PDA

View Full Version : BC2 anybody else getting tired of servers running instant vehicle repsawn

AllenSugar
04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
seriously i dont have a problem with tanks or helicopters there not really Op (except chopper flares lol) but man its really aggravating to see tanks every 30 secs it gets very tiresome to see ppl who dont have a kill outside vehicles because when you destroy a tank 30 seconds later there another tank with the same guy in it

will_save
04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
seriously i dont have a problem with tanks or helicopters there not really Op (except chopper flares lol) but man its really aggravating to see tanks every 30 secs it gets very tiresome to see ppl who dont have a kill outside vehicles because when you destroy a tank 30 seconds later there another tank with the same guy in it

Normally, I would agree with you. In BFBC2 though I actually kind of like it because it keeps vehicles in the fight in a game where they aren't as prominent as they were in BF2. It also gives everybody a chance to use one since they spawn before the previous pilot can respawn and camp it again.

I hardly ever use vehicles, and don't play heavy metal servers or anything like that, I just see it a different way I guess. It prevents the same noob from wasting the vehicles every single time.

AllenSugar
04-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Normally, I would agree with you. In BFBC2 though I actually kind of like it because it keeps vehicles in the fight in a game where they aren't as prominent as they were in BF2. It also gives everybody a chance to use one since they spawn before the previous pilot can respawn and camp it again.

I hardly ever use vehicles, and don't play heavy metal servers or anything like that, I just see it a different way I guess. It prevents the same noob from wasting the vehicles every single time.

more or less its the same guy who keeps jumping in the vehicles after he dies

will_save
04-14-2011, 05:21 PM
more or less its the same guy who keeps jumping in the vehicles after he dies

That's the other players fault for not taking advantage of his respawn time though. I mean it's totally opinion, but meh.

lilbabycat
04-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Instant Vehicle Respawn servers are good for maps like Heavy Metal, where there are PLENTY of vehicles. It makes the server basically a "vehicles and explosives" server, and not really intended for infantry running+gunning.

Good place to practice shooting Heli's out of the sky with AT-4's and tanks.

DTKT
04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Its not that common. The only server Ive seen with the modification was a 24/7 Heavy Metal.

Niscimble
04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I like it on big maps like Heavy Metal and Harvest Day where they are very vehicle oriented.

scorpio0666
04-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Awww...I don't mind too much. It is annoying to see guys with nothing but vehicle kills, or the guys who circle and spawnkill in a chopper. On the other hand it gives my Engineer plenty of chances to get vehicle kills. ;)

Monkeymagic
04-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Quick respawn (not quite instant, but quicker then usual) is on a fair few heavymetal servers, simply cos the map is huge and it takes ages to walk anywhere.

Grunt7684
04-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Quick respawn (not quite instant, but quicker then usual) is on a fair few heavymetal servers, simply cos the map is huge and it takes ages to walk anywhere.

In that instance it's OK IMO. I was on a server once that had the respawn so ridiculously short that once a heli crashed at spawn by a noob, the next chopper spawed on top of the debris from the previous one and so was unusable and guaranteed to crash on takeoff out of being at a crazy angle due to the debris underneath it. The end result was a very quick succession of helicopters getting destroyed at spawn. Ha.

Anyway, for most maps, I think the normal respawn rate is fine.

Defiant Wolf
04-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. But as far as I'm concerned, vehicles are point pinatas so keep them coming.

I'm actually more annoyed at the plethora of noob only, Atacama only, and Heavy Metal only servers. >< And don't get me wrong, I'm glad new people have a place to practice - but its' getting harder and harder for me to find a server as a 50 that won't kick me based on level alone. (pretty sad considering I'm by no means a "super" player. Barely above average, if anything) or is only playing the two maps I despise the most.

Redtide
04-15-2011, 10:31 AM
It's ok on Conquest as both sides usually get an even number of vehicles but it can be pretty broken on rush. A good example is Arica Harbor first stage. Defenders get their tanks back and defending almost intantly while attackers have to drive theirs all the way to the front, not get traced, take out enemy tanks, and somehow contribute to the push in the 10 or so second window before another tank gets to the line.

So yeah, most conquests maps it isn't too bad. Rush can be abysmal though.