PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to fix leather boots?

NotYourHero
04-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Ok the leather at the top toe part of my new boots ripped and they are just past the return date sadly. I had an accident today that resulted in being dragged 3 - 5 yards behind a pickup truck. Besides a nice big round scrape on my knee, im fine, but i cant afford new boots. Looking for a cheap way to fix them, as this hole now kills the water proof in the one boot.

Parliamentarian
04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Sew a patch a leather over the hole, or take it to a cobbler. Though chances are you could get a new pair of shoes cheaper than it would be to repair the ones you have.

NotYourHero
04-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Sew a patch a leather over the hole, or take it to a cobbler. Though chances are you could get a new pair of shoes cheaper than it would be to repair the ones you have.

eh, that sucks. I can just live with it. I rather not buy new boots. I make my boots last me 1 - 2 years, thats just how I am.

NotYourHero
04-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Ha, found a cheap solution. I'm going to take a leather patch or piece of leather and use gorilla glue to hold it on. That stuff is water proof so it will make a good seal.

Thoughts?

Odra
04-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I guess that would work, if you want to make it less noticeable apply the patch from inside the boot with whatever glue you want, then spread a bit of shoegoo on the rip to waterproof it.

You could mix some coloring to the shoegoo to match the boot.