PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips?

Weebletns
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to get this game's potato, which requires getting a score of above 50,000 on a certain song.

I just fall through the level, which kisses everything in one long chain giving me a constant score multiplier of x5... and I always finish with around 15,000 points.

Since there don't seem to be any guides online yet, does anyone know how to score more points aside from just passing by everything and trying to hit the 10-hoops?

vandoo99999
04-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I can't get over 35k... am I missing something, or is it just hard?

Weebletns
04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
It seems that playing the song on the second city yields more points than the first (which makes sense seeing as one is easy and one is normal).

I've also figured out that the 'q' and 'e' keys allow you to rotate yourself according to the red arrows, netting points if you hit them.

But, it still doesn't seem like it'll add up to 50,000. Perhaps there's a combination of genes that create a harder mode that gives more points?

ANeM
04-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Just focus on the arrows. If you get about 90% of the arrows, and never crash you should be fine. Fall back to the middle when you finish a set of arrows, shoot enemies when you can (They are valued equal with the black circles, so don't go too far out of your way)

Also, try to get a double multiplier before the third arrow, and triple by the time you start getting a lot of hexagons.

In the long section between the second and third arrow it is more valuable to build up the kiss chain for multipliers then to worry about the circles. Circles come at such a slow rate there that the doubling the arrow points should cover what you missed, and it helps you because circles start to come a lot faster after that.. and those will benefit greatly from the multiplier.

It is worth noting that the level is pre-built for this song, the game bypasses the city generators and just runs a map that was hand made. Changing genes does nothing, using city 12 over 11b does nothing. The level is always the same. Think of it as a "boss" level.

The closest I've gotten so far is 97%.. and I was pretty much screaming when that happened.. Just one more arrow and I'd have made it. I want my 6th potato :(

vandoo99999
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Just focus on the arrows. If you get about 90% of the arrows, and never crash you should be fine. Fall back to the middle when you finish a set of arrows, shoot enemies when you can (They are valued equal with the black circles, so don't go too far out of your way)

Also, try to get a double multiplier before the third arrow, and triple by the time you start getting a lot of hexagons.

In the long section between the second and third arrow it is more valuable to build up the kiss chain for multipliers then to worry about the circles. Circles come at such a slow rate there that the doubling the arrow points should cover what you missed, and it helps you because circles start to come a lot faster after that.. and those will benefit greatly from the multiplier.

It is worth noting that the level is pre-built for this song, the game bypasses the city generators and just runs a map that was hand made. Changing genes does nothing, using city 12 over 11b does nothing. The level is always the same. Think of it as a "boss" level.

The closest I've gotten so far is 97%.. and I was pretty much screaming when that happened.. Just one more arrow and I'd have made it. I want my 6th potato :(

Thanks, +rep

Weebletns
04-09-2011, 11:13 PM
+rep from me too, that advice took me from 75% to 83% :)

This is a brutal potato :o

Edit: 86%
Edit2: 89%
Edit3 91%

soviet_sharkey
04-10-2011, 08:51 AM
I played Lonely Island Incredibad and was 2k away :(

CyberSoniX
04-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I also have my problems with it, I don't even get close to 50%