PDA

View Full Version : HINTS! ...About gameplay

augusstus
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Just wanted to give a few tips to every new or existing players of Zeit2.

For Score Attack or Time Limit use Fast Forward as much as possible, because Fast Forward bonus is higher than a Perfect Time Travel, and with a few enemies even better then a Shockwave with PTT.

In survival use Fast Forward only early on, within first 5-7 minutes, because after that, 1 mistake can kill the ship because of the multiplied damage they cause. Also, only Fast Forward even on early stages if your health is above 100.

In the Waves mode, the more someone plays 1 level, the better someone can get. I made the mistake early on thinking that my ship has to be in that multiplier zone to gain that multiplied points for enemy kills. However, the score from killed enemies are multiplied by where they are being killed. If they shot down within the x6 multiplier zone and the player ship is cruising in the x1 zone, it still gives x6 the value of that destroyed enemy.

As of survival, it is again, practice, to gain higher scores. Also, if your ship is not the farthest on the left side, but rather leaving 1 ship length between the side of the screen and the ship, it will give you the chance to Travel Back in time and perform a Shockwave by being able to get behind your shadow. In many unexpected situations it can save the game, because 1 mistake can end it after 5 or 10 minutes.

Maybe it helps to jump-start some players! I hope to get some competition in the game, because I'm still enjoying to play it very much. :)

TB_BSG
04-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks augusstus for posting these helpful tipps!

In situations where there are a lot of enemies the shockwave + perfect time travel can give you more points than using fast forward.

When using a shockwave (in arcade mode, survival mode and score attack mode) the normal mulitplier does not count. Instead you get a multiplier depending on how many enemies you destroy with one shockwave. On top of that you can double the points (including the multipliers) by using PTT.

Shockwave multiplier works as follows:
1x 1st enemy
2x 2nd,3rd enemy
3x 4th,5th,6th ebemy
4x 7th,8th,9th,10th enemy
5x 11th,12th,13th,14th,15th enemy
6x ...

So using the shockwave can make your life easier but does not always give you the most points. It depends on what bonus multiplier you currently have compared to how many enemies you can wipe away with one shockwave.
Killing lots of enemies with one shockwave can have a big impact on your score!
In Wave mode, Tactics mode and Time Limit mode shockwaves don't give extra points. You should use it only in some rare cases in wave mode.

Have fun trying this out
Thomas
Brightside Games