PDA

View Full Version : Status on the patch?

Dri
04-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Well, I'm just one of those types who can't stand to play a game that isn't patched to its latest version and so ever since around two weeks ago when you released your patch for all the other non-Steam versions of this game I havn't touched it despite wanting to. >.>

So, are we gonna be getting that patch for Steam come Monday the 11th? Every weekday I see Steam posting more game updates under the news header but I am continually disappointed to see RotT not in there. =/

princec
04-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Well, I'm just one of those types who can't stand to play a game that isn't patched to its latest version and so ever since around two weeks ago when you released your patch for all the other non-Steam versions of this game I havn't touched it despite wanting to. >.>

So, are we gonna be getting that patch for Steam come Monday the 11th? Every weekday I see Steam posting more game updates under the news header but I am continually disappointed to see RotT not in there. =/

Still not a squeak from Valve. I just got back from holiday so I'll be pursuing them on Monday morning.

Cas :)

Xirvus.rei
04-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Yeah a patch would be great, seeing as I bought this, standalone, from Steam.

Whereas people who donated and paid what they wanted, get the patched version.

:(

NanostrikeX
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah a patch would be great, seeing as I bought this, standalone, from Steam.

Whereas people who donated and paid what they wanted, get the patched version.

:(

Yeah. The kicker is that my friend has the patched version and it has some nice little tweaks that I don't get when I play it on my PC!

Wrevan
04-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Starting to get annoyed at Steam policies. Why would they be holding up this patch?

I too, have just stopped playing until I can get it updated.

Spathy
04-18-2011, 11:38 PM
What i don't get is they (Valve) approve Super Meat Boy patches within 30minites and they ignore games like this.

princec
04-19-2011, 03:18 AM
Good news! Valve have resurfaced, so we should get a patch out Real Soon Now. The Mac build remains a mystery at this point but that will probably have a more proper "launch" when it goes live anyway.

Xorlathor
04-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Good news! Valve have resurfaced, so we should get a patch out Real Soon Now. The Mac build remains a mystery at this point but that will probably have a more proper "launch" when it goes live anyway.

Sweet can't wait!

princec
04-19-2011, 04:44 PM
patch uploaded.... awaiting Valve release....

Spathy
04-19-2011, 05:26 PM
patch uploaded.... awaiting Valve release....

Nice.

Patch notes?

Xorlathor
04-19-2011, 07:45 PM
WOOHOO downloading the patch from Steam right now, I don't think I've ever been more excited about any game update like this. :D Hopefully all future patches will only take ~30 minutes to be released so I can stand it.

MasterOfTheTide
04-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Just updated to 1.80.11

Bugs Fixed

Fixed: if Smartbomb is selected, then another option on the build menu is selected, you lose the smartbomb
Fixed: having an active smartbomb when you die leave the game in “smartbomb mode” so you got a free smartbomb upon restarting the level
Fixed: divide by zero error at seriously high difficulties in Endless mode level generator
Fixed: endless level 51 and above became suddenly insanely difficult
Fixed: level generator never ends if it generates a duff level
Fixed: clicking generate new easier level on wasn’t having any effect
Fixed: spider droids and ticks unable to squeeze through some gaps, so they refused to move and the level never ended

Balance

More mines!
More barricades!
Difficulty eased on later levels
Brought crystals a little closer to the base
Disruptors buffed to 32pts damage
Lasers nerfed to 1-8pts damage / tick
Crystal scavenging nerfed to 10%, which should encourage use of refineries a little more eh?
Reduced agitation caused by use of droids and heavy weapons by a factor of 2 (and also, the effect of decoys)

New Features and Enhancements

Mod support using the mods= commandline parameter! Separate jar file paths with system path separators.
Using mods segrates you on the survival hiscore table
Crystal scavenge rate boosted to 15% then 20% if you choose one or both refinery permabuffs (in any order)
You can hover over a crystal now to get the amount of money left in it (reprocessors etc. notwithstanding)

Internal

Game now uses Java 6 and is no longer Moleboxed. No more virus warnings! But we’ll have lost a tiny bit of performance and startup will be a bit slower.
Increased memory parameters to -Xms64m -Xmx375m for 64-bit VMs
Removed AdaptiveSizePolicy VM parameter
Split up sound and graphics jars each into 3 smaller jars
Games now look for a patch.jar in the game directory which is used in preference to the contents of the rest of the jars
One nice big MSVC solution to build all the launchers executable using the same code
Dug up some license documentation
Did the code for the Scarecrow and Cloaking Device
Moved loads of static final constants into XML so they can be modded
Multiple mods loaded in order on the commandline
Gidrahs that fail to find a route five consecutive times are killed (cause of death: grid bug)
Diagonally moving gidrahs were allowed to plot horizontal and vertical routes but then prevented from actually executing them
Increased hint duration from 7 to 10 seconds

Jashin
04-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh thank the TD gods, a patch is finally out

is the restart level bug fixed?? I don't see it in the note!?

princec
04-20-2011, 02:42 AM
Oh thank the TD gods, a patch is finally out

is the restart level bug fixed?? I don't see it in the note!?
Reckon so, if it's the bug I think it is.

