PDA

View Full Version : Rate each Potato Sack game on its ARG participation!

Ls777
04-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Lets get a different thread from all the whining and launch panic.

Personally, my favorite ARG content was the levels from the Ball. The meshing art designs worked incredibly well, and the puzzles were amazing. The new level from Bit-Trip-Beat was also sweet, and much better than the other 2 music games. The new amnesia dlc was also sickly awesome, but sadly barely portal 2 related (imagine if they had done it like the ball, that would have been absolutely sweet). The killing floor map was also sexy looking, but i admit I didnt spend much time with it. The defense grid level was also pretty cool. The wonderful end of the world level was decent, and Toki Tori's levels were also decent. Cog gets a free pass since i dont care for sliding puzzle games, so i cant really judge it, so meh. RUSH and super meat boy were the most boring arg participants to me. (ironically, super meat boy is one of my favorite games, oh well)

How about you guys?

G-X
04-16-2011, 07:02 PM
The only one I have is AudioSurf, which added literally no original content.

I hate all of you.

Elite110
04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I only have killing floor and defense grid, kf ive had for a long time and dg i got just for this cause im fond of tower defense games and it was 5 dollars with 6 potatoes :3

Ls777
04-16-2011, 07:29 PM
The only one I have is AudioSurf, which added literally no original content.

I hate all of you.

hehe, sux, hope you get to play the other games sometime ^_^

Spaceguy5
04-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Lets get a different thread from all the whining and launch panic.

Personally, my favorite ARG content was the levels from the Ball. The meshing art designs worked incredibly well, and the puzzles were amazing. The new level from Bit-Trip-Beat was also sweet, and much better than the other 2 music games. The new amnesia dlc was also sickly awesome, but sadly barely portal 2 related (imagine if they had done it like the ball, that would have been absolutely sweet). The killing floor map was also sexy looking, but i admit I didnt spend much time with it. The defense grid level was also pretty cool. The wonderful end of the world level was decent, and Toki Tori's levels were also decent. Cog gets a free pass since i dont care for sliding puzzle games, so i cant really judge it, so meh. RUSH and super meat boy were the most boring arg participants to me. (ironically, super meat boy is one of my favorite games, oh well)

How about you guys?

Actually the Amnesia one was Portal based. It seemed to me like an allegory for GLaDOS (Or, Justine). Notice that they even thanked GLaDOS in the credits.

Ls777
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Actually the Amnesia one was Portal based. It seemed to me like an allegory for GLaDOS (Or, Justine). Notice that they even thanked GLaDOS in the credits.

I didnt say that there was no connection, only that there was barely a connection =P

Abby Normal
04-16-2011, 09:18 PM
The Ball and Killing Floor had the best Portal content by far.

I did enjoy the condescending GLaDOS voice in Defense Grid and Rush.

All the other games had very little or boring content.

EyeOfTheHawks
04-16-2011, 09:21 PM
"Justine" the new Amnesia story is actually REALLY good.

Ive played it twice now, and i was scared equally both times in the water part.

Ls777
04-17-2011, 06:04 AM
"Justine" the new Amnesia story is actually REALLY good.

Ive played it twice now, and i was scared equally both times in the water part.

tell me about it, i was too slow bringing the last lever down because i was panicking and the monster got me at the last second, making me jump 3 feet in the air.

i havent been scared like that in years

Vulgarity
04-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I didnt say that there was no connection, only that there was barely a connection =P

But Justine IS Glados! Amnesia The Dark Descent is now a part of the Half-Life canon, and you say there's no connection!?

Oh, and directly on-topic, I prefer the ones with the most explicit connection-Such as Amnesia and Audiosurf(It's clear the squids help her operate.)

GirlPower23
04-18-2011, 01:45 AM
I liked the Defense Grid one a lot. Especially the Portal inspired level. It had little details everywhere that made it very interesting and it was sort of challenging at first. Having GLaDOS taunt you the entire time was just more icing. They didn't miss out on little details like if you sell a turret she starts mocking, upgrades she mocks.. it's just like Portal and Defense Grid easily mash together (Being Sci Fi games obviously)

iphicrates
04-18-2011, 01:46 AM
honestly,
all the dejobaan games, i thought, were of low quality.
The only games i appreciated in this pack were the shining three:
Amnesia
Super Meat Boy
and Killing Floor.
the rest made me want to run my computer to the ground. :o
Oh, and BIT.TRIP.BEAT wasn't bad at all either...

Kayohgee
04-18-2011, 01:47 AM
The Killing Floor map is awesome, I hope we get to keep it (and keep the GLaDOS trader on it)

mrekim
04-18-2011, 01:48 AM
I had a lot of fun with toki tori.

Tidenburg
04-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Killing floor's map was brilliant. I like that it added some verticality to arena rooms. The layout was significantly better than most other KF maps.

Horizord
04-18-2011, 01:50 AM
I liked The Ball's mini-campaign the best. It felt like I was playing a new portal game. :D

MultiVaC
04-18-2011, 02:09 AM
I thought Amnesia's was the best. It was just Portal-themed enough, but the references were subtle, smart and blended nicely with the original game. They sort of brought the themes of Portal into the world and genre of Amnesia instead of the "LOL COMPANION CUBE" approach a lot of the other games kind of took. I also think it's the only one that could stand on it's own outside the context of the ARG. It would still be just as good even if there was no such thing as Portal, which can't really be said of the others.

GirlPower23
04-18-2011, 02:31 AM
It would still be just as good even if there was no such thing as Portal, which can't really be said of the others.

Defense Grid would beg to differ.