PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else spoiled most of the game and regrets it? (No spoilers)

ZacTB
04-18-2011, 02:56 PM
I have. I know the last like 10 minutes of the singleplayer, first 10 minutes, last part of the co-op, and a few other things and 'revelations' aswell. I hate myself for watching these things and I can only blame myself for being so inpatient and curious. I really wish I could take the last couple days back and leave this forum and the Portal 2 part of GameFAQ's. Still gonna enjoy this game very, very much but I didn't realise up until now how much a surprising, fresh storyline would make the game even better. I haven't watched any of the puzzles though except for the ones in the Valve trailers, though, which I am pretty happy about. But even now I find myself curious to look on these forums for some spoilers, which at first I think "Oh no I won't go in that thread" and then eventually I do. I have no self control. :p

Sorry if there is already a thread for this :(

eydeeb
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I kept my distance from anything but the official trailers. I don't even know the story and it's a good thing.

Chief_Hanak
04-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes!!! I feel ur pain >.<

Egis
04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
that's why I haven't seen a single gameplay trailer haha :P

NokiGP
04-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes i know how you feel mate.
I couldn't even controls myself from watching the song at the end

Anzallos
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Wait they had that stuff? (Has not been here before last week)

GentleBeing
04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I got one major spoiler by accident.

Why do people do such evil crimes :( :( :(

additionaluser
04-18-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm one of those people who never liked surprises, I even try to find out everything about the plot of a movie before going to see it, so if anything the 'walkthroughs' made me more curious to play the game myself. :)

Itsbluenose
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I was on these very fourms this morning and some bastard had spoiled the game for me. I was also on Kotaku's Talk Amongest Yourselfs and some ♥♥♥♥ had a picture that basically spoiled the game for me. I actually feel ♥♥♥♥ for learning this.

G_F=DM=
04-18-2011, 03:12 PM
I saw one spoiler and I went YESSSSSS!!111

cerberusdest
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
ive seen about half an hours worth of footage as well including the last twenty minutes of the singleplayer. To be honest it would have been more thrilling to learn the plot as I went along, but the thing that excites me the most is the co op gameplay (I'm planning to start the coop campaign first), so I'm not regretting it too much.

Jonny5300394
04-18-2011, 03:17 PM
This is why I've been wary while being here.

EDIT: I've only read the OP in case of spoilers!

RSX901
04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Dude, we all know theres gonna be a credits song.

No need to spoiler THAT.

Er, I didn't. So can I not be included in "we all" please. It's no surprise, but I didn't know. You know why? Because I haven't been watching unofficial videos or reading too much. You obviously have and it's affected your judgement of what other people know.

ZacTB
04-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I feel a bit happier knowing I am not the only one, even though that sounds completely selfish since it must suck for you guys aswell for being spoilered. To be honest I feel like there is not much in this game in the way of story that I am going to find interesting or surprising since I know it all anyway. Can't make the same mistake with other games I am interested in this year than I did with this game. I remember making the same mistake with Red Dead Redemption last year and spoilering the ending (although in that case some idiot made a title with the ending spoiler in it) the whole game I spent knowing what was going to happen and it took away a little bit of the joy I would have had. But with this game I have been plain stupid and read everything with the knowledge that they were spoilers.

The DM
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I've seen the original teaser. And the Co-op trailer where she says "I'll make you wish you could die"

Other than that, I have read NO news articles, and seen NO videos.

I have seen the screenshots on the steam page.

It has been difficult.

GentleBeing
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Er, I didn't. So can I not be included in "we all" please. It's no surprise, but I didn't know. You know why? Because I haven't been watching unofficial videos or reading too much. You obviously have and it's affected your judgement of what other people know.

Actually I just figured it out cause the first one had it, and VALVe always makes awesome songs.

Also 110% of every person I ever met knew there was gonna be a end song.

Anyways, the thing that got spoiled for me is a certain wheatley-related thing :(

Duffren
04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I liked the single player ending. I want to see it again, but the videos were all taken down.
I guess Ill have to play the dumb old game now.

ZacTB
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
I've seen the original teaser. And the Co-op trailer where she says "I'll make you wish you could die"

Other than that, I have read NO news articles, and seen NO videos.

I have seen the screenshots on the steam page.

It has been difficult.

Must take quite a bit of willpower, which I have none of. It's why I can never eat healthily, I will start to but after a couple days, maybe not even that, I choose to forget all about it. Like I can't just ignore a thread with (SPOILER) in the title

Valyou
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Not much. I just watched one of the so-called "fake" endings, and the ending song. (waaay too addictive to listen to, definately gonna be better than Still Alive in many ways)

JordanMS
04-18-2011, 03:53 PM
tbh I actually was thinking about it before I saw the spoilers and I got it right :D

oppdis
04-18-2011, 03:55 PM
My brain is pure of spoilers. I'm thankful of that.

blazur
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Somebody spoiler-bombed the forum today which I accidentally read. Kinda wish I avoided the forums today, but I lack the willpower to do so in light of all this excitement.

GentleBeing
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Somebody spoiler-bombed the forum today which I accidentally read. Kinda wish I avoided the forums today, but I lack the willpower to do so in light of all this excitement.

Am I incredibly lucky to never be there when spoiler bombs hit even though I am mostly here 24/7?

The DM
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Must take quite a bit of willpower, which I have none of. It's why I can never eat healthily, I will start to but after a couple days, maybe not even that, I choose to forget all about it. Like I can't just ignore a thread with (SPOILER) in the title

It was incredibly hard.

I can't wait until I can take these earplugs out and take this blindfold off. It's been a long time since I've seen daylight.