Jashin
04-20-2011, 09:57 PM
It's not fixed :mad:

Not completely...

It's still possible to start a level with the threat level being green from the very start, halting the entire campaign and force me to delete my profile and make a new one...

I suspect it still has to do with restarting levels a lot. Around lvl 6, 7, 8 or 9 on earth this happens.

princec
04-21-2011, 01:55 AM
It's not fixed :mad:

Not completely...

It's still possible to start a level with the threat level being green from the very start, halting the entire campaign and force me to delete my profile and make a new one...

I suspect it still has to do with restarting levels a lot. Around lvl 6, 7, 8 or 9 on earth this happens.

What do you mean threat level green from the start?

Jashin
04-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Err...

I mean threat level indicator, the skull/titan's head/whatever, is supposed to be red at the beginning of a level, then turn green when I've beaten and won that level.

It's possible to start a new level with a green skull, have the level spawn nothing, and therefore getting me stuck on that level. It happens when I restart levels to get the "didn't scratch the paint" at the end for the early levels.

Jashin
05-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Did you reproduce the bug??? I'd like this bug fixed so I can play the game :)

princec
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Did you reproduce the bug??? I'd like this bug fixed so I can play the game :)

No, I haven't managed to reproduce it... you could help me though if you send me the zipped contents of your .revenge_of_the_titans_1.80 folder (to puppygames@gmail.com) and a brief explanation of what's going on so I've got a bit of context. I should be able to diagnose it really easily from there - please send it ASAP because I'm going to release 1.80.12 imminently and I don't want to leave a known bug in it!

BrettBourlon
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
No, I haven't managed to reproduce it... you could help me though if you send me the zipped contents of your .revenge_of_the_titans_1.80 folder (to puppygames@gmail.com) and a brief explanation of what's going on so I've got a bit of context. I should be able to diagnose it really easily from there - please send it ASAP because I'm going to release 1.80.12 imminently and I don't want to leave a known bug in it!

Does the new version contain the missing tech? What does it contain? :)

princec
05-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Does the new version contain the missing tech? What does it contain? :)

Yes, it's got the scarecrow, cloaking device, tank factory, and repair drones in it.

BrettBourlon
05-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Yes, it's got the scarecrow, cloaking device, tank factory, and repair drones in it.

YES!!!!

That is all. :)

Xorlathor
05-05-2011, 10:36 AM
YES!!!!

That is all. :)

1+.

Can't wait!

princec
05-05-2011, 12:41 PM
1+.

Can't wait!

Buffed tanks! Armed with lasers! Stick that in your survival mode and smoke it.

Jashin
05-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Okay I'll do it right now, just saw it.

ArthurSA
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Cas, thanks for the "remaining cash" tooltip on mouse over!

I know the requirements for the not-yet-enabled upgrades appear in their descriptions above the research selection area, but can we have them highlighted in the selection area itself?

Or maybe have the tech tree view back?

Perhaps being able to choose whether to use or not the cash bonus for registering the game when starting a campaign would be interesting?

Maybe also letting us copy/clone a profile too?

And a bug, I think: I am not getting the medal for refining all crystals when I refine all crystals. Could you please have a look? This is driving me crazy.

princec
05-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Cas, thanks for the "remaining cash" tooltip on mouse over!

I know the requirements for the not-yet-enabled upgrades appear in their descriptions above the research selection area, but can we have them highlighted in the selection area itself?

Or maybe have the tech tree view back?

Perhaps being able to choose whether to use or not the cash bonus for registering the game when starting a campaign would be interesting?

Maybe also letting us copy/clone a profile too?

And a bug, I think: I am not getting the medal for refining all crystals when I refine all crystals. Could you please have a look? This is driving me crazy.

We didn't quite have time to do the highlighting in the selection area this time around not least because there are some technical issues doing it ;) The tree view will never return as it's now far too complex to fit.

The refining crystals medal requires you to refine all the crystals before the timer runs out, not just refine all the crystals. This catches quite a few people out.

Clone profile would probably be handy.

ArthurSA
05-07-2011, 07:01 AM
We didn't quite have time to do the highlighting in the selection area this time around not least because there are some technical issues doing it ;) The tree view will never return as it's now far too complex to fit.

The refining crystals medal requires you to refine all the crystals before the timer runs out, not just refine all the crystals. This catches quite a few people out.

Clone profile would probably be handy.

Ah, many thanks for clarifying that. =]
I thought the "Refine all crystals in time" meant refining all crystals before the level ended.

BrettBourlon
05-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Could you have the humble team upload the new version? I like using the version without steam. Thank you for all your hard work. :)

ArthurSA
05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Also, will we still have 1.90 eventually, or is this one going to be the final (pernicious insects aside) version?

If 1.90 will come, what do you have planned for it?

Oh, I side with the people that might pay for a worthy DLC, as indie developers are narrowly making enough money to live proud and healthy. Alas, I am still against born-out-of-greed DLCs.