PDA

View Full Version : Would you want a drinking fountain in your home?

Yiffles
04-16-2011, 12:28 AM
I think it'd be pretty nifty to have one, for when you want a quick drink but don't want to get a cup. If I ever own my own home, I'm going to install a bubbler (that's the nozzle part) on my bathroom counter over my sink, and maybe an outdoor one outside by the garden.

Sirhc Nacnud
04-16-2011, 12:30 AM
I like water best straight from the tap, using my hands as a cup. That sounds weird, but it works.

Yiffles
04-16-2011, 12:47 AM
I do that too.

Bearkin
04-16-2011, 12:48 AM
I like water best straight from the tap, using my hands as a cup. That sounds weird, but it works.

It's not weird, I'm sure everyone has done it.

Actually, when I was younger, I would actually twist my head (so it would fit) and put my head under the tap and drink straight from the stream of water (I wouldn't actually touch the tap, just the stream).

MyNameDidntFit
04-16-2011, 12:52 AM
^ ditto.

Yiffles
04-16-2011, 01:01 AM

Actually, when I was younger, I would actually twist my head (so it would fit) and put my head under the tap and drink straight from the stream of water (I wouldn't actually touch the tap, just the stream).

I can still do that. I used to drink from the dish sprayer too.

Garbagemanfight
04-16-2011, 01:18 AM
I'd rather just drink from the faucet and not have to worry about another piece of plumbing having any problems.

velvetmeds
04-16-2011, 01:22 AM
If it were a fountain of youth!

GOMER44
04-16-2011, 01:25 AM
I bought JOKARI The Black Whale Faucet Fountain device for $3.99 at Kroger, today!

http://www.thefind.com/pets/info-whale-faucet-fountain

I like it, they also had a Dolphin

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Dolphin-Faucet-Fountain-White/dp/B002WI1IXQ/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_2

ledbelly
04-16-2011, 01:46 AM
i was thinking more of a waterfall. i have to climb it to get to bed.

Alasdair.
04-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Nope, wouldn't need it. I always have 4 or 5 bottles of water (refilled from the kitchen tap) in the fridge, ready to drink.

A Guy
04-16-2011, 01:51 AM
How can anyone like tap water?? It's disgusting!

I used to always want a water fountain (actually, I wanted a fountain with something that tastes good like juice or coke or... CHOCOLATE MILK, yum! but that wouldn't work out too well), but now I don't care anymore.

Yiffles
04-16-2011, 02:02 AM
My kitchen tap has a filter on it. If I had a drinking fountain, I'd have an inline filter under it.

Shen
04-16-2011, 02:03 AM
I used to drink from the toilet. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Alasdair.
04-16-2011, 02:04 AM

Depends where you live and what your situation is like (I have friends who live about half an hour away whose tap water is awful). My tap water is just fine.

Adrofex
04-16-2011, 02:15 AM
I would advise that you make sure that you don't have Lead pipes!

In Edinburgh, Scotland, the tap water is actually more filtered than most bottled water because of tough rules on the quality of tap water. However, if you have lead pipes in your house you may end up with Lead poisoning!

I live (or lived I guess, seeing as I relocated) a short distance from a natural reservoir. The tap water was awesome!!

ggplayer
04-16-2011, 02:16 AM
I'd go further and install a fountain over my pillow, so I wouldn't need to get up during the night for a drink. Oh and a catheder leading straight to the toilet so I don't need to get up at night.

:D

ledbelly
04-16-2011, 02:23 AM
I'd go further and install a fountain over my pillow, so I wouldn't need to get up during the night for a drink. Oh and a catheder leading straight to the toilet so I don't need to get up at night.:D

thats a good point. i would have a water rapid system running around the house to go with my waterfall. i'd just get out of my bed and hop straight into my dinghy. actually the dinghy could double up as a bed.

MrSniker
04-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I think it'd be pretty nifty to have one, for when you want a quick drink but don't want to get a cup. If I ever own my own home, I'm going to install a bubbler (that's the nozzle part) on my bathroom counter over my sink, and maybe an outdoor one outside by the garden.

I remember as a child my father installed a water fountain in the front of the house so when we got home from school we could drink water from it. It quickly became a pit stop for elementary school kids for a quick drink (they saw us drinking from it). ANyways I couldn't taste any difference in quality of the water, in fact I preferred the fountain as it was extremely cold; and, living in 100 degree F weather made it quite the little oasis in the desert.

We live such short lives to focus on something so trivial as water quality in the developed world is to me, unhealthy. This brought back a lot of memories of my childhood. God I loved that water fountain.

Now that you started this topic, when I get out of college; I'm finding that exact damn water fountain and installing one right in my patio.

Lefty Loosy
04-16-2011, 03:34 AM
Or you could kill two birds with one stone by acquiring a bidet.

Deza
04-16-2011, 03:49 AM
i was thinking more of a waterfall. i have to climb it to get to bed.

Minecraft FTW. However, if your playing on the latest update it would take a veeery long time.

meekle
04-16-2011, 04:11 AM

tap water can be great in some cities. it can also be disgusting in some cities. sometimes it even varies on what area of a city you live in or street.

BS_1
04-16-2011, 05:46 AM
Water fountain? We call it a bubbler over here. :D

Europhoria
04-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Only if it had beer coming out of it.

The3rdPoliceman
04-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Don't really need a fountain. Maybe just so I could go around telling people I have a fountain in my home.

Also the thread title reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZwUBNuidQY

MADDOGGE
04-16-2011, 07:30 AM
They still sell fountains for outside here in the little catalogs that come in the mail like "Walter Drakes". The problem with them is more water hoses these days aren't fit to drink out of and thats how you hook up the fountain.

