PDA

View Full Version : Constant connection problems

flaker
04-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Having constant connection problems I'm assuming its due to the influx of new players without HiRez upgrading their servers? Just wonder if it's a widespread issue.

MiahHman
04-18-2011, 01:30 AM
HiRez did mention at one point that they upgraded their servers to support the capacity.

But yes, I'm also having this problem quite frequently. Queues are broken for the second time in two days as well.

I guess they didn't expect this many players to take up the game... time for another server upgrade, it seems.

Fiszy
04-18-2011, 01:34 AM
6000 new players in the space of a few days is a bit much.

UltimateGrr
04-18-2011, 07:48 AM
HiRez did mention at one point that they upgraded their servers to support the capacity.

But yes, I'm also having this problem quite frequently. Queues are broken for the second time in two days as well.

I guess they didn't expect this many players to take up the game... time for another server upgrade, it seems.

The numbers aren't helping the poor match maker either. 3 man teams need to be balanced, and about 2/3s of your total queued population are recons. I'm not kidding. Recons are usually 2-3x more popular then the next leading class.

MiahHman
04-18-2011, 09:12 PM
The numbers aren't helping the poor match maker either. 3 man teams need to be balanced, and about 2/3s of your total queued population are recons. I'm not kidding. Recons are usually 2-3x more popular then the next leading class.

Tell me about it. Even raids are being affected now. Did a match yesterday with one assault, one robotics (me) and two medics. The rest were recon. Not even kidding.

They should tweak the system to put a max number on recons or something...

That or create a new gamemode with JUST recons...lol

Even better yet, LOCK the recon class until a person hits level 30 with one of the other ones... not really a serious suggestion but recon heavy PvP is hard to do, and recon-heavy raids are just LOL

Proof: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540640198718772438/2CAA38D54015F4CA67612B8A4B87F2AF2A4E90E9/

Fiszy
04-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Recon-heavy raids are actually very good. You can forget about the bonus, sure, but recons are pure dps. They get stuff killed, quickly.

MiahHman
04-18-2011, 11:56 PM
High damage, yeah, but squishy as hell. No shields to speak of etc...

Time spent respawning is wasted time. =/