PDA

View Full Version : Predictable Youtube Comments

Rikachu
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
(This is a rant)

I see them everywhere on that damn site. If you ever stepped foot on youtube, you most likely saw them too. It's absolutely annoying to see so many people post these kind of dumb, unoriginal, and unfunny comments. And they are almost always highest rated. Allow me to list a few...

"*number of dislikes* people..."
Probably the most common one. And the worst. 95% of them are unfunny and are usually a sad attempt in getting a bunch of thumbs ups. In youtube land, a thumbs up is apparently the equivalent to a pot of internet rep.
"I like the part where *something obvious*"
Also annoying. Not as common as the dislikes comment but still annoying. I remember a long long time ago I read a comment like this and I had a good laugh out of it. Now these days, people seem to throw around this comment as if they are clever and original.
"Is the *something unimportant* okay?"
A less common one, but I'm afraid it's going to be an insanely popular comment that is blurted out on every other video in the future. This comment is usually said to insult the person or even animal that actually got hurt. A year ago it was funny, since not every god damn person in the world was saying it as if they invented the joke.
"Press *number*"
Thankfully, for the most part, this one is mildly amusing. If you don't know what kind of comment this is, it's when you press a number on your keyboard when playing the video. The video will then skip to a certain part of the video and so pressing a combination of numbers will usually yield interesting results. Unfortunately, I have lately been seeing these kind of comments that simply don't point out anything funny or interesting at all; they are just there to waste space and not even offer a chuckle. Take note, that I see this on too many videos to count. I never thought I got annoyed that easily until I realized what a bunch of people who are trying to be funny are capable of.
"Thumbs up if..."
Bah I don't need to explain this one. Rep ♥♥♥♥♥s.

Okay, I know I come off as raging, but nobody else seems to acknowledge the fact that youtube is full of annoying little kids who try to be funny at every attempt. Yeah okay, I like to read comments, but it bothers me a lot when I find out that nearly every high rated comment is one of these. I enjoy originality, and there seems to be none of it when it comes to youtube comments.

At least the TF2 forum is funny. :o

EDIT: Found a list. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Memes/YouTube?from=Main.YouTubeMemes)

Cheezburgers
04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Youtube is just a massive hive for terrible people.

I tend to ignore the comments, to save myself losing more faith in humanity.

imeem
04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
This all started when youtube introduced the likes, dislikes, thumbs up and down. I like the Stars rating better.

you forgot the "In soviet russia" joke

Firestorm998
04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
"Thumbs up if..."
Don't forget Thumps up too.

fr00bl3t
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
losing more faith in humanity.

There wasn't faith to begin with, noob!

Jderz
04-11-2011, 05:40 PM
"fay and gake"

Cheezburgers
04-11-2011, 05:41 PM

Thats also overused to hell on these forums too unfortunately :/

joeylawn
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
This all started when youtube introduced the likes, dislikes, thumbs up and down. I like the Stars rating better.

In Broviet Russia (no moar Soviet), Video Rates You!

there

Bearkin
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
You forgot the type where they make fun of Justin Bieber.

stillmatic07
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I love the "WOW I CANT BELIEVE I GOT SO MANY THUMBS UP."

Those crack me up :D

methodman123
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Lebron's phone doesn't ring or Im as good as lebron cause we both have no rings or TRAVEL :D

joeylawn
04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm seeing a lot of "Everybody needs to shut up about Chuck Norris" comments and the like lately....:(

Cheezburgers
04-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Thats also overused to hell on these forums too unfortunately :/

In Broviet Russia (no moar Soviet), Video Rates You!

there

Thank you for proving my point.

Firestorm998
04-11-2011, 05:51 PM
That depends a lot on what you are viewing.

bluz74
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Thank you for proving my point.

In Soviet Russia burgers cheez you!

A Guy
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Youtube commenters are actually more annoying than Bluz.

...and I didn't know that was possible.

Edit: Another one of his cheezy posts sneaked in before I could finish...

Relax Baby
04-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm seeing a lot of "Everybody needs to shut up about Chuck Norris" comments and the like lately....:(

I hate chuck norris. I hate the idea of him. I hate comments about him. I hate conversations about him. I hate his face. I hate his hair. And I hate how even though I have never seen a single episode of Walker Texas Ranger, I feel like I know the character chuck plays on a personal level.

