PDA

View Full Version : Tripwire better step up

HAO
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
First off I own RO and KF and love Tripwire.

This was the only fps game that I was excited for but lately with all these Battlefield 3 trailers my mind is starting to sway.

I swear I haven't heard any news or seen any new videos for ROHOS in like months. Just saw the new Battlefield trailer today and I got chills, no lie. I played the crap out of BF2 so I know what to expect.

Only one fps game will steal most of my time and right now it's a toss up, maybe leaning to BF3 side but that can change.

Cmon Tripwire step it up!

:D

cheeseus
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
BF3 is probably going to be a lame generic shooter made for the money they can rip off their customers. Now with prone!

Yoshiro
04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
We put up a weekly dev blog, so tune in for the latest RO 2 information. Plus there will be more global RO 2 news as we move through the beta phases. We just hit art content lock so the art team can now focus on pretty pictures and movies rather than content creation.

HAO
04-15-2011, 10:02 PM
We put up a weekly dev blog, so tune in for the latest RO 2 information. Plus there will be more global RO 2 news as we move through the beta phases. We just hit art content lock so the art team can now focus on pretty pictures and movies rather than content creation.

That is great news and ty for the response. I was just worried a little and am starting to get anxious for a new fps. Seems like it's been years lol.

Any news on a Collector's Edition?

flarp
04-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Really? I'm the opposite.

As more and more is revealed about BF3, the less interested i become (and this is coming from a longtime BF fan).

Seems outright generic; especially the SP. The mp will just most likely be a rehashed version of BC2 with slight larger maps at the most...

oh yeah and no mod tool or lan :/

cheeseus
04-16-2011, 08:53 AM

As more and more is revealed about BF3, the less interested i become (and this is coming from a longtime BF fan).

Seems outright generic; especially the SP. The mp will just most likely be a rehashed version of BC2 with slight larger maps at the most...

Yeah, it just seems to become a lame generic shooter made for the money they can rip off from the CODMW2/BLOPS etc fans

Heids24
04-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Who cares about the single player??? It's Battlefield! Anyway, I am totally pumped about BF3, but equally as pumped about RO2. The two most anticipated games of the year for me. Bring em on!

Mikeedude
04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
I intend to have both games at some point,and feel there is no comparison between the two.
Both are totally different games and with I will probably play both quite a bit.

louchy
04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
As far as I'm concerned RO has always had a fiercly loyal fanbase and I'm more than happy to play with those guys, let the BF'ers play their new game, and let us play ours.

flarp
04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Who cares about the single player??? It's Battlefield! Anyway, I am totally pumped about BF3, but equally as pumped about RO2. The two most anticipated games of the year for me. Bring em on!

I'm certainly interested, though i'm not as "pumped" for BF3 as for RO2.

I'll just wait and see before i buy BF3.

Also, considering the fact that an SP has been included, it is fair game to critique it; if nobody cared they wouldnt have added it.

Me personaly, since i dont think anything unique will come from the SP, i wish they would scrap the SP and just add bots...

Pixel Knight
04-20-2011, 04:59 PM
This game is higher on my list than bf3, but I'm totally pumped for both of these games. The end of 2011 is gonna rock!

DarkLiberator
04-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Playing both BF3 and RO2. They both seem like fun.

Stevecouch
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I read this a while back on PC gamer..

Less isn’t always more—a first-person cover system, believable recoil, unapologetically huge maps, and being able to vault over almost anything are all ways of letting players express themselves. More importantly, these strides toward realism rarely felt at the expense of playability. It’s delightfully counter-intuitive that the real innovation in first-person shooters isn’t coming from the modern battlefields of 2011 and beyond, but from those of 1942.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/11/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad-preview/
Sums up how I am feeling about most FPS these days, I am not needing all of the fluff (perks, killstreaks, leaderboards) that games use these days in an attempt to keep me playing the game.

RO2 is releasing tools from day one, and as my part of a clan with 200+ members, I am buying it.

I don't need a release of the same game with an updated engine every year, with new fluff but the same childish players. I am wanting a game that I play for years, that promotes the gaming community.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FPS games, and play in competitive matches in COD4 and 5, and I also think the Frostebite 2.0 looks spectacular, and I may even buy the game on release, I just do not like the way that game makers are splitting up the community, and do not realize the full potential of the PC gaming community, this is something that I believe TWI is going to tap into...

hardcoregamer
04-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, it just seems to become a lame generic shooter made for the money they can rip off from the CODMW2/BLOPS etc fans

I glad I am not alone with these feelings.. As I would state BF2 is the greatest PC game ever created for a real gamer, BF3 seems like nothing short of a hoax.

100% Hype. with little to nothing shown. Complete secrecy... Combine this with the past 5 years of internet scamarketing and red flags are raised above and beyond all meters.

All BF3 has shown is short shots of cinematics inside their game... NOTE The teaser videos and commercials state footage was from in game... Note, they are specifically using generic terminology not mentioning GAME PLAY, because it wasn't game play it was cinematics.

It also seems to try and hide everything you can possibly make out about the game and game play by using special effects to blind and distort the viewer wathcing these teasers. (A HUGE RED FLAG) Absolutely nothing shown about game play, team play, vehicles, weapons, or what to expect.

To top it off, its for console.. and anyone who wants to argue this can go in their bathroom and beat off to themselves arguing... you don't make a game different much between console and PC, it don't work like that, the dynamics would change so much it wouldnt even be close to the same game.. So ugh yeah... failed from start..

