PDA

View Full Version : I can't download the game

semo_86
04-14-2011, 04:14 AM
Hello people,

Yesterday I bought Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty but when I try to download the game, steam says that the servers are busy and that I've to try to download later.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5483-YUFN-0521

I've tried the possible solutions which are mentioned on the website above but the problem still occurs.

Does anyone know the solution ?

Thanks in advance for the replys

Allahedin
04-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I havnt found the solution yet, but have exactly the same problem.

Fuel75
04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Same issue here as well. Some assistance from Steam would be appriciated

tomflex82
04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
I have the same problem and contacted the Steam Support but have not yet received an answer...

semo_86
04-16-2011, 08:28 AM
It is not acceptable anymore. I started a case on Paypal, maybe I can get my money back.

steve_montana
04-16-2011, 09:28 AM
I have exactly the same problem.

yetisteele
04-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I as well have the same problem:mad:Steam needs to figure this out and give us a response or our money back!:o

semo_86
04-17-2011, 04:55 PM
they also don't give answer to my questions on supportpage. I've learned my lesson. Next time I'll download the games that I want from torrentsites.

tomflex82
04-19-2011, 02:30 AM
My question was not answered until now. There is simply no support at all which is a terrible thing... Very disappointed from STEAM!

steve_montana
04-20-2011, 08:16 AM
One week after I bought the game, paid the money, still can't download/play it. They don't even bother to reply to my support ticket. Crappy service, Steam.

tomflex82
04-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Finally, after this long waiting time i got the following answer:

Hello xxx, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. We apologize for the delay. Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it). Delete all of the files in this folder except: The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (If 'exe' is not visible, look for the black and white Steam icon) Restart your computer. Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut. With Steam running, re-test the original issue. Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games. If the issue persists, view the following article for further troubleshooting: Title: Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493 If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Unfortunately, the game still doesn't download.

I have enough - i wan't my money back and will avoid Steam from up to now!

steve_montana
04-21-2011, 01:00 PM
They still haven't replied to my question, so I just decided to try the solution that was suggested to the previous poster. Didn't change a thing.

And that link to fix connection issues, is that some kind of joke? I don't have any connection issues, my other Steam games update just fine. What's next? A page on how to fix your video card? A tutorial on how to set up a surround system?

a-wengerjr
04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I had the same problem.

Forget about Steam and their shortcomings with this particular game.

You all have the games product key / CD-key. It's yours, you own it. Copy it.

What is the simplest solution when STEAM wont download the game, but you own the game..?

Where can you download it then...?

Think.

LordZarmack
04-22-2011, 03:14 PM
youve bought the new 1 right age of dy- ect ect yeah u buy the origional game- read --

http://www.patrician4.com/en/index.php

if your like me and have just bought "the rise of dynasty" without cheking u need the origional,.... or assuming tht you dident relly need it becouse steem alowed you to buy it, your wrong no dam blockers like usual.

however steem should have not alowed me/ any 1 who dousn't have the origional instaled to buy the game- it screws me over tht issue over the fact i cant get arma 2 operation arrowheads, brittish forces dlc, saying i dont have the orig, when i dam well do- ither way out of 16 and nothing gained, cheers steem

deadwulfe
04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Really? You didn't see the purple box that tells you that you need the base game?

othoren
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Getting NON - Steam Ad-on to work on Steam Patrician 4

Works fine btw, just installed and I can play Rise of Dynasty without signing into steam at all. It did install to the same directory as steam but the EXE doesn't need steam to play.

So if you bought Patrician 4 and it wont' download follow our friends advice and get a copy of the game elsewhere maybe even dubiously and then plop in your key.

Everyone got there money, can't see anything illegal about it.