PDA

View Full Version : An Alternate View

xHelljumperx
04-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey there! I've seen a lot of posts that have been seriously hammering this game, saying how buggy and laggy their gaming experience is and that it is unplayable but I just haven't had any of this.

I have the game completely maxed out and I run it on my 32" 1080p TV. Though there tends to be a bit of stutter at the beginning of a mission while everything loads in after that it runs smooth, with only minor hiccups from time to time. There is a lack of current generation effects like bloom, motion blur and such that was all over Wings of Prey, but the pure level of detail in all areas of this game is just superb. For example I was flying around in this Hurricane and was shot to pieces in a battle over Dover, with my engine being hit, oil leaking all over the cockpitís windshield I decided my best bet was to ditch the plane in an open field. On my way down a Messerschmitt thought he would come in for a coup de gr‚ce crippling my right wing and bursting my right tire. It was a messy landing but I came to a halt in a lush field next to a fully modeled and animated windmill, with smoke coming from my engine, fuel dripping from my right wing and the sun bursting through the clouds and I just thought... Epic!

I have played this game for over 5 hours now and I haven't had a single crash or major problem. I've played the training missions and am about 5-7 missions into the Cliffs of Dover campaign. All is good! I've never played the original but I do like the idea of sims and I'm a huge fan of the ArmA series. Iíve never played the original IL Sturmovik and have never invested in a joystick so Iíve just been playing on my xbox 360 controller and it works perfectly. Of course there are too many controls to map to the controller but I have had no problems what so ever.

The only actual problem I have noticed with this game is that the steam versionís multiplayer doesnít work. They have announced that a patch to fix this will be launched tomorrow!  Itís a shame that there are so many people out there having problems but I canít be the only one who is having a blast! I think this game is class and I reckon itís only going to get better!

My rig:
CPU: i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz ~ 4.7Ghz
RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz
GPU: x2 XFX 6950 4GB (total) Crossfire
Steam ID: Helljumper