PDA

View Full Version : Music correlation?

Virgosaregod
04-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Ive played the game abit and im a little confused on what exactly the game reads on to make the tracks.

IE: Audiosurf goes off the traffic, beat hazard goes off of the intensity..

Alot of my songs registered kinda boring and point-circle less. I went to another song with more heavy beats and the circles almost seemed to be off on their timing. Not only that but it only seems to listen to some type of beats and not others so if the pitch of the beat (IE when the song goes from a steady beat to a quick rapid amount of beats for a second) it just completely seems to ignore it. I managed to get one song with high speed beats and it gave me a rather nice tunnel to go through which was fun(when the tunnel didnt land me face first into blocks),but other songs with lots of traffic (like the ones that make audiosurf go nuts) dont seem like alot ingame.

my 2 cents

Jalan
04-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Ichiro posted a response on the Kick It Facebook page in regard to how the cities react and generate the level content -

Yeah; City 11a creates many plates based on BPM calculations. City 12 does beat detection. Genome City's main focus is to see what happens if we allow people to tweak various input params. Ideally, I want all three!

Not that in-depth but no doubt he could elaborate the next time he checks in here.

stevestevenson
04-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Alot of my songs registered kinda boring and point-circle less. I went to another song with more heavy beats and the circles almost seemed to be off on their timing. Not only that but it only seems to listen to some type of beats and not others so if the pitch of the beat (IE when the song goes from a steady beat to a quick rapid amount of beats for a second) it just completely seems to ignore it.

songs with lots of traffic (like the ones that make audiosurf go nuts) dont seem like alot ingame.

That's exactly what I've been thinking. I know its a prerelease but at the moment its a major problem with the game. its basically like playing a random game that happens to have your own music in the background.

e.g. One song I was playing has a bridge that sounds very different to the verse/chorus (bass drops out, different instruments, different beat) but the gameplay didnt react to it at all.