip the design phase.

theallmightybob
04-05-2011, 02:10 AM
I do agree that it is a very tactical game atm with a clear "planning" phase to design and plot, then the "plans are useless" stage of the waves.

But I do feel his pain, as one time I hit a glitch that made me skip the design phase.

If they implimented intrest on banked currency at the end of the match I think it would be a good balance. Your plan dident work so you have to panic spend and lose out on the bonus. win win imo.

Kenji_03
04-05-2011, 02:21 AM
If they implimented intrest on banked currency at the end of the match I think it would be a good balance. Your plan dident work so you have to panic spend and lose out on the bonus. win win imo.

But interest would change the entire game's mechanic, as now NOT spending is almost as important as spending. I always hated TD games that used interest as it was how they made up for a lack of tactical game play design.

theallmightybob
04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I get were you are comming from with your concerns about intrest. Sometimes its to heavy handed in TD games and its more about fighting against the intrest then the game. But I feel there still needs to be some dare devil bonus for going a round without spending anything and not gettign core damaged.

Without an intrest or some sort of bonus mechanic I feel that money just becomes an anoyance after a while though. I pretty much have no reason not to spend it all except for maybe one turn max to upgrade one turret or weapon to max level. it just makes any efficent maze feel less awesome.

If I can go X rounds without spending extra it should be worth something. maybe not say X precent, but a set bonus based on the wave number/dificulty to give me some incentive to take the risk.

I should probibly stop though. I think I am highjacking this poor guys thread.

hawtorange
04-05-2011, 03:17 AM
I like the two phase system.

Besides, the game tells you what the next mob is, so you can plan.