PDA

View Full Version : Patience. (Somewhat)

Gooski
04-18-2011, 02:10 PM
I know how to be patient. And I could wait for this game if the release date was set in stone. But having the cake waved in front of my face (possibility of a somewhat early release), then pulled away is something I do not appreciate.

The projected time seems to be 12am. Unless we somehow complete a lot of the games sooner,or shave off more time, we could end up getting the same release as our console counter-parts. *Que Anti-climactic ending to the ARG* I (and I'm sure there are some who might agree) feel steam games should be unlocked at 12am anyway...and that is the main theme of this post. And I still welcome the possibility it may be before 12am, I would be glad if valve threw a tip of the hat to the majority of their fanbase...however I'm not so sure...maybe it is a gimmick...if so I'm sure there will be (and has already been) a large public outcry. Oh well, just my two cents. I guess I wall have to be patient and see how this plays out, we may in fact get it sooner.

Allster
04-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Have you ever waited for a valve release game?

It sounds like this is your first

Gooski
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM
valve time. yeah, I know what patience is.

thegazelle6
04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Sounds awfully familiar doesn't it? Like something that happened in relation to another piece of cake at the end of another test eh?

pwn247
04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
tl;dr: OP is upset about a promise that Valve never made.

Valve is the master of trolls. Embrace this concept.

rebgav
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Valve is the master of trolls. Embrace this concept.
This.
If you were trolled into trolling yourselves, who do you blame?
As it stands, Portal 2 will be released ahead of the advertised schedule. Count your blessings.

Gooski
04-18-2011, 02:21 PM
as it stands nothing suggests that. A company that manufactures a product isn't at liberty to "troll" you. And a consumer should never have to get used to being "trolled". of course none of these statements matter, because no one knows when its being released anyway. But I would just rather have a 12am release time for everyone, much more logical. Companies should never promise cake if they don't intend to deliver somewhat. (All assumptions...)

rebgav
04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
A company that manufactures a product isn't at liberty to "troll" you.
A company that invites you to participate in an ARG is, upon your acceptance, going to mess with you from start to finish. That's part of the game. The fact that people chose to extrapolate unsupported hypotheses from the fragments of mis/information is not Valve's fault though it is the expected result to some extent.

thegazelle6
04-18-2011, 03:17 PM
as it stands nothing suggests that. A company that manufactures a product isn't at liberty to "troll" you.
LOL. They are at liberty to do whatever they damn well please. There are entire industries built on trolling. Ever hear of "homeopathic medicin"? Or Scientology?

And a consumer should never have to get used to being "trolled".
The only ones who have to get used to being trolled are the ones who are too stupid to realize that they're being trolled by a company notorious for doing just that.

of course none of these statements matter, because no one knows when its being released anyway. But I would just rather have a 12am release time for everyone, much more logical. Companies should never promise cake if they don't intend to deliver somewhat. (All assumptions...)

The cake is a lie. Think about that in relation to all this, which start on April Fools. Also, the only cake they promised they're delivering on : early release. We don't know how early, but it will still be early.

A company that invites you to participate in an ARG is, upon your acceptance, going to mess with you from start to finish. That's part of the game. The fact that people chose to extrapolate unsupported hypotheses from the fragments of mis/information is not Valve's fault though it is the expected result to some extent.
This. SOOOOO much this.

People at some pointed managed to forget that this is an ARG, and ALTERNATE REALITY GAME. Everybody seems to have confused it with actual reality.