ACIDFAN
04-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Global cooldown. :o

Kailieann
04-15-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, no.

SpectralShade
04-15-2011, 01:31 PM
With class skill maxed and the right gear, cooldowns wasn't the game mechanic it was supposed to be in ME1.

ACIDFAN
04-15-2011, 02:37 PM
With class skill maxed and the right gear, cooldowns wasn't the game mechanic it was supposed to be in ME1.

Having a hard time understanding what you're saying shade.

Is it

Cooldowns in ME2 aren't supposed to be the same as ME1

or

Cooldowns in ME1 aren't functioning as they were supposed to??

I figure you're going for the former in which case I reply, Duh.

Kailieann
04-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Both, actually, as evidenced by the fact that Immunity's duration is longer than its cooldown, effectively giving Soldiers and Vanguards a permanent 80% damage reduction while still being able to spam all of their other skills.

arizonachris
04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Global cooldown. :o

Well, dude, what are you asking? Cool down's in ME1 didn't always work right. Had to switch weapons to get the stupid gun to fire again sometimes! Glitch, yeah, big time. Even then at times the gun would not cool down! Save game, exit and restart. *gack*:o

ME2 didn't have cool downs, you had to find ammo.

So, take your choice. Cool down's or ammo. ;)

johnhughthom
04-15-2011, 03:57 PM

Another way to put that would be, cool downs or totally mess up the series' lore?

Kailieann
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, dude, what are you asking? Cool down's in ME1 didn't always work right. Had to switch weapons to get the stupid gun to fire again sometimes! Glitch, yeah, big time. Even then at times the gun would not cool down! Save game, exit and restart. *gack*:o

ME2 didn't have cool downs, you had to find ammo.

Cooldown refers to the time it takes, after using a power, before you can use that power again.

Weapon overheating has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Piez
04-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Cooldown refers to the time it takes, after using a power, before you can use that power again.

Global chooldowns make more sense to me. However i would like to see it adjusted slightly so it cools down in groups, i.e all biotics will go into cool down if you use a biotic power but you could still use ammo powers or tech, and vise versa

arizonachris
04-16-2011, 02:04 AM

Yo. OK, now I understand, but, as I pointed out before, I wasn't sure what this member was asking. There is a cooldown, then a cooldown. Weapon overheat means cooldown. Using powers mean cooldown. Get my drift? ;)