PDA

View Full Version : 4 reasons why I am a Valve fanboy.

JudgementBullet
04-16-2011, 02:29 AM
1. No $59.99 crap.

2. No paid DLCs. Never saw any Valve DLC that requires purchase.

3. No annoying DRM. Granted Steam is a DRM but to me it's not that bad of a DRM.

4. Valve made the best games out there. Unique and fun (L4D series and Portal series). Although some of the games are from indie developers but hey at least they know what is marketable and what is not (lol)

ledbelly
04-16-2011, 02:44 AM
that's nice.

4 reasons why i'm a member of the anti-hammer legion member brigade.

1: they fill me with absolute disgust.
2. their constant ♥♥♥ kissing makes me want to pull out their teeth one by one.
3. they smell like putrid wasteland vermin.
4. die! die! die!

:mad:

just kidding... i felt this thread needed some balanced opposition.

Bromazepam
04-16-2011, 02:46 AM
You look like you don't know what is a Hammer Legion Member (I guess you wrote fanboi).
To me you are more like a Valve fan.

Fanbois are those who defend someone or something even if they're completely wrong, and won't listen to reason.

real4xor
04-16-2011, 02:51 AM
There`s no such thing as a Valve Hammer Legion Member.

They`re Crowbar Legion Members. :D

Gear853
04-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Legion Members...ASSEMBLE! (Insert cheesy 60's cartoon music here...)

Deza
04-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Legion Members...ASSEMBLE! (Insert cheesy 60's cartoon music here...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWNnESqNHw&feature=related

the_grul
04-16-2011, 07:00 AM
I see Steam more as a service to help me easily keep my games without worrying about cds and in some cases an easy way to hold my game saves, than DRM.

Nekomancer
04-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Well, it is DRM, but at least it's not installing a rootkit and actually has some nice features.

I wouldn't call myself a fan boy, but i like the way Steam works.

Odra
04-16-2011, 07:14 AM
1. Their single-player games are replayable even when they are as linear as the rest.
2. They have a balanced sense of humor.
3. They feed me the tears of those who are forum/VAC banned.
4. I have no choice! HELP US, THEY KEEP US IN CAG-

Valve is A-OK in my book, give the gift of game! (http://store.steampowered.com/)

DarkPhoenix966
04-16-2011, 07:20 AM
sometimes it's nice to see that valve games are 5 , sale
i am underage so i can't buy, otherwise i would've bought them :(

Flyingcow1103
04-16-2011, 07:22 AM
No paid DLCs. Never saw any Valve DLC that requires purchase.

wasn't there that one for L4D that cost $50?

;).

Kibblesman
04-16-2011, 10:56 AM
wasn't there that one for L4D that cost $50?

;).

Nope. All DLC has been free. Also $50 for DLC is a total ripoff, and prolly unheard of.

Ultima V|RUZ
04-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I really like Valve as a company. It's their priciples and character. I like their style.

fr00bl3t
04-16-2011, 11:29 AM
I think valve is pretty cool guy. eh don't release episode three and doesn't afraid of anything.

Dirtman73
04-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Nope. All DLC has been free. Also $50 for DLC is a total ripoff, and prolly unheard of.

I'm thinking you missed the joke there...

bluz74
04-16-2011, 11:33 AM
I think I've made it abundantly clear of my love for Valve. Every game is perfectly developed as though they have tapped into my tiny brain and extracted what I believe are the qualities that make a good game.

However, the next time they tap my brain I wish they wouldn't use the back door. :mad:

Talcon
04-16-2011, 12:07 PM
3. They feed me the tears of those who are forum/VAC banned.

LOL

5. God tier moderators

I knew I wasn't the only one who enjoys the VAC forum for laughs

Larry1212
04-16-2011, 12:29 PM
1. No $59.99 crap.

3. No annoying DRM. Granted Steam is a DRM but to me it's not that bad of a DRM.

4. Valve made the best games out there. Unique and fun (L4D series and Portal series). Although some of the games are from indie developers but hey at least they know what is marketable and what is not (lol)

1. Really? I heard differently...? Haven't they been selling Portal 2 in the states for 59.99? It's 49.99 and the trend in the states seems to be a price tag of 59.99.