Which is the exact reason why all above is hidden.... If they wanted to sell this game and it was great, they'd show it and ram it down your throat..

BF3 is looking to be the biggest dud of the year, and the morons suits hyping this and trying to milk the hype are helping us to put them out of business, which is much what this industry needs to turn around..

cheeseus
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
I glad I am not alone with these feelings.. As I would state BF2 is the greatest PC game ever created for a real gamer, BF3 seems like nothing short of a hoax.

100% Hype. with little to nothing shown. Complete secrecy... Combine this with the past 5 years of internet scamarketing and red flags are raised above and beyond all meters.

All BF3 has shown is short shots of cinematics inside their game... NOTE The teaser videos and commercials state footage was from in game... Note, they are specifically using generic terminology not mentioning GAME PLAY, because it wasn't game play it was cinematics.

It also seems to try and hide everything you can possibly make out about the game and game play by using special effects to blind and distort the viewer wathcing these teasers. (A HUGE RED FLAG) Absolutely nothing shown about game play, team play, vehicles, weapons, or what to expect.

To top it off, its for console.. and anyone who wants to argue this can go in their bathroom and beat off to themselves arguing... you don't make a game different much between console and PC, it don't work like that, the dynamics would change so much it wouldnt even be close to the same game.. So ugh yeah... failed from start..

Which is the exact reason why all above is hidden.... If they wanted to sell this game and it was great, they'd show it and ram it down your throat..

BF3 is looking to be the biggest dud of the year, and the morons suits hyping this and trying to milk the hype are helping us to put them out of business, which is much what this industry needs to turn around..

My thoughts Exactly. Although it wouldnt seem so, there are still people with common sense ;) I would never waste my money on that scam.

Like, really, come on, they arent even releasing mod tools "because modding is dead and nobody mods anymore". Thats a so damn sad excuse that I cant understand how anyone can swallow that bull♥♥♥♥.

Wilsonam
04-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Sums up how I am feeling about most FPS these days, I am not needing all of the fluff (perks, killstreaks, leaderboards) that games use these days in an attempt to keep me playing the game.

RO2 is releasing tools from day one, and as my part of a clan with 200+ members, I am buying it.

I don't need a release of the same game with an updated engine every year, with new fluff but the same childish players. I am wanting a game that I play for years, that promotes the gaming community.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FPS games, and play in competitive matches in COD4 and 5, and I also think the Frostebite 2.0 looks spectacular, and I may even buy the game on release, I just do not like the way that game makers are splitting up the community, and do not realize the full potential of the PC gaming community, this is something that I believe TWI is going to tap into...

So... if we produce a PC-centric FPS, based around a broad range of gameplay, suiting a broad range of play styles, with a much more manageable learning curve... with single-player campaigns that aren't pre-programmed storyline, also helping those less familiar to become comfortable with the game mechanics... with multi-player that includes multiple game-types, ranging from the simple Firefight through to the more tactical Countdown, with variants of the game-types balanced for clan play, as well as variants balanced for a multi-player campaign, over multiple maps and hours... with all the standard PC server tools (and then some)... with Tripwire's loving attention to detail on weapon handling, sounds and realistic game mechanics... with an SDK for all from Day One - and available to select mod teams months before launch...

... then you think we'll attract a reasonable following for the game :) ?

xruiner89
04-23-2011, 08:59 AM
So... if we produce a PC-centric FPS, based around a broad range of gameplay, suiting a broad range of play styles, with a much more manageable learning curve... with single-player campaigns that aren't pre-programmed storyline, also helping those less familiar to become comfortable with the game mechanics... with multi-player that includes multiple game-types, ranging from the simple Firefight through to the more tactical Countdown, with variants of the game-types balanced for clan play, as well as variants balanced for a multi-player campaign, over multiple maps and hours... with all the standard PC server tools (and then some)... with Tripwire's loving attention to detail on weapon handling, sounds and realistic game mechanics... with an SDK for all from Day One - and available to select mod teams months before launch...

Brilliant.

SiberianPenguin
04-23-2011, 10:32 AM
well that was a mouthful.

cheeseus
04-23-2011, 02:13 PM

You bet. I was getting so pumped up for this when reading through that :D

Stevecouch
04-25-2011, 07:09 AM

I think that what you guys are doing is absolutely brilliant!!

I believe that you will have a very large following due to the time and effort that you are spending on making and supporting this game. Everything that I have read and seen about this game, the tools being released at launch (a very big plus), the attention to detail, large maps, the interaction with the community and the fact that players are not going to be limited in their selection of game style, has put this on the top of a must have.

I did not know that you guys were right up the road from me! (I live in ATL). So if you have any early release let me know I am constantly passing on all information about this game to my clan (they are very excited) as they are waiting to set up mods and maps ASAP. I would even make a trip to visit, if I didn't think that it would be imposing on your time.

So to answer your questions, yes, yes and YES!! Bring it on Tripwire!! You are what the PC gaming community has been asking for!!

cheeseus
04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
I did not know that you guys were right up the road from me! (I live in ATL). So if you have any early release let me know I am constantly passing on all information about this game to my clan (they are very excited) as they are waiting to set up mods and maps ASAP. I would even make a trip to visit, if I didn't think that it would be imposing on your time.

You can already mod for it using the UDk if youre interested :)

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

otester
05-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Unless the BF3 beta shows the signs of another console port, I will be getting it along with RO2 when it comes out.

I don't think you can really compare the two as one concentrates on realism, the other being more arcade.