I hate nuck chorris.

Excygy
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
on electro/bustep videos :

It's filthier then "insert dirty stuff"
My neighbor are gonna listen to this song, by force.
X peopel are justin bieber fans.

etc...

MaximilianZakes
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
You forgot one, OP.

**[QUOTES SCENE FROM VIDEO]**
Some guy just quotes his favorite part and he gets 100 thumbs up.

Not everyone on YouTube is terrible. As a Downfall Parody maker (or Unterganger, as we call each other), I will say that we are generally a very easy going bunch. :)

bluz74
04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Youtube commenters are actually more annoying than Bluz.

...and I didn't know that was possible.

...:(...

TimM
04-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Steam forums are just as bad with all of that.

MaximilianZakes
04-11-2011, 05:58 PM
In Soviet Russia burgers cheez you!

In Soviet Russia, Post posts you!

... Yeah, that was a pretty cheesy one. Let's get back to the topic before the thread gets closed.

Rikachu
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Right, I would appreciate if you guys didn't get my thread locked. ;)

MaximilianZakes
04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Right, I would appreciate if you guys didn't get my thread locked. ;)

I understand 100%! ;)

But I have to agree with one of the other posters, you forgot to add "The (insert #) people who disliked this song are Justin Bieber fans". That's pretty much everywhere.

Speaking of him, I found a hilarious but true YouTube comment. Go to Google Translate and set it to "English to Vietnamese". Then, type in: "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty" and translate. Copy the Vietnamese translation and set it to "Vietnamese to English" and paste.

Try it! It's hilarious! :D

Bearkin
04-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I understand 100%! ;)

But I have to agree with one of the other posters, you forgot to add "The (insert #) people who disliked this song are Justin Bieber fans". That's pretty much everywhere.

What, you're too lazy to quote me?

Fine, I won't quote you!

Wait..

XmXFLUXmX
04-11-2011, 06:25 PM
"TROLL!" "RACIST!"

Lazychip
04-11-2011, 06:27 PM
What about a Halo: Reach video and then you see the dislikes and down in one of the comments it'll say "580 CoD fans disliked this."

Stuff like that jaratees me off.

Grrrr, I just saw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru3gH27Fn6E
"9 people didn't know what they wanted."

TimM
04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Well, it is of course ok to dislike those two franchises.

MaximilianZakes
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
What, you're too lazy to quote me?

Fine, I won't quote you!

Wait..

But I have to agree with Bearkin, you forgot to add "The (insert #) people who disliked this song are Justin Bieber fans". That's pretty much everywhere.

Sorry 'bout that. :)

Flurgorg
04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I think general racism and wishing harm on others covers about 90% of YouTube comments.

Bearkin
04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
But I have to agree with Bearkin, you forgot to add "The (insert #) people who disliked this song are Justin Bieber fans". That's pretty much everywhere.

Sorry 'bout that. :)

hehehe =D

Antikythera
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
The YouTube Comment Snob (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/youtube-comment-snob/)

This Firefox Add-on will make your YouTube Browsing so much better.

Chaos303
04-11-2011, 07:14 PM
The Internet is just a massive hive for terrible people.

Fixed.

OmegaXtreme420
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
music vids turn into jusin bieber hate

Bugs Bunny
04-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I liked the part where OP complained about youtube comments.

CTRL ALT DEL !
04-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Youtube makes me see Red....

Freeman45
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Just copy/paste jokes.. nothing ever original on youtube. But everytime you see a copy/paster, call him/her out on the unoriginality, do it for the greater good.

You want funny responces? check out liveleak, comedy gold!

imeem
04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
"dis i like"

Freeman45
04-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Youtube makes me see Red....

This forum makes me see pink.

stillmatic07
04-11-2011, 08:59 PM
You'd have some balls to thumbs down anything in soviet russia.

Desol8tor
04-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm afraid to mimic a youtube "thumbs up/rep me" comment with a SPUF twist at the risk of getting banned :(

Deadly_Target
04-11-2011, 09:04 PM
rep up if u think those utube coments are anoying !!!!!!!

