PDA

View Full Version : I hope mics are highly encouraged in this game

Live2bcool
04-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Things could be ten times more fun and tactical if people actually used mics in some games. (Looking at Monday Night Combat's community) I'm just hoping in Brink everyone will... Imagine all the strategies and plans a team could make up?

Well, will you be using yours?

ZernoK
04-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Well.. not entirely sure if this is a console only thing or so, but VOIP is by default off for strangers / ON for friendlist/squad.

Inviting players into a fireteam will enable VOIP for fireteam.

Main reason for this is to make it more friendly for new players that wants to try out multiplayer in Brink.

Enad
04-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Not really related to Mics, but I REALLY hope Brink has some sort of friend or squad system, and since it uses Steamworks I hope I can just invite my friends to join my game instead of him having to look for the same server.

ZernoK
04-07-2011, 04:03 PM
FIRETEAMS

- Fireteams in Brink support up to eight members
- There are several ways to get a fireteam started.

* If you invite one of your friends to your match, Brink will automatically try to put them in the same fireteam as you.
* If you join a friend on a server via the friends list, the game will try and do the same.
* You can also invite people who are in your match, or request to be invited to an existing fireteam via the scoreboard.

- Brink will automatically enable VoIP chat for all of the members in a fireteam.
- You cannot spawn on teammates - even in a fireteam.

Taken from the compendium.

sharkietoo
04-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Games like this & L4D....its not only a necessity but its also good fun. Nothing better than stirring your team mates & having a laugh. Makes ANY game more enjoyable.

Compare it to sitting mute & alone....and its a case of why bother??!!

Enad
04-07-2011, 05:08 PM
FIRETEAMS

- Fireteams in Brink support up to eight members
- There are several ways to get a fireteam started.

* If you invite one of your friends to your match, Brink will automatically try to put them in the same fireteam as you.
* If you join a friend on a server via the friends list, the game will try and do the same.
* You can also invite people who are in your match, or request to be invited to an existing fireteam via the scoreboard.

- Brink will automatically enable VoIP chat for all of the members in a fireteam.

Taken from the compendium.

Awesome! Thanks.

Parliamentarian
04-07-2011, 08:17 PM

Nice. I almost never choose to spawn on Squad Mates in BC2 because most of the time when I do, I immediately spawn into a wall of bullets. :o

But then again, sometimes I get 4 kills with a single sniper round because I see 1 guy and then the other 3 members of his Squad spawn in (and it spawns you in a PERFECTLY STRAIGHT LINE :mad:) right as I fire, going through every member.

Kewp
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
yeh i hope the mic system is good and clear
i'll be using mine.

AgingHobo
04-08-2011, 02:44 AM
I have no need to hear angry screaming teenagers while I play my games.
I can understand that somebody would want to communicate with his squad or friends though.

Kewp
04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
I have no need to hear angry screaming teenagers while I play my games.
I can understand that somebody would want to communicate with his squad or friends though.

thats wat the mute button is for

MUNKY.
04-08-2011, 05:29 AM
yes and it is to me essential to have one, yah the annoying squeaky voices get to me sometimes butt i always love to hear little kids cry in pain when they are getting rolled to LOL