PDA

View Full Version : TF2 NOT Loading

lrschuberth
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Recently Steam went through an update and I own an iMac so at first my Steam did not automatically update. It took awhile for the update box to appear and when it finally did, it said the update was 100% complete, but I have tried opening Team Fortress 2 multiple times, and the only thing that appears is the "Preparing to launch team fortress 2" box. It doesn't do anything after that, just stays at the same screen. I am still not able to play the game. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm not sure if it's Steam itself or a problem with my computer. HELP :o

slimjim8094
04-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I had that problem too... except for me, it was stuck at 100% CPU while sitting on 40% "validating files". It never got anywhere, deleting clientregistery.blob didn't do anything, so I finally just nuked the game files and redownloaded them. Thankfully I'm on University internet, so it only took about 15 minutes. A more conservative solution would be to move the TF2-specific files out of the way, then go and start downloading/installing them again, then quit Steam and move the old (complete) files back.

Hopefully that would fix whatever hang-up it's got

TexKlanZ
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Recently Steam went through an update and I own an iMac so at first my Steam did not automatically update. It took awhile for the update box to appear and when it finally did, it said the update was 100% complete, but I have tried opening Team Fortress 2 multiple times, and the only thing that appears is the "Preparing to launch team fortress 2" box. It doesn't do anything after that, just stays at the same screen. I am still not able to play the game. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm not sure if it's Steam itself or a problem with my computer. HELP :o

I'm having the same problem, too, even though it says in the Recent News that they fixed a startup crash for some users who were unable to load client.dll

Still, none of the games load up.

tkreft1128
04-15-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm having the same problems. TF2 as well as all of my other Steam games aren't loading. Running 10.5 OSX.

Morrigan
04-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Same issue here. It's happening with every game.

Theonejunior
04-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Hi,

so i think i'm going crazy here, yesterday, i was playing css, like i do many times, when suddenly i thought, 'hey what if i bought TF2, right?'

Bought it, downloaded it, installed it, all via steam

I want to launch it and i have to verify some files :/ anyway, it gets stuck at 63% and my processor load skyrockets.

cancelled it, tried to shut down steam, but steam was already frozen.

Retried this proces several times, no luck.
Restarted my mac
Still no luck at all.

Tried to start CSS, all is fine, tried to start HL2, all is good, tried to tart TF2, still, no luck

So i deleted the local content and re-downloaded TF2 (yes the whole friggin 5-6gigs, again), tried to start it, this time, the validation froze at 83%, again CPU load of steam peaking.
So i guess i was doing something wrong, that was yesterday, i think, 'hey, if my CPU is at such a high level of calculation, it must be doing something.

Left my mac 'calculating' all night, woke up and saw that i was still at 83%, with a raging CPU load.
I even took a picture:
Screen 1 (http://www.frankyjrblondeel.be/images/screen1.png)
Screen 2 (http://www.frankyjrblondeel.be/images/screen2.png)

Pressed cancel, tried to launch CSS again, and guess what; i can't launch it anymore, it's starts validating files!!! The files of TF2 :mad: i mean come on???!! i buy a game, and i cant play my other anymore.

so... FIX THIS!

Tobermory
04-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one...

I'm stuck at 43% validating on TF2 for the last 48 hours. Nothing I have tried has fixed this. I have logged a support request.

Hopefully someone will come up with an answer.

T.

Avreon
04-16-2011, 08:21 PM
See:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1836303

We are all in the same boat, my friend. Most of your issues are not unusual/you alone.

slowhand320
04-17-2011, 03:31 AM
same problem here too, i downloaded the update which includes the fix still does not works

slowhand320
04-17-2011, 03:32 AM
the big thing is that it doesnt work after fix update too , so im a bit nervous

slowhand320
04-17-2011, 07:29 AM
Solutions:
1. If you are using any specific HUD's delete them
2. Also delete Scripts, Materials , Resources, Custom maps
------------------------------------------------------------
Or delete team fortress 2 folder located in. User-Library-Application Support-Steam-Steamapps-Username-Team Fortress 2

Half Life 2 is working fine for me others not.

The fix is basically to delete all of the specific files in each source game folders.

Beware : REINSTALLING DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

Boris Schwarz
04-17-2011, 09:04 AM
hmmm dosent work for me

Boris Schwarz
04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
just played in an old team fortress 2 folder from my notebook after moving the old one. Now the game ist starting again and i can connect to maps/servers, lets see how long till it crashes. :)