Flurgorg
04-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Thumbs up if you like the part where people posted replies about 42 people who like this thread because they are Justin beiber fans that press 3 then 4 to see him faceplant, but I hope the plant is ok.

Meallme0
04-11-2011, 09:25 PM
And then, like, I punched that bear, right in it's stupid bear face, and then shouted, like, BEAR! GET DOWN FROM THERE GYRADOS! And then automatic happy sign between friends ate the news and I am begin the fight bear with bear hands with fight at the bowling diner and then went so far as to decide as to what to look as.

JayceM
04-11-2011, 09:27 PM
The only ones that annoy me are when people quote what happened in the video. It's like that really annoying friend who quotes a part of the movie after it happened.

hahaokayman
04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
You say Justin Bieber I says Led Zeppelin
You say Ke$ha and I say and so on and so forth

Achillies
04-11-2011, 09:52 PM
co za asy

ozku
04-11-2011, 10:08 PM
We also need a rant of every single overused comment on these forums that needs to die now.

Ihavenoidea
04-12-2011, 12:04 AM
346 people ignored this thread.

DAWeeE1
04-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I've never noticed the third one, and the fourth can actually be quite funny at times. The rest is just a way to gain the most thumbs-ups. Stupid, yes. Can you do anything about it? Not really.

Rkade
04-12-2011, 12:44 AM
OP needs to spend less time on youtube. How much time do you spend on youtube to actually type out a rant about some freaking comments.

Take a chill pill.

Europhoria
04-12-2011, 01:01 AM
You forgot the videos where somebody feels the need to type "FIRST."

Shadoww0lf
04-12-2011, 01:08 AM
(This is a rant)

I see them everywhere on that damn site. If you ever stepped foot on youtube, you most likely saw them too. It's absolutely annoying to see so many people post these kind of dumb, unoriginal, and unfunny comments. And they are almost always highest rated. Allow me to list a few...

"*number of dislikes* people..."
Probably the most common one. And the worst. 95% of them are unfunny and are usually a sad attempt in getting a bunch of thumbs ups. In youtube land, a thumbs up is apparently the equivalent to a pot of internet rep.
"I like the part where *something obvious*"
Also annoying. Not as common as the dislikes comment but still annoying. I remember a long long time ago I read a comment like this and I had a good laugh out of it. Now these days, people seem to throw around this comment as if they are clever and original.
"Is the *something unimportant* okay?"
A less common one, but I'm afraid it's going to be an insanely popular comment that is blurted out on every other video in the future. This comment is usually said to insult the person or even animal that actually got hurt. A year ago it was funny, since not every god damn person in the world was saying it as if they invented the joke.
"Press *number*"
Thankfully, for the most part, this one is mildly amusing. If you don't know what kind of comment this is, it's when you press a number on your keyboard when playing the video. The video will then skip to a certain part of the video and so pressing a combination of numbers will usually yield interesting results. Unfortunately, I have lately been seeing these kind of comments that simply don't point out anything funny or interesting at all; they are just there to waste space and not even offer a chuckle. Take note, that I see this on too many videos to count. I never thought I got annoyed that easily until I realized what a bunch of people who are trying to be funny are capable of.
"Thumbs up if..."

Okay, I know I come off as raging, but nobody else seems to acknowledge the fact that youtube is full of annoying little kids who try to be funny at every attempt. Yeah okay, I like to read comments, but it bothers me a lot when I find out that nearly every high rated comment is one of these. I enjoy originality, and there seems to be none of it when it comes to youtube comments.

At least the TF2 forum is funny. :o

EDIT: Found a list. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Memes/YouTube?from=Main.YouTubeMemes)

1 person likes these comments.

Firestorm998
04-12-2011, 03:07 AM
You forgot the videos where somebody feels the need to type "FIRST."
FIFTY-FOURTH!

ggplayer
04-12-2011, 04:17 AM
What those comments that are like chain mail? Copy and paste this to 10 other videos otherwise YOU'LL DIE!

Seriously, whats the point?

Europhoria
04-12-2011, 04:23 AM
What those comments that are like chain mail? Copy and paste this to 10 other videos otherwise YOU'LL DIE!

Seriously, whats the point?

And if you do, you'll be kissed by your crush on Friday (fun fun fun), or something like that.