PDA

View Full Version : biahh.exe has stopped working

DrSNAFU
04-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Yeah, it used to work a couple of years ago but now it won't on the same computer. Opening the executable through steam or manually brings up an immediate windows crash notification bearing the words in the title. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

I use Windows Vista x64 with 100% updated Geforce (266.58) mobile drivers for my 9800M GTXs in SLI. I have 4gb of ram and there should be no reason why it shouldn't work hardware-wise. I have up to date physX drivers, hell I even uninstalled and installed the v8 version in the game directory. No-go. I tried running all variants of the .exe in the binaries folder with the same result. I've tried every compatibility mode with no effect.

I've run out of ideas and would really like to play this awesome game again.

arizonachris
04-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Even tho you have uninstalled, then reinstalled the game, you should verify the game files.

But, that kind of error usually leads me to an issue with Windows. If you have the Vista install ♥♥♥♥, boot to it and do a "Repair" Can't hurt any files, and if the install is a few years old, it's probably a good thing to do anyways.

DrSNAFU
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I've already verified the files, no go. And I reinstalled windows just last month to clear out the cobwebs.

chrisdglong
05-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Make sure your sound system is set to 48K. I get this from games every once in a while and this is the first thing I check. I usually like it set to 192K, but some games wont work at that high of a setting.