PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Launch Game, - EXE CANNOT FIND ZONE

yeesnaw
04-09-2011, 08:47 AM
First i get an error regarding WIN_IMPROPER_QUIT_BODY [YES][NO][CANCEL] all of the options still lead to an EXE_CANNOT_FIND_ZONE error. After closing this down it closes the box but leaves the process still running in the background. I've tried compatibility mode which left me on a loop and created BlackOpsMP.exe.XXXX.STEAMSTART files and still to no avail.

I've googled the first error which came up with various frenchie websites and even after using google translator is seemed that they still didn't sort the problem out or even get close to identifying the cause.

I've googled the second error which seems to be far more documented however alot of the solutions either involve a pirated copy, various cracks or a total re-installation which i cannot spare the bandwidth to do so.

Verifying the game cache downloads a 8.3mb file which has no affect and does not solve the problem and the same file will need to be re-downloaded with every verification.

I haven't downloaded the game rather, i've borrowed my friend's disks and installed the game and patched it which may have been the cause but I won't be putting any money down on it.

Please, help me out, i don't have very much bandwidth left and i'm looking for a quick fix or solution that doesn't require a total re-installation.

yeesnaw
04-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Ok, after looking at a video on youtube they told me to change my language, i changed it to Russian which requested a 1.7bg download then changed it back. I'm not sure if it will work and I'm very disappointed as i don't have a single friend that plays this game apart from the one who has got no internet left. Tomorrow I'll make a plan to go to the internet cafe and steal their BO files from them.

bettywhite
04-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Your friend probably bought the game from some Russian dude in order to get out of paying $60. There are English language files for the game floating around on Hotfile. Do some searches, download it, and then replace the "zone" folder in steam/steamapps/common/black ops

edit: check your messages

yeesnaw
04-09-2011, 11:29 PM
psst... guess what, that is exactly what has happened. You're a life saver IMO. Thanks for a simple fix and i wouldn't have been able to find it without you.
(oh, and it's $90 USD here)

peter45
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't have a Russian version, and own the game. It has been playing for months no problem, but now multiplayer comes up with the WIN_IMPROPER_QUIT_BODY EXE_CANNOT_FIND_ZONE message.
Would someone be able to help me here?
Thanks.

SparkyMcSparks
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Is your root directory missing localization.txt?

ATVIAssist
11-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Hello,

I suggest that you verify the game integrity. I have included a link below with instructions on how to do so.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

Let us know if it helps.

btdub
11-29-2011, 05:38 PM
For anyone still having this problem, check this out. Sometimes, the local Steam .ncf files can become "confused" (for lack of a better way to put it) after a language switch or a patch. I recommend the following:

Go into your C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops folder and delete any file or folder, i.e. - BlackOpsMP.exe or the \main\ folder.

After that is done, verify the integrity of your local cache.

By deleting the file and THEN verifying, it will prompt steam to rebuild your local .ncf file (which contains the local storage information for the game) and will re-download the most current files, as well as the file or folder that had just been deleted.

Hope this helps :D

rokeliuxx
02-11-2014, 01:03 PM
For anyone still having this problem, check this out. Sometimes, the local Steam .ncf files can become "confused" (for lack of a better way to put it) after a language switch or a patch. I recommend the following:

Go into your C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops folder and delete any file or folder, i.e. - BlackOpsMP.exe or the \main\ folder.

After that is done, verify the integrity of your local cache.

By deleting the file and THEN verifying, it will prompt steam to rebuild your local .ncf file (which contains the local storage information for the game) and will re-download the most current files, as well as the file or folder that had just been deleted.

Hope this helps :D

I love you. All these years I had to play a Russian version of the game. Well no more!!!