PDA

View Full Version : Race On & Graphics

Kimohboda
04-14-2011, 07:00 AM
More and more i read about people complaining about the outdated graphics of Race On. Well, i have the solution for you: buy race games from CM, EA and Atari. I saw the graphics of Shift 2 and it looks stunning. Dirt 3 will also be stunning. If you want very sharp and up to date graphics, go buy something else than Race On.
Race On is about racing and not presenting the best graphics in a racegame like CM and EA do.

triskele10
04-14-2011, 07:22 AM
My Race On looks very good and I'm happy with it.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7955/97525022.jpg

JoeSlow
04-14-2011, 09:50 AM
My Race On looks very good and I'm happy with it.

Yes, me too.

One thing more important to me is driving physics.
I don't really like the racing games of EA.
They don't feel "real" to me.

Kimohboda
04-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Im with you guys! At the moment im very happy with the current Race 07 graphics. But i must admit the graphics differ from those new "arcadish" race games being released from EA and CM who are compelling to release race games with the newest graphical gimmicks. I race Race 07 and all expansion purely because of the cars physics and the whole setup of creating races. The fact that it also looks very nice becomes at the second place for me.

kyleh613
04-21-2011, 08:06 AM
It's not so much that SimBin intentionally makes games that don't look next generation, it's that they are a small indie developer; they don't have the money or resources to create a graphics engine that is cutting edge.

I like SimBin's racing games and play them quite a bit but I still go for Forza 3 the most myself. That game is a really good blend of realism and graphics and it has the best car selection of any racing sim to date.

Scott3vil
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Simbin are working on their own engine after being cut off from the ISI license which is what they use currenty.The old cube engine is from the EA f1 era so it looks far better than EAs work but yes they look dated because of the tech they are licensed to use.I dont know how far they have gottent with their new engine but they had better hurry up as ISI will have rFactor2 out soon enough and that engine is the einstein of racing code.