When I was a kid we drank out of the water hose a lot. We were not allowed in the house except to pee/poop/do homework/eat/bath/ or sleep. The rest of the time it was outside for us.

bluz74
04-16-2011, 07:35 AM
:confused: You mean a bidet? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1YwSMGNJE)

Ghostbreed
04-16-2011, 07:37 AM
I had a bidet once, does that count? :rolleyes:

Damn, Bluz ninja'd my furry butt :(

bluz74
04-16-2011, 07:38 AM
How did the water taste?

Ghostbreed
04-16-2011, 07:41 AM
How did the water taste?
Won't spoil the fun, try for yourself :cool:

Sirhc Nacnud
04-16-2011, 08:07 AM

The water that comes out of my tap comes directly from our well. That well is drilled 300 feet into bedrock, and taps into some of the best water around. There's actually a bottling facility a few km away that sells the stuff. It's that good.

Excygy
04-16-2011, 09:27 AM

Well if it's dinner or you are out with friends, water sucks....

but if you are in the middle of a big show/rave and/or in the middle of summer and you really need to rehydrate, water is better then coke or juice etc...

if you jsut want to drink, sure beer, coke, juice, milk energy drinks etc are better ;)

Zero_Vector
04-16-2011, 10:21 AM
I used to drink from the toilet. Pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Pretty sure you are.

Ultima V|RUZ
04-16-2011, 10:59 AM

I do that, too. I would never use my dirty hands to drink from...

marie pavie
04-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Lol at the hothouse flower view of drinking water.

stillmatic07
04-16-2011, 11:40 AM
If it was filtered and I didn't have to maintain it!

supernaut
04-16-2011, 11:41 AM

I used to always want a water fountain (actually, I wanted a fountain with something that tastes good like juice or coke or... CHOCOLATE MILK, yum! but that wouldn't work out too well), but now I don't care anymore.

Depends on the tap water and I'm perfectly happy with mine.

And chocolate milk is disgusting. Hot chocolate or cocoa on the other hand.

AngelinaCarmen
04-16-2011, 11:45 AM

lol, you guys sound like cats.

damaged
04-16-2011, 11:48 AM
lol, you guys sound like cats.

Maybe we know where our hands have been!

iliketurtles!
04-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Im pretty sure the real question is, What would we put in our drinking fountains? (No Brawndo jokes)

ledbelly
04-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Im pretty sure the real question is, What would we put in our drinking fountains? (No Brawndo jokes)

a smaller drinking fountain.

l4nd0fc0nfu510n
04-16-2011, 12:04 PM
I'd rather have a soda fountain.

damaged
04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I'd rather have a soda fountain.

It'll look sweet next to your extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy machine.

;)

Firestorm998
04-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Mmmm.. Orphans tears.. Mwahaha!

DocZ
04-16-2011, 12:24 PM
okay, so I guess I'm weird then, I always use a glass.... and since you just drink tap water, you can just rinse it afterwards....

Yiffles
04-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Bubbler is what we call a type of bong.
I wouldn't either, which is why I use my clean hands.

Larry1212
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Why bother if you can just bend over the sink and drink from the tap? Kind of defeats the purpose of having water that sprays up for the sake of it?

Personally I hate tap water, especially in Ireland. It's full of chlorine. It's horrible!!

jdub
04-16-2011, 04:25 PM

I can still do that. I used to drink from the dish sprayer too.

Yep, still how i drink my water. Probably grosses some people out, but i don't want to touch the tap with my mouth anymore than you don't want me to. Remember the funky taste of hose water? I'm still convinced i've contracted some kind of plastic poisoning from it.

Snorkel
04-16-2011, 04:29 PM
OOH! BRAINWAVE!

Design a new tap/faucet for your bathroom sink/handbasin, for the cold water, which has a swivel in the middle. You can rotate it to be pointing down into the basin like a normal tap, or so that it's pointing upwards to allow easy drinking! And if you're really awesome at engineering, you could get it to decrease the flow when it's in the up position so you can't accidentally water your bathroom wall!

:D

King Pirgnob
04-16-2011, 04:29 PM
I would love a drinking fountain in my house.

I drink from my faucet as if it's a drinking fountain. Just get it to a thin air free stream and start gulping. It tastes way better this way and is more refreshing to me than drinking out of a glass.

I almost make it my mission to use a drinking fountain wherever I go if they have one.

Yiffles
04-16-2011, 04:48 PM
I used to drink from the garden hose all the time when I was a kid! Then we got one that had a tag on the end that said "DO NOT DRINK".

pikachuu
04-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Why have water fountain when you can have chocolate fountain? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lo7-2r_-JU)

envirovore
04-16-2011, 07:45 PM

Says you. My parents have a natural spring tapped as their well. Had the best tap water in the world while growing up.

Now, not so much. City water here sucks, but I still drink it out of tap.

Bubbler is what we call a type of bong.

Ahem...I'm sure "water filtered tobacco pipe" is what you mean. Right?:p

Species8472
04-16-2011, 08:46 PM
I had a drinking fountain in my house for a few years. It was in the downstairs living room. It was nice to have while it worked.

damaged
04-16-2011, 08:49 PM
(...)It was nice to have while it worked.

You just know there's a good story behind that.

Agent 1337
04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
That would be awesome.

ZoSo15
04-16-2011, 10:05 PM
There was one on the back porch at my old house. It was never used. The tap water was awful, we used an RO machine by the kitchen sink.

SayHelloRosco
04-16-2011, 10:20 PM
My school has a water fountain, and it dispenses tap water, It's ♥♥♥♥ing delicious. If I had a fountain, it would dispense Green Tea.

angrytigerp
04-16-2011, 10:42 PM

Are you from Wisconsin?

Ihavenoidea
04-16-2011, 10:57 PM
I want a fruit punch fountain like he had in Mr. Deeds.