2. Ever hear of the Mann Co. store in TF2? That's pretty much DLC, bro.

3. It's called STEAM and we need an account to access our games. If STEAM goes down the "offline" mode can bug. Pretty annoying if you lose your connection and can't sign in as offline because of it.

4. They haven't really since Half Life/HL2+Ep. Left 4 Dead was being developed by a seperate developer and published under STEAM, I could be wrong but I know there was a completely different dev working on L4D untill they were bought out by VALVe. Think it was Turtlerock Studios or something...?

Portal is basically Narbacular Drop ('http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_Drop'), well, not entirely that game but it's based off it.

Alien Swarm was a mod that's been supported by VALVe.

CS and TF were originally mods freely available to the public untill VALVe took over. They don't have many original IPs.

VALVe games are full of quality and they do last quite a while and are entertaining but I wouldn't bow down and worship anything that's released, although having said that VALVe releases are definately on my list of "Must Have's" when they release any game unless it's simply something i'm not into... but that's because I know they won't release something full of bugs or something that won't work and i'll only get five or six hours out of. Other than that i've never really been too engaged in any of their games or the universe... Although if I was into Half Life when HL2 was released i'm sure I would have looked to that game and been impressed.

Firestorm998
04-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Valve are ok I guess. For now at least.
Portal 2 better be worth it cos now I've pre-purchased a game, I have the God-given right to blame a publisher for my impulse buying if I don't like it.

However, the next time they tap my brain I wish they wouldn't use the back door. :mad:
Eww!

Spycake
04-16-2011, 02:49 PM

That's not DLC. DLC would be something that is impossible to get aside from paying, whereas everything in the store can be encountered and acquired in-game.

Ihavenoidea
04-16-2011, 03:02 PM
1. Really? I heard differently...? Haven't they been selling Portal 2 in the states for 59.99? It's 49.99 and the trend in the states seems to be a price tag of 59.99.

3. It's called STEAM and we need an account to access our games. If STEAM goes down the "offline" mode can bug. Pretty annoying if you lose your connection and can't sign in as offline because of it.

4. They haven't really since Half Life/HL2+Ep. Left 4 Dead was being developed by a seperate developer and published under STEAM, I could be wrong but I know there was a completely different dev working on L4D untill they were bought out by VALVe. Think it was Turtlerock Studios or something...?

Portal is basically Narbacular Drop ('http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narbacular_Drop'), well, not entirely that game but it's based off it.

CS and TF were originally mods freely available to the public untill VALVe took over. They don't have many original IPs.

VALVe games are full of quality and they do last quite a while and are entertaining but I wouldn't bow down and worship anything that's released, although having said that VALVe releases are definately on my list of "Must Have's" when they release any game unless it's simply something i'm not into... but that's because I know they won't release something full of bugs or something that won't work and i'll only get five or six hours out of. Other than that i've never really been too engaged in any of their games or the universe... Although if I was into Half Life when HL2 was released i'm sure I would have looked to that game and been impressed.

1. No, they are not. $44.99 on sale, $49.00 usually.

2. No, the concept of an in-game store and DLC arent even remotely similar.

3. Yes, I agree with you there.

4. Yes, you are right, you are wrong.

oi u agree
04-16-2011, 03:09 PM
1. No $59.99 crap.

How the heck is Left for dead series unique? Also, portal is based off of an older game, so not that unique either.

IcarusNine
04-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Considering Valve is now composed of the developers that made these IPs, why does it not get credit for making them? (Even if TF2 is nothing like TFC and Portal is nothing like Narbacular Drop.)

Unless you have proof that Valve fires and kills these developers after hiring them, and then disposes of the bodies in mass graves. In which case, please contact us at BiologicalResources @ Valve.com and disclose to us how you came into possession of this information.

fr00bl3t
04-16-2011, 03:41 PM
If you want uniqueness, stick with the first game ever created. I heard that was pretty unique.

CTRL ALT DEL !
04-16-2011, 03:46 PM

Valve is A-OK in my book, give the gift of game! (http://store.steampowered.com/) Don't worry I will send the rspca to make sure you